Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Adventures in Missions-"Christian" mission organization
Posted by: Claris ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:08AM

Thanks so much again, Corboy, for your interest, concern and information. I'll make sure Imelda sees this so that she is well-informed of what to do next.

Claris

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Grace Alone ()
Date: September 21, 2016 09:46PM

Hello,
I wanted to add to this post since it is one of the few places to find the error of AIM spoken of, I am very grateful for Claris and her research. I am part of a family that has been negatively affected by this organization. We have a site that discusses the teachings these young people are being subject to by Seth Barnes if anyone is interested. Search World Race Concerns to find the blog called Missions and Mysticism (Concerns about the World Race and Adventures in Mission).
I would love to see this get more exposure, it sure has flown under the radar.

www.missionsandmysticism.wordpress.com

Posted by: Brandi ()
Date: September 23, 2017 03:41AM

Hi Clarise,
I just read through these reports on Adventures in Missions. My daughter was considering this as an option for a gap year program before starting college. I appreciate your research and information on this company. It has been eye opening read. I plan to get your book for me and my daughter to go through.
My question is, would there be any company that you would recommend to an 18 year old that has a passion to serve Jesus Christ internationally? This is new territory for our family and had I not have found this information, I would have felt very comfortable sending her with this group. However, you have shown that just because they know just what to say on there website and information packets, that does not prove them to be legit. I just don't know which direction to turn now. Any recommendations or further information on companies that should not be trusted would be greatly appreciated! Again, thank you so much for your research! You have saved our daughter and our family a great deal of heart ache.
Sincerely,
Brandi Schwering

Posted by: Grace Alone ()
Date: September 27, 2017 04:35AM

Hello Brandi,
We had put a few other alternatives on our blog about AIM's teaching, you may find it helpful. Google "Missions and Mysticism" then look for Alternatives to the World Race. Does your church have any trips she could do? It is always better to be under the leadership and authority of your pastor. Especially for one so young and easily swayed by deceptive teaching.

I am thankful that the Lord prevented your daughter from going. Much to be concerned about with AIM.
Grace
[missionsandmysticism.wordpress.com]

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.