4 more cults recruiting on streets of NYC
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: December 02, 2005 12:12AM

Hi all -

Just wanted to relate 4 cults seen recently recruiting in NYC. They all seem to be gearing up since it is the holiday season.

1. Nation of Islam - seen handing out their "newspaper" called The Final Call in front of Port Authority Bus Terminal, Friday, Nov 18 at about 6 PM

2. Falun Dalfa - various places around Manhattan, once again with people tied up in tortuous poses. Also their bright yellow newspaper boxes giving out their "newspaper" called The Epoch Times seem to be in many places in Manhattan.

3. Jehovah's Witnesses - standing at the entrance to the tunnel going west from the 7 train to the B, D, F, and V trains on 42nd St. Also seen in subway station of the 4, 5, and 6 at 42nd and Lex.

4. Jews for Jesus - seen inside tunnel going west from the 7 train to the B, D, F, and V trains on 42nd St. At the time they were about 50 feet from the Jehovah cult member named above.

Matt

Options: ReplyQuote
4 more cults recruiting on streets of NYC
Posted by: PK ()
Date: December 19, 2005 11:29AM

I"ve seen the Falun Gong exhibits on 42nd Street between 6th & 7th Avenues on the south side of the street.
they have a guy in a wooden cage and a dummy dressed up like a police officer holding a club in an upraised position.

It was so bizarre I laughed for a few blocks. who would spend their time sitting in a wooden cage on 42nd Street? I am sure they wouldn't sit in a wooden cage on any old side street where no one could see them. It was so obviously a publicity stunt.

Then I saw them outside of Madison Square Garden. The same stage set, the cage, the banners. I said to one of the women, this is too funny. She chased me for a few blocks yelling at me in broken English/Chinese. "this not funny." I beg to differ. Her aggression really creeped me out even more than the idea of people standing all that time in the cold with the banners to convince the world that they are attention worthy and victims.

I've seen them a few times around Manhattan with children. I wonder about that. Should someone call Child Protective Services? And why are they allowed to block foot traffic like that?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.