The Fishermen
Posted by: weesieO ()
Date: July 13, 2005 09:50AM

My nephew has join a church or group call the fishermen....they dont believe in doctors....or med...they believe in healing only...but he has cohns...and has stop taking his meds...he thinks he will be heal...right now he is not doing well at all....when you try to talk to him he only quotes bible veres...his wife is also in it and she is going to have a baby...and she not going to go to the doctor,, and she going to have it at home in the bath tub....I cannt find much about this group...I know its in NC...any information on them would greatly help....

Options: ReplyQuote
The Fishermen
Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 14, 2005 03:55AM

Call a helpline (many found in the front of the phone book) in your area and ask to speak to someone who has knowledge of cults. Even the police departments now are becoming more aware and they might be able to steer you in the direction of some advice. Your nearest public hospital with an obstetrics ward has probably seen this type of thing and someone there might be able to guide you or at least put you in contact with some state agency involved in child protection. If this group has been operating for any length of time, there will be "casualties" and/or ex-members you might be able to connect with for support. Sadly, once someone becomes a "true believer" in one of these things, it is exceedingly difficult to reach, communicate, or deal with them, but when they involve the health and safety of a child, it is truly a crime and a concern of law enforcement.

Best to you,

Ellen

The Fishermen
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: July 15, 2005 10:07AM

in a nutshell ..... Right - on E!

PAX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.