Current Page: 2 of 46
Re: Eric Allen Bell
Posted by: psyborgue ()
Date: July 13, 2013 09:33PM

I stopped reading after you admitted you have no idea what thought reform is and the very first link you posted contradicted your claim. He didn't tell anybody not to associate with Shoebat. He said that Shoebat's publicly stated beliefs in end-time prophecies, and his public intermingling of those prophecies with criticism of Islam gave the impression that the "counter-jihad" movement was full of religious nutters. I think that's a valid criticism. If you're criticizing one belief system while selling another, it gives people the idea that you have ulterior motives. Of course the same thing could be said of EAB, but the critical difference is that I've never heard him try and tie his eccentric reilgious/new-age beliefs in with any of his criticism of Islam.

I also find it hard to believe EAB hasn't been threatened by fundamentalist Muslims. I don't think anybody who has ever criticized Islam in any public forum hasn't. Hell. Even I've gotten death threats and that was just over a YouTube comment about Qur'an 4:34. You claim there are no sources threats against him. Here is one from a Pakistani paper. I'm sure a google search can reveal more. Perhaps you didn't search long enough. As to the rest. I have neither the time nor inclination to debunk each and every one of your claims, but if the first few claims don't stand up to scrutiny, I see little chance the rest will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 13, 2013 10:09PM

Eric Allen Bell | loonwatch.comFeb 20, 2013 ... For instance, he [Bell] claims that the watchdog site “Loonwatch.com” is a terrorist
spin control network, while I always thought they were just ...
www.loonwatch.com/tag/eric-allen-bell/ - 124k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell Chooses to Retain “Ridiculous Prejudice” | loonwatch ...Jan 19, 2012 ... This past week Eric Allen Bell posted an article on Daily Kos attacking the
Loonwatch site.
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-chooses-to-retain-ridiculous-prejudice/ - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

Chicken Hawk Eric Allen Bell: NUKE THE KABA | loonwatch.comOct 31, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell's genocidal predilections are already well known, .... that
Loonwatch and Americans Against Islamophobia do a good job at ...
www.loonwatch.com/.../chicken-hawk-eric-allen-bell-nuke-the-kaba/ - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell: JihadWatch Zombie Still Obsessed ... - Loonwatch.comSep 1, 2012 ... The increasingly unstable Eric Allen Bell (aka Eric Edborg) isn't backing down
from his calls to destroy Mecca. His genocidal predilections are ...
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-jihadwatch-zombie-still-obsessed-with -obliterating-mecca/ - 57k - Cached - Similar pages

JihadWatch Zombie Eric Allen Bell Thinks He Hit it ... - Loonwatch.comJul 3, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell undeterred by past humiliation tries to renew his fortunes in the
Islamophobia industry.
www.loonwatch.com/.../jihadwatch-zombie-eric-allen-bell-thinks-he-hit-it- big-on-eric-bolling-show/ - 80k - Cached - Similar pages

JihadWatch Zombie Eric Allen Bell Returns and ... - Loonwatch.comFeb 20, 2013 ... by Garibaldi. Eric Allen Bell (aka Eric Edborg), who has been mostly silent over
the past few months, (no doubt taking a “sabbatical” from his ...
www.loonwatch.com/.../jihadwatch-zombie-eric-allen-bell-returns-and-adds- antisemitism-to-the-islamophobia/ - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell: "Zero Tolerance - DESTROY ISLAM" | loonwatch.comOct 18, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell advocates expelling Muslims and destroying Islam by any means
necessary.
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-zero-tolerance-destroy-islam/ - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell Defects to JihadWatch Twilight ... - Loonwatch.comJan 23, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell the loon has been dumped by Daily Kos for being a bigot.
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-dumped-by-daily-kos-for-being-a- bigot/ - 56k - Cached - Similar pages

Islamo-Criticism: Eric Allen Bell: Loonwatch.com and Radical IslamMar 28, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell: Loonwatch.com and Radical Islam. First some background on the
article(s) and the author, Eric Allen Bell: "In January of 2012 I ...
islamo-criticism.blogspot.com/.../eric-allen-bell-loonwatchcom-and.html - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

