What the heck is Urantia?
Posted by: andychee ()
Date: August 31, 2006 05:19AM

This was the frist time I ever heard of a group called Urantia.
It seems like they want to rewrite the bible and say they know better because they are aliens.
That is just too nuts.
Nobody who is a real christain would beleive this junk. I think some body made it up so they could sell a lot of books and make a lot of money. And there are guys in Arizona and California who are pretending to be in some kind of contact with aliens so they can tell everybody who they think Jesus really is and take all there money and tell them what to do?
What kind of crap is that?
Now were supposed to let aliens tell us who God is and what he wants?
Are there really people who believe this junk? It sounds just like scientology to me.
I think its really the devil trying to lead people away from what Jesus said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maxwell ()
Date: September 21, 2006 12:31PM

Did you see this about Urantia ?

[en.wikipedia.org]

I don't know about the alien parts, that doesn't mention anything like that. And it sounds like it came from Chicgo instead of AZ and CA. But a unusual set of beliefs

Date: September 22, 2006 12:42AM

The only thing I ever heard from Urantia was what some guy was saying here on this forum on some other thread about AA. He kept quoting the bible and said Urantia explained it and they have this picture of Jesus in front of a space ship or something I don't remember and I don't care enough to go look it back up. Here's from their website homepage:

Today's "Thought to Ponder" from The Urantia Book:
Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: "To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?" Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God. [1096:4]

Everbody wants to rewrite what Jesus said. I quess a lot of cults do this.

Date: September 22, 2006 12:56AM

The life and teachings of Jesus, pages 120 to 196
The Urantia book has at least 76 pages about Jesus and what what he said means, and if that isnt rewriting the Bible from a alien point of view what is. They're not the only ones doing it though because I read of a bunch of cults that do that here on the forum like some cults on this topic at the top of the page. Sheesh.
Those guys are in Arizona and one calls himself Gabriel but there are also others in California who use Urantia to start their cult. Look it up if you want to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.