Wiccans need to stick toghter.
Posted by: PaganGoth11189 ()
Date: April 03, 2006 07:10AM

I have been doing some reading on the modern day hurassment (sorry about the spelling) of witchs and wiccans and I have come to understand somthing. We wiccans need to stick toghter. We need to be there to support each other and lend a helping hand in our time of need.

I would like to tell a story. I have just been released from a year and a half stay in jail 4 months ago. I reget to tell you to you this but it must be said what happend in there to get my point across. I have been Wiccan for about a 2 years and while in jail I wanted to learn more about my religion. We had a great libary in there with a huge section on Wicca and witchcraft so I wanted to get a book on it to do some futher reading. I checked out a book on wicca and a fellow inmate saw what I was reading and asked me if I bleived in that stuff. I proudly told him that I did. Thats when all the trouble started. Word got back to all my fellow inmates and I started being hurassed. I even got death threats just because I was wiccan. The staff members even gave me a hard time.
I tryed to do somthing about it but EVERY ONE I talked to just turnd a blind eye. I was alone in a sea of angry and hostel christans. I had no other wiccans to turn to to help me. I felt so alone and confused. I couldn't think why any one would want to hurt me just cause of my religion. It felt wrong. Like I was in another country cause surely this would never be alowed in the america I knew, but it was happning still. Thats when I relaized we are just coming to a point where we can be safe being Wiccan in this world, but we are not there just quite yet. We need to stick toghter and get our religion out there. We need to get rid of all the myths about witchcraft and let our true peaceful religion be known. We must retaliate to the slander coming from the fools of this world. But we must remember to stay peaceful least the fools of this world use any thing aginst us. Never use violence unless in self defence. we must stay strong in the face of pursucution least the burnig times start again. If you wish to contact me write me at Samurai11189@yahoo.com I would love to hear from my fellow wiccans and other people.

Stay strong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kath ()
Date: April 04, 2006 10:37AM

Did you mean to post that here or to a different forum?;)
Love
Kath

Posted by: wraithe40 ()
Date: April 04, 2006 01:47PM

i can understand your disappointment at the attitude of those christians...
it does make you wonder when they say acceptance and dont judge or condemn, then they go and do just that....not very christian like...

What i cant understand is we are persicuted (dictionary) for being healers and performing magick...
if you healed another you would be judged as an idiot..
if you turned water into wine you would be called a trickster..
if you walked on water you would be called an illusionist..
if you accepted others unconditionally you would be called a fool...
and if you did all these things you would be crucified...

WOW doesnt that ring any bells....
amazing how they can give us such a hard time but at they end of the day they are only fooling themselves and lying to their own hearts...

Posted by: pheebs ()
Date: April 11, 2006 05:16PM

How about if we post that as Pagans in general!

I lost my job over my religious preferences and have never found the courage to take them to court.

I totally agree, we as pagans have a great big mess to clean up from all of the other not so happy healty sects of our relgion, which give us the bad name and what not.

I live in the "Buckle of the Bible Belt" Arkansas, and there are actually some Pagan friendly churches down here that are helping us with a Religious Tolerance Day *PPD*, therefore I don't choose to condemn all christians, just the ones that condemn us.

You can only turn the other check so many times, dontcha know?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.