Daily Kos: Loonwatch.com and Radical IslamJan 15, 2012 ... Eric Allen BellFollowRSS ... by EricAllenBellFollow ... After over a year of
communication with Loonwatch.com in the making of "Not Welcome" I ...
www.dailykos.com/story/.../-Loonwatch-com-and-Radical-Islam - 194k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell | loonwatch.comFeb 20, 2013 ... For instance, he [Bell] claims that the watchdog site “Loonwatch.com” is a terrorist
spin control network, while I always thought they were just ...
www.loonwatch.com/tag/eric-allen-bell/ - 124k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell Chooses to Retain “Ridiculous Prejudice” | loonwatch ...Jan 19, 2012 ... This past week Eric Allen Bell posted an article on Daily Kos attacking the
Loonwatch site.
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-chooses-to-retain-ridiculous-prejudice/ - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

Chicken Hawk Eric Allen Bell: NUKE THE KABA | loonwatch.comOct 31, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell's genocidal predilections are already well known, .... that
Loonwatch and Americans Against Islamophobia do a good job at ...
www.loonwatch.com/.../chicken-hawk-eric-allen-bell-nuke-the-kaba/ - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell: JihadWatch Zombie Still Obsessed ... - Loonwatch.comSep 1, 2012 ... The increasingly unstable Eric Allen Bell (aka Eric Edborg) isn't backing down
from his calls to destroy Mecca. His genocidal predilections are ...
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-jihadwatch-zombie-still-obsessed-with -obliterating-mecca/ - 57k - Cached - Similar pages

JihadWatch Zombie Eric Allen Bell Thinks He Hit it ... - Loonwatch.comJul 3, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell undeterred by past humiliation tries to renew his fortunes in the
Islamophobia industry.
www.loonwatch.com/.../jihadwatch-zombie-eric-allen-bell-thinks-he-hit-it- big-on-eric-bolling-show/ - 80k - Cached - Similar pages

JihadWatch Zombie Eric Allen Bell Returns and ... - Loonwatch.comFeb 20, 2013 ... by Garibaldi. Eric Allen Bell (aka Eric Edborg), who has been mostly silent over
the past few months, (no doubt taking a “sabbatical” from his ...
www.loonwatch.com/.../jihadwatch-zombie-eric-allen-bell-returns-and-adds- antisemitism-to-the-islamophobia/ - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell: "Zero Tolerance - DESTROY ISLAM" | loonwatch.comOct 18, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell advocates expelling Muslims and destroying Islam by any means
necessary.
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-zero-tolerance-destroy-islam/ - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

Eric Allen Bell Defects to JihadWatch Twilight ... - Loonwatch.comJan 23, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell the loon has been dumped by Daily Kos for being a bigot.
www.loonwatch.com/.../eric-allen-bell-dumped-by-daily-kos-for-being-a- bigot/ - 56k - Cached - Similar pages

Islamo-Criticism: Eric Allen Bell: Loonwatch.com and Radical IslamMar 28, 2012 ... Eric Allen Bell: Loonwatch.com and Radical Islam. First some background on the
article(s) and the author, Eric Allen Bell: "In January of 2012 I ...
islamo-criticism.blogspot.com/.../eric-allen-bell-loonwatchcom-and.html - 85k - Cached - Similar pages

Daily Kos: Loonwatch.com and Radical IslamJan 15, 2012 ... Eric Allen BellFollowRSS ... by EricAllenBellFollow ... After over a year of
communication with Loonwatch.com in the making of "Not Welcome" I ...
www.dailykos.com/story/.../-Loonwatch-com-and-Radical-Islam - 194k - Cached - Similar pages

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 13, 2013 10:15PM

Eric Allen Bell discovers that 'Jewish supremacists' control the media and the banks
Thursday, February 21, 2013

Loonwatch has an interesting article drawing our attention to the latest twist in Eric Allen Bell's erratic political evolution.

Bell, you may recall, is the US filmmaker who made a documentary giving sympathetic coverage to the Muslim community of Murfreesboro as they struggled to build a new place of worship in the face of fierce opposition from Islamophobes.

Not long afterwards, Bell executed a complete about-turn and announced that the Muslim Brotherhood was engaged in a plot to take over the USA and that the Murfreesboro "mega-mosque" was an integral part of this project of Islamist conquest.

