moved to mt "family" -- help?
Posted by: jennerality ()
Date: November 13, 2006 05:48PM

hello all. i'm just seeking a little friendly support tonight. i was raised within a "group family" atmosphere (not sure i'm comfortable with "cult" yet) and ventured out into the world for college, then lived on my own several years apart from them. most of the other children who were raised within the same group (roughly forty ppl) have moved on and abandoned their pasts, but as my mother is the "leader," i developed strong friendships with all the members and never cut ties.

about a month ago the channeled voice that has kept this group together (received through my mother) gave a message insisting that they "pull me" out of florida, where i was living at the time, and "save me before the darkness consumed me." i have dealt with depression for several years, but i was going through a rough time when they called with this message, and i finally gave in and agreed to join them in montana where they recently moved to from tx.

there are a lot of other details that i won't bother going into, but i've been here about two weeks and feel absolutely overwhelmed. when i asked the channeled voice if it would be acceptable for me to move into town in my own apt and visit for meditation sessions, i was told i had free will but that my "lessons" would be much more painful.

i am frustrated and feel trapped. how can i doubt the channeling, when it is given through my mother, whom i dearly love and respect?

if my personal woes have interested you in the least, please reply and give me suggestions/comments/questions.

[/color:f5a1703d13]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 13, 2006 10:30PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

These are "warning signs" to watch for.

And also [www.culteducation.com]

This link outlines the definition of a "cult" and some of the structure and dynamics of such groups.

These basics may help you to determine what is happening.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: November 14, 2006 03:08AM

Hi Jennerality: yes it can be very challenging when it is your family and you love them.Kind of sounds like from your post that you really want to move out and just visit for meditation sessions ( or maybe not even that) but are worried about the lessons being harder,and may need family support if the depression gets worse?
The first question is has everything the channel said always come true? Did bad things happen to all the other 40 children who left? Having been in a similar situation, it was being able to see that if bad things did not happen to the others, they probably weren't going to happen to me either that helped.
Think it is possible to still love someone ( your Mom and her group) without necessarily having to believe that all their religious stuff is right.( And if you are more comfortable that way, in my opinion it is perfectly ok to nod and smile politely without having to buy into anything.)My own bias is a preference to make my own decisions rather than having a channel decide for me.( By the way has the channel ever given you advice that did not work out? That also helped me decide that I'd rather run with my own decisions..which have worked out much better for me!) Good luck with it all,Yasmin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.