Adidam and dead bodies
Posted by: Comeon ()
Date: February 07, 2005 10:12PM

Hi,

I posted previously about my brother in law and his 'new' involvement in adidam. check the post here [board.culteducation.com]. This was in May 04

This is an update and a request for help/advice/information.

We've followed the advice given at the time and still maintain a good relationship with my brother in law (to be), although we live several hours drive away from him.

However, over the weekend a member of the local Adidam group died of cancer and the rest of the group have managed to get the dead body from the hospital. The body has been taken to a house where they have started a 72 hour vigil chanting over the body (in individual shifts). The body has begun to rot and puss is oozing from it, its covered in blood, is changing colour and is very very smelly (apparently).

My B in Law phoned last night (we think because he needed to talk about it to someone) although he is convinced that this is a good thing to be doing. He has been having severe nightmares during the last few nights and we think he might be traumatised. His brother (my other B in Law, lives in the house with his girlfriend) is scared to go back to the house and scared of his brother (at this time). I think tonight is the last night of the vigil and I'm not sure what happens next.

We're also concerned about the effect that this may have on the mental health of my B in Law (as well as over stuff). We also are concerned that this may even lead to a suicide attempt (he has no history of this however and it might just be us worrying a lot).

What do we do? Should we go and stay with them? Has anyone come across this before?

Any advice/ help would be really valued. Also any more recent news of adidam would be valued too. I've read all the stuff linked from this site.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Adidam and dead bodies
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: February 08, 2005 08:36AM

I wonder if this group is violating any laws as regards to how human remains are to be cared for after death and prior to burial? I imagine there are state licences required to prepare a body for burial and this 72 hour vigil at the side of a rotting corpse at the very least is outside of standard practice from that of a funeral palour.

I'd do some checking and get the police on to this to disrupt their vigil and anything else they have planned after. I'd say there are some laws being broken here, including sanitry laws.

Oz

Adidam and dead bodies
Posted by: Comeon ()
Date: February 08, 2005 07:43PM

I did think this but I'm not sure. Also the funeral is today so the vigil has ended. I'm not sure if there is anything else they must do though.

In a way i didnt really want to talk to the police either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.