Predictably, Bell was enthusiastically taken up by Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer and David Horowitz who helpfully provided him with a platform to expound his newly acquired hatred of Islam....

His conversion to rabid Islamophobia also made Bell welcome in the more mainstream right-wing media, resulting in several appearances on Fox & Friends. Even his demented suggestion that a nuclear attack on Mecca might be a good idea failed shake his admirers' confidence in his political judgement.

However, Bell has now extended the range of his bigotry to target all of the faiths he refers to as the "Abrahamic death cults". This week he asked:

Will there ever be a day when hundreds of millions of women are not suffering under Islamic gender apartheid? Will there ever be a day when hundreds of millions of children are not brainwashed into believing superstitions, for fear of burning in hell when they die? Will there ever be a day when a small but elite group no longer takes from others, under the premise that they are "god's chosen"?

Yes, you read that last question right. Not content with embracing Islamophobia, Bell has lately become a convert to antisemitism as well.

For more, read here

[www.islamophobia-watch.com]

Date: July 14, 2013 05:20AM

Eric Allen Bell inspires the kind of irrationality, and blind loyalty usually associated with followers of a cult leader.

I think psyborgue may be one more example of this. I really do not see how anyone can read this statement by Eric Allen Bell, and not come to the conclusion that Eric is telling his followers to stay away from Shoebat because Shoebat is a Christian.
[i426.photobucket.com]

This is consistent with other statements he has made such as his wanting to "wrestle the counter jihad movement away from Evangelicals".

[www.youtube.com]

More of Bell's bigotry.

[i426.photobucket.com]
[i426.photobucket.com]

"You claim there are no sources threats against him." - psyborgue.

I never said such a thing. One can find me acknowledging, on this very thread, that Eric received many death threats on Facebook. The problem is he didn't feature this in his appeals for money. Instead, he engaged in a fraudulent campaign involving an imaginary fatwa, phony bounty, multiple misleading statements regarding his involvement with the FBI, and exaggerated threats in Pakistani newspapers.

The link to a Pakistani blog that psyborgue provides is SIMPATHETIC TO ERIC, and is in no way calling for his death. This the third example of psyborgue unable, or unwilling to understand what he is reading.

This is why I am sounding the alarm over Eric Allen Bell. I would urge all objective readers to carefully evaluate what psyborgue is saying in regards to Eric Allen Bell, and not make the same mistakes.

I can't believe I am being dismissed out of hand, at Rick Ross, of all places, for telling the readers about a man who wants to lead hundreds of millions of people, is a liar, and retailer of various well known New Age scams of long standing such as "What the Bleep", Dr. Emoto, Gregg Braden, John Hagelin, Deepak Chopra, the Maharishi, "A Course in Miracles", etc, etc, etc.

I can back up what I am saying.

Date: July 14, 2013 06:11AM

Hi corboy -

Thank you for caring about this subject. I think the readers should understand that "Loonwatch" is a very unreliable website. For more on this see "Loonwatch is a Propaganda Hate Site" on Facebook.
[www.facebook.com]

However, they are telling the truth about Eric Allen Bell, but even they don't talk about his campaign of fraud last year that involved a phony bounty, qn imaginary fatwa, nonexsistant death threats in Pakistani newspapers, and all the rest.

You asked me questions about money, and transparency. There is no transparency. Eric uses money from anonymous sources to buy ads that send the readers to pictures, and videos of, you guessed it, Eric Allen Bell.

Indeed, Eric seems to be engaging in a cult of personality at Globalone where his face is every where.

My purpose is not to "stop" Eric Allen Bell, but rather to get people to start talking about Eric's obvious hostility, and lies.

Date: July 14, 2013 06:58AM

I am talking about a well established pattern of behavior from Eric Allen Bell.

"At one point I had landed in a few comment threads and proceeded to engage Eric in order to determine where he stood and if he could back up what he supposedly believed. "

"The discussion that took place was a a trail of talking points that did nothing but evoke emotion. The constant asserting method he used proved he hadn’t really thought about the issue nor did he care to."

"In the end, I deemed the viewpoint of Eric to be hypocritical, intolerant and religiously bigoted – the very terms he and most of the crowd he had gathered were so eager to throw around."

"Soon enough, Eric had left town, just as quickly has he had showed up. All the sites that he had going were given pointers to his main site."

