James Twyman, Beloved Community (Oregon), Emissary of Light
Posted by: Peony ()
Date: January 31, 2005 12:13PM

Okay, I started a new thread for this topic, as suggested.

I want to thank Corboy for directing me to that fantastic article on bridging the "culture" gap, which I had already read but enjoyed the refresher.

I don't really see Twyman, at this point at least, as a child "abuser." I'd say more of a New Age profiteer and child "exploiter," but how far Twyman will go with this psychic child thing, I don't know. I see they are spelling children with a capital C and Twyman referred to psychic children in Japan as the Little Masters. I (obviously) think this is a person and a group worth watching closely -- and not just him, but the whole Indigo child movement. The fringe ends of this movement are really weird (children immune to AIDS, mutating their own DNA to contain more helixes or something like that, power to move objects mentally, etc.) and Twyman is one promoter of the extreme notions. He made the movie, Indigo. He said once that his worst fear was that people won't believe that these children are for real (paraphrased).

I would say it is at least "harmful" for trusted adults to trick children into pretending or believing they are using supernatural powers. I'm not sure if Twyman is still using Ilchi Lee's "tests;" they are more like performances. I see all proponents of the psychic child movement, which seems to be growing, as bearing some responsibility for the potential harm to children. I see their movement heading for schools and other public institutions and we really have to all step up and say no, we don't want this in our public schools.

The more they make psychic children look like a scientifically supported phenomenon, the more educators will join their ranks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 31, 2005 09:29PM

This Twyman is very bad news.
It seems to me he is doing some type of bizarre "experiment" on children, which would amount to systematic psychological child abuse. Telling children these types of bizarre things about themselved can be extremely harmful.
When i say the term child abuse, i really mean it.
Also, he uses the word "Experiment" a lot himself.
YOU DO NOT CONDUCT PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPERIMENTS ON CHILDREN.

These children are going to actually believe this insanity about them they are being told, and at some point reality is going to kick them in the teeth.
The harmful effects of this fraud he is perpetrating on these children could haunt them for the rest of their lives.

This could very well be cause for Child Protective Services to do an investigation. If anyone is in the area, they might consider lodging a complaint with the Child Protective Services in the area. Children need to be protected, and not used, tricked, lied to, and betrayed.

He is also using the children, to get to the parents WALLET. He is selling all kinds of crap on that website.

He is full of bizarre ideas, and i can already see the contradictions and dishonesty in what he is saying.

[www.lightworks.com]

As far as Spoon-Bending, that is the old Uri Geller party trick.
Its a SCAM.
A deliberate lie.
Its a basic magic trick.
Actually, its a good thing Twyman does this, as it openly shows he is a con-artist.

[www.skepticreport.com]
[skepdic.com]

Check out this book blurb below.
This is flat out SCAMOLAVILLE.
He is either delusional, or is a con-artist.
It seems obvious to me the guy is a flat out con-artist, using innocent children to get at foolish and disturbed parents WALLETS.

Coz

--------------------
"One night, while giving a talk in a private home in San Francisco, James Twyman met a ten-year-old boy. The boy touched Twyman's finger, and suddenly Twyman could bend spoons with the power of his mind, could read thoughts, could transmit images to others. Yet later, no one who had been in the room could remember seeing the child! The boy said his name was Marco, and that other special children like him could be found in a monastery in the mountains of Bulgaria. Without knowing who or where they were, or how he would find them, James Twyman began an extraordinary journey to find Marco and the psychic children. In the process, he learned that the children had a message for the world - and learned, too, that he was the one to deliver the message. Emissary of Love is that message.

Date: January 31, 2005 10:18PM

More ideas would be to contact local and national Investigative Journalism shows. These reporters might jump on this, due to the fact children are being used and deceived in this way.

Also, one could also send a package of info to the Dr. Phil show.
Dr. Phil is far from perfect, but he has gone after a few other cult leaders, and fraudsters, and would see through this fraud in about 10 seconds, and might entrap the guy on national TV.

This Twyman needs to have his wings clipped.

Coz

Posted by: supermonkey ()
Date: February 05, 2005 03:39AM

this guy is a looney tune cartoon. He claims that he is a special chosen ambassador of Peace

he is a nut case and all the bs about some kids being star kids or crystal kids is total mindrot

have any of you heard of doreen virtue she is a total new age cult leader who is also doing the idigo kid scam

Also lee caroll who is a fake medium who channels KRYON and he coined the phrase INIGO CHILDREN from what I have heard

all mediums are fakes of course but his cult is really looney and both he and virtue publish a lot of books that are nutty and suport their wackie ideas

cult busters need to be aware of how main stream a lot of this crap is and how much it is accepted by MANY sentimental new agers as truth

any imput into this would be appreciated

Date: February 05, 2005 10:33PM

James Randi has a little piece about another scam-artist named TOBY ALEXANDER involved in the Indigo Children psychological child abuse ring. [www.dnaperfection.com]
(This bogus anti-scientific "activate-your-DNA" delusion seems to be the latest New Age fad. Sadly i have personal friends who have talked about it).

