Hicks, Dyer, Ray, Who Else? -- Do You Feel Bad for Them?
Date: July 12, 2012 03:47PM

When 'teachers' have things affecting their lives that they have implied something of the sort couldn't happen to someone like them, do you feel bad?

It is clear that the thoughts-create-our-experience belief has created great apathy in those whom practice it. We hear so much from them about intention and vibration, but yet things that these teachers claim cannot effect someone if they are of pure intent, or of the right vibration, sometimes happen to them. How do you feel when all that they have ever built their lives on crumbles and they start to experience the disappointment and despair that so many of their followers have? If we don't feel bad for them, are we just as apathetic?

From what I remember, James Ray is in jail, Wayne Dyer has leukemia and Jerry Hicks has died of leukemia. Are there other "teachers" that have claimed something, then, saw something different happen in their life? Should we have compassion for them?

Thanks for any input.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hicks, Dyer, Ray, Who Else? -- Do You Feel Bad for Them?
Posted by: grainne uaile ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:06AM

I think we should have compassion for everyone no matter what. I always think about how Deepak Chopra wrote a book on not aging and is getting old, just as I knew he would. They believed what they wrote about, but it didn't matter. That is too bad about Wayne Dyer having leukemia.

Re: Hicks, Dyer, Ray, Who Else? -- Do You Feel Bad for Them?
Posted by: walter1963 ()
Date: July 15, 2012 08:23AM

I don't care either way unless the man was/is a humanitarian. Too many people on the New Age circuit who made millions are selfish pigs who couldn't care less about people and often screw them over. They hurt and bullshitted a lot of people out of hard earned money on their way to New Age sainthood.

To me this is Karma. Look at Michael Roach, the guy looks 70 because of his lifestyle. By the time he reaches 70 he'll be dead from parties, booze and drugs like other degenerates like Trungpa and Richard Baker. Deepak, maybe he ought to invest in the "immortality course" his TM master was peddling.

Hicks's poison will live on in other destructive cult leaders peddling the Law of Attraction BS. The old goat was like a New age typhoid Mary.

Avoid these rotters and buggers. They are poison to the human soul.

Look at the gurus and tell me of their great humanitarian works(non cult that is). There isn't any. The only thing these people do is take and take.

They are right out of M. Scott Peck's People of the Lie. Seriously, some these New Agers do serious psychological damage to people, sometimes causing them to destroy marriages, careers and even commit suicide.

You want to be a better person, join the Masons or Shriners or your local Church outreach group that helps people. All these groups actually help people and you can learn to to realize it's not all about you and make some friends in the process. Can't join make a donation to a Shriner's burn center for children at least feel good about something that helps kids.

But don't shed a tear over the passing of a New Age guru. It's good for them to go away, think of it as public service.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.