"Obviously he had what he needed and everything began to calm down regarding the ICM and their proposed mosque."
[www.davidchristopher.net]

The people in Murfreeseboro know about this man.

We know about him in the Counter Jihad Movement.

"It is a shame that Eric has run off the rails and started making all these bizarre comments. This one is bad enough -- then there were the antisemitic ones. We are fighting for freedom and the defense of human rights, and his infighting and paranoid conspiracy mongering is worse than counterproductive. He is not an ally." - Robert Spencer
[i426.photobucket.com]

Now you know about him, too, and he is headed your way.

Date: July 14, 2013 08:55PM

I do agree with you, however, that LoonWatch is fundamentalist Islam's answer to "Religious Freedom Watch" and the site is in no way credible. In full disclosure, i'm more of a fan of Sam Harris, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, or Robert Spencer. I tend to think Pamela Geller is a bit too hyperbolic for her own good and says things that could be a liability for those close to her

You say, "We know about him in the Counter Jihad Movement". If you don't approve of EAB, who do you approve of, then? Secularists like Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller? Atheists like Sam Harris, Ayaan Hirsi Ali or Richard Dawkins? Christian critics like Walid Shoebat or David Wood? I'm trying to gauge where you're coming from here. You don't agree with EAB, obviously, but you're tendency to distort his words leaves me wondering why exactly you would do that. I'm all for fair criticism, but when you make things up or distort the facts, I start to wonder what's going on.

Even in the above link in your post from davidchristopher.net, the author of the post changed his mind about EAB in the last paragraph. He noted "My intention for doing so is not to demean Eric by any means, I simply want to demonstrate what a change of heart he has seemed to have". In other words, EAB was a crazy left-wing agent provocateur who came to Murfreesboro to stir up trouble and make the opposition to the mosque look like crazy, but he later changed his mind and what he did was fair and balanced. It is true he took funding from unknown sources to create a film (that was later cancelled as he changed his mind about making it), but as I understand it, he was legally bound by an NDA not to speak about who funded his film.

You try to hang him with words out of context, and I have to wonde why you would do that. There is no doubting EAB has had a falling out with Robert Spencer and a lot of others over his views towards Israel/Judaism and Pamela Geller. There is no doubting that he holds new age views that seem crazy, but is he a cult leader? No. I don't think so. I think it's more likely he's just looking for his own truth and is sharing the results of his searching online for all to see.

He doesn't claim to have the one truth. Though he does claim to know the truth about some things (such as Islam), he also claims he got that truth from others and doesn't purport to be the sole source of that truth. He doesn't claim to be infallible. In fact one of his largest articles written about how wrong he was about Islam, Robert Spencer, and the "Counter-Jihad" movement. He doesn't have followers dependent on him. He doesn't claim that the Counter-Jihad movement will fall apart without him. He may not be the nicest, most likable character out there, but he is not a cult leader in any shape of form.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 09:05PM by psyborgue.

Date: July 15, 2013 08:13AM

@psyborgue -

I tend to think Pamela Geller is a bit too hyperbolic for her own good and says things that could be a liability for those close to her.

Your opinion of Pamela Geller is uninformed, and irrelevant. How someone can say this in the context of Eric Allen Bell's excesses is amazing.

I'm trying to gauge where you're coming from here.

No, you are not. You are looking for ways to dismiss me. I have talked to many people similar to you. I know what you are doing. You are a mind slave to Eric Allen Bell. I have been clear, and detailed about where I am coming from. You refuse to comment on Globalone. You refuse to comment on Eric's phony bounty, or his bigotry, his fraud, or anything else I have been writing about.

you're tendency to distort his words leaves me wondering why exactly you would do that. I'm all for fair criticism, but when you make things up or distort the facts, I start to wonder what's going on.

As far as distorting other people's words goes, this is a much better description of psyborgue than of me.

Psyborgue has told me that this statement by Eric Allen Bell is not an example of EAB telling his followers to stay away from Wallid Shoebat because Shoebat is a Christian.
[i426.photobucket.com]

This is like telling me it is night time when I can see the sun shining. Please take note that Eric is not sharing an opinion, he is telling his followers what to think, and do.