Coz

[www.randi.org]
My favorite part of this site is all about someone the owner calls "Indigo Children"...who are some kind of cross between prophets, aliens and Level 8 scientologists or something. Here is the scientific self-test to determine if you are an Indigo Child:

Are you always searching for your greater purpose in life but feel like the world isn't set up for your kind?
Do you sometimes feel wise beyond your years?

Do you have trouble conforming to the ways of society?

Do you feel out of place in today's world?

Do you perceive the world very differently than most people around you?

Do you have strong intuition about certain things that most others do not?

Do you often feel misunderstood when you try to talk to people about what's real?

Are you a truth seeker?

Do you feel like you were born to accomplish a special mission in life?

Do you feel isolated and alone in your beliefs?

Misunderstood by family?

Do you feel anti-social unless you are with people of like mind?

Are you emotionally sensitive?

Did you have a difficult childhood?

Do you often feel disempowered by too much authority?

If you answered "yes" to all of these questions, congratulations. You're the average American teenager or conspiracy theorist. Don't bother sending any queries to this man, Mr. Randi, as he has stated on his site that those who don't believe his claims or want proof are advised to find some other website with which they "resonate" more strongly. I took his advice and headed on over to resonate with the JREF instead.
P.S.: Why are specially-powered people always some shade of purple? I hate purple. Why can't they be a super-advanced shade of salmon? Magical Maroon? Wisdom Walnut? Prophet Puce?

Sorry, I haven't answers to the color problem. But Silly Saffron, Brainless Brown, and Witless White spring easily to mind....

Posted by: nativeflower ()
Date: February 12, 2005 04:53PM

mr James is quite the circus freak.....I read one of his books....he is very charasmatic as well as convincing...I actuly kinda believed it untill I noticied personal frustation in my thoughts trying to achieve the level of peace he spoke about. then I realized that somthing is not right. I was getting less peace with myself trying to achieve peace. A sign that I was in cult thought. I learned when ever my quality of life goes down while concemplating or engeging in a religion of sorts....it just may be a cult.

here's for laughs .....we all need them....when facing such explotation and pain..

alteration from "you might be a redneck if" by jeff foxworthy

You might be in a cult if????? by JoAnne

you might be in a cult if .....your find yourself kissing rattlesnakes instead of your true love under a full moon

speaking of full moons, you may be in a cult if........you worship the warewolf within.

you may be in a cult if .......your group's exit policy is like stickimg your finger in a baby wipe container. (if you ever done that...you know what I mean)

you may be in a cult if .....you have to hike a mile on foot after driving down 3 unmarked dirt roads to get to your ballet class

you may be in a cult if.....your leader refers to elvis as his psychic self

you might be in a cult if ....... your holiness increases as your wallet decreases

you might be in a cult if .....your leader thinks he is superman and you are his clones in effort to rid the world of cryptinite

you might be in a cult if..........your guru suggest you to leave your mind on the hatrack to fully understand what he is saying

you might be in a cult if......your church dress code is stricter than your catholic school uniform

you might be in a cult if......your leader refers to himself in 1st , 2nd and 3rd person and you respond in fourth

And finaly you KNOW your in a cult .....when your pastor refers to heaven as the mothership.

I hope I did not offend anyone, just alittle twisted humor about a more twisted subject

goodnight all

JoAnne

Posted by: a winters tale ()
Date: August 24, 2006 05:16AM

Hello everyone, My name is nathan. Im not here to judge or for judgment to be laid upon me. I am here to observe, discuss. My intrest lead me here, I have been told I was an Indigo, im 23 years old. I take the title with a grain of salt, I dont give myself labels but I am open to explore ideas to see waht I may see in them. I am simply a person who has had some interesting things happen in my life, things that we are not taugth about in convention. My own personal experience is why I know there are more things out there beyond what we see. What is it that this forum is about? Im wondering if its to remain open to the posabilities and the concept of a limitless universe in all ways but sort out the cons, or is it to seperate from those who do have such beliefs or life experience. What brought me here was a search for the perspective of certian icons in the indigo and psychic children revolution to be percieved as frauds. So now I find myself here jumping in the midst of such a topic, having never been introduced to any of you.
I would wrather let things unfold naturally between our communication. The only thing that I will say, is that if one expresses a level of peace, which is simply a state of mind, that you can not relate to. That does not mean that they are not experiencing it. I talso does not mean that you or another cannot achieve it. It just takes time to do so there are no magick pills. My suggestion to anyone is just look for balance, and understanding of all polarities, so you can remain open and allow yourslef to move into your own peace freely and without judging yourself, or limiting to one mind set or idea.

I hope everyone is well
balance
nathan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.