Corboy, I have I question.
Posted by: nativeflower ()
Date: June 18, 2005 11:36AM

I read that thing about disassocitive disorder, and it decribed my mental breakdown in Savannah to a tee. That was 5 years ago... I have overcome it through meds, however I have a problem. During my breakdown, I slept 20 hours a day, so I did not have to deal with my nightmare of a reality. Well as mentioned in the article, when a person first wakes up, or drifts to sleep they can feel minor, temperary disaccociation. Well I have develped a horrible sleep disorder that no one has been able to explain. when I wake up, I get scared because of how I feel disaccocated and it reminds me of my breakdown and I go back to bed wake up and go back again and again. I had to drop out of college and move back in with my mom. She is scared I will never have a decent life because I have the hardest time getting past this transitional state of awareness. It is very frightning to me, and I feel numb, cant feel any emotion and I feel as if this will last forever and I have to go back to bed to avoid feeling this way. My question is Do you know any information as to how to deal with this or any advice. I know intelectualy that the feeling or, lack there of, does not last forever. actualy only 30 min...but try convincing me that in the morning.

and going to sleep at night also ..I feel myself slip into lesser states of awereness and it scares me and I stay up...fighting sleep to avoid this feeling

I have been talking to a therapist, but she knows not much at all about cult recovery...but neither does anyone in my area....most of the recovery I recieved have been from this site

if you cant help me, can you point me in the right dirrection?

thanks for listening

JoAnne

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 18, 2005 10:43PM

I can point people to articles, but am not a professional and dont want to give advice that could delay your consulting a physician.

Go to someone and see if they can recommend some stress reduction techniques that can reduce anxiety. Try this first and see if it works before considering other kinds of treatment.

Again, this sounds like something that deserves professional attention.

Posted by: nativeflower ()
Date: June 19, 2005 07:13AM

Yeah I agree well I went to the rick ross professional dirrectory and found a tharapsit in Atlanta...3 hours from me

I can travel there by greyhound and city transport...I dont drive..never learned how.

Anyway you are right, thanks again

Jojo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.