Ladies, and gentlemen, the thrust of David Christopher's piece "Eric Allen Bell and Discernment" is not what psyborgue is telling you," I simply want to demonstrate what a change of heart he has seemed to have", but rather this -

"In the end, I deemed the viewpoint of Eric to be hypocritical, intolerant and religiously bigoted – the very terms he and most of the crowd he had gathered were so eager to throw around."

And, this -

"I'm convinced Eric Bell is delusional. He believes he shouldn't have to back up his assertions unless he's in a court of law. "

And, this -

"I'm arguing all of this . . . to expose his[Bell's] lack of rationality. "

And, this -

"Ultimately, as I'll demonstrate with Eric Bell, if you're opposed, then he has damned you to nothing more than fear, prejudice and a sense of religious superiority."

And, this -

"the truth here is that Eric Allen Bell offers no reason for anyone to believe anything that comes out of his mouth (or keyboard). "

And, this -

"The major issue I have with Eric Bell and much of those in the MTRF is this inability to separate emotional contrivance with the actual issues (the very thing they accuse the opposition of doing though for slightly different reasons). Eric will never actually deal with the issues and only continue to dig himself a bigger hole. "

And, this -

"I believe Eric Bell is delusional. His comments throughout these posts fit the definition perfectly. I don't know how else to describe such logic, but am open to suggestions."

And, finally this -

"People like Eric Bell need to be exposed. They are given entirely too much credibility. I hope that I have demonstrated at least one way to break their arguments apart. " - David Christopher 2010
[web.archive.org]

"what he did was fair and balanced."

Eric Allen Bell is not fair, and balanced, and David Christopher did not characterize him this way, psyborgue did.

"You try to hang him with words out of context,"

I am not taking words out of context, psyborgue is doing this, and I'm getting tired of it.

"is he a cult leader? No. I don't think so."

Your opinion is irrelevant.

"He doesn't claim that the Counter-Jihad Movement will fall apart without him."

Yes, he does. He has told us the Counter Jihad Movement won't get out of first gear with out him. He has told us that the Counter Jihad Movement will fail, unless we do it his way. He has said this multiple times.

[i426.photobucket.com]

" He doesn't claim to have the one truth."

Yes, he does. Anyone who disagrees with Eric Allen Bell is insulted to their face, and called insane, a Muslim, "bad for the Movement", a sufferer of "Religious Dependency Disorder" or a homosexual. He is not a defender of freedom of religion, or freedom of speech. He is a demagogue, and a cult leader.

"he is not a cult leader in any shape of form."

Psyborgue is a follower in the cult of Eric Allen Bell. One can tell those who are in Eric's cult by the surrender of their judgment, and common sense to Eric Allen Bell.

When Eric Allen Bell was told that the bounty had too many zeros to be real, he got defensive, and said that that was aiding "the enemy". This is cult leader talk.
[s426.photobucket.com]

Psyborgue has said -" I've never heard him try and tie his eccentric reilgious/new-age beliefs in with any of his criticism of Islam. "

Eric sprinkles his New Age crap amongst his rants against Islam, and he does this frequently, psyborgue.

Eric Allen Bell is god.
[s426.photobucket.com]

Eric Allen Bell believes in "the Maharishi Effect"
[s426.photobucket.com]

You can be a junior god in Eric's cult.
[s426.photobucket.com]

Gregg Braden is a big hair New Age guru fraud like Eric.
[i426.photobucket.com]

Eric is the anti-Jesus.
[s426.photobucket.com]

Monroe Inst will teach you how to use ESP to contact aliens.
[i426.photobucket.com]

Eric has Christianity in his cross hairs.
[i426.photobucket.com]

And, so on

Cult member psyborgue has NOTHING to say about Globalone, Eric's phony bounty, Eric's long history of anti-social behavior, his bigotry, his relentless lying, and hostility, his paranoia, his fraud, his deep involvement with the New Age, and admiration of frauds, his continuous calls for violence, or Eric's alarming, and deep personal conflicts with Jesus.

Despite wearing his hair like Jesus, wearing a little beard like Jesus, acting like a sage, sacrificing himself for his principals, having a life pattern of falling, then rising - Eric hates Jesus.

Eric Allen Bell has called Jesus a "dick", a "snake oil salesman", and "over rated". This is a better description of Eric Allen Bell than Jesus.

Date: July 15, 2013 06:12PM

I don't "follow" EAB. I don't even really like him very much. I think that it's fair, like with Pamela, to call him hyperbolic. I disagree with many of his statements in actions. A cult member would not do that. However, I do not think EAB is running a cult and that is the only thing that should be relevant on this forum.

Again, you're misquoting him and making things up and I have to ask why. For example, your claim that EAB claims to be god. He actually said, "I am god, So are you. So is everything." Now I think that's a crazy statement, but it doesn't make EAB a cult leader.

Likewise with your claims that EAB said he was the anti-christ. He actually said "If there is an Anti-Christ, it is Father Abraham." Nowhere did he say "i am the anti-Christ" like you claim, and if he did that would be a very strange way to get followers. Cult leaders generally claim to be the good guy. It's clear he dislikes all Abrahamic religions, but again, that doesn't make him a cult leader. I have to ask myself why you are distorting things to make your case. All one has to do is read the "citation" after one your statements to see you are doing this.

His beliefs, however crazy they may be, are not relevant. Whether he dislikes Jesus Christ is not relevant. Whether he believes in aliens or new age or whatever is not relevant. It's not the superficial similarities that matter, it's the differences. Let me quote Margaret T. Singer PhD:

"Cults in Our Midst" Page 97, paperback original edition, chapter "What's Wrong With Cults"
Margaret T Singer
The fact that cults are authoritarian and your father is authoritarian does not make them the same. I like to call this way of thinking the fallacy of one similarity. For example, elephants, lions, and sheep all breathe oxygen. However, elephants are herbivores with no natural predators, lions are carnivores with no natural predators, and sheep are herbivores that get preyed on a lot. It's their differences that are paramount in explaining these animals' conduct. Their differences tell more about their specific activities than the fact they all breathe oxygen.

From time to time I will hear someone compare cults to an organization like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), or to some other group with a charismatic leader. Again, it's not the one feature -- namely, a charismatic leader or adherence to a particular belief system -- that cults share with another group that is critical; rather it is the differences that are important. AA does not recruit deceptively, AA does not hide what membership will eventually entail, and members can leave at any point. AA focuses on helping people grow, while cults use their members to promote the growth of the cult and increase the cult leader's power and wealth. Cults are complex structures, and by taking any one point out of context we can lose sight of the whole.

She then goes on to explain the differences between cults and the Jesuits, the US Military, and other organizations. As she says, it's the differences that matter. Differences you do not seem to comprehend or care much about. For example, does EAB hide his new-age beliefs? No he does not, but having New Age beliefs does not make one a cult leader. Again, see here:

"Cults in Our Midst" Page 182, paperback original edition, chapter "Intruding in to the Workplace"
Margaret T. Singer
Since I refer on occasion to New Age programs or groups, I feel that a clarification of my use of the term is necessary to avoid misunderstandings. This is not a book critiquing New Age philosophy
Many aspects of the New Age can be entertaining, beneficial, and informative, as long as people don't get caught up with someone using these ventures to entrap them into a thought-reform group or a cult.

But as the book explains in great detail, any belief can be used to do this. It doesn't have to be New Age. It can be literally almost anything.

"Cults in Our Midst" Introduction XXI, paperback original edition
Margaret T. Singer
Sometimes people laugh when I tell them about the content of certain cultic groups or show films about the groups. For example, I tell them about assisting former members of a horse cult, an outer-space cult, a sports cult, a weight-lifting cult, a music camp cult, a diet cult, and a hair-dressing cult.

Before you call me a cult follower of Margaret Singer, let me be clear that I do not always agree with her either, but she is right here. The differences are more important than similarities. Is EAB a bad guy? Perhaps, but to emphasize this once more: It doesn't make him a cult-leader.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 06:28PM by psyborgue.

Date: July 15, 2013 06:27PM

If you don't mind me asking, livingengine, what exactly is your experience with EAB? Were you in his group (I don't think he has one). What's your experience with cults in general? It seems to be from your profile on Photobucket and elsewhere you're just a Christian fan of Pamela Geller who doesn't like what EAB has to say about your religion and has taken it upon yourself to wage a sort of internet "crusade" against him. Were you ever even in a cult of any sort?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 06:27PM by psyborgue.

Current Page: 2 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.