Fortunes lost...
Posted by: NYSE ()
Date: November 30, 2004 03:37PM

I read through this site and was wondering, after so many religions, trainings and belief systems are condemned; why hasn't the stock market been named as the ultimate destructive habitual behavorial pattern?

Any money lost next to the stock market is peanuts compared to the delusion of so many where gambling is concerned. Who can we blame for this? Are we living in a society where we create and consume our own rationale?

I know this may pale in comparison to countries that develop weapons of mass destruction (the United States has weapons that only Star Wars enthusiasts would believe.. and they make nuclear weapons look like a pail and shovel in a kids sandbox) and are revisionist enough to still believe 'might is right'; so I would take millions of people losing every penny they own, alienating entire families, and jumping off tall buildings - next to leaders that believe that we can still survive wars with current technology.

So, in essence, I'd like to wish everyone some sort of 'brain-washing' to the point that you don't ever condone any kind of violence toward your fellow man.

I'd rather devalue a salad than kill a sentient being.

Options: ReplyQuote
Fortunes lost...
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 30, 2004 07:22PM

The purpose of the RR.com site is to provide consumer information for persons concerned about high-demand groups.

RR.com doesnt have the expertise needed to monitor the stock market. For that you're better advised to contact the SEC or your congressional representative. If concerned about peace or nuclear proliferation issues, organizations like Pax Christi (Catholic), the Society of Friends (Quakers) and Move One/Not in Our Name are all options to explore.

When suffering from a bladder infection, one goes to a physician. When one has a toothache, one goes to a dentist.

Fortunes lost...
Posted by: NYSE ()
Date: November 30, 2004 11:07PM

corboy
The purpose of the RR.com site is to provide consumer information for persons concerned about high-demand groups.

RR.com doesnt have the expertise needed to monitor the stock market. For that you're better advised to contact the SEC or your congressional representative. If concerned about peace or nuclear proliferation issues, organizations like Pax Christi (Catholic), the Society of Friends (Quakers) and Move One/Not in Our Name are all options to explore.

When suffering from a bladder infection, one goes to a physician. When one has a toothache, one goes to a dentist.
Although this response sounds like it was a recording, I trust you're sentient.

Fortunes lost...
Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: December 01, 2004 09:45AM

Hi,

Last month I received a phone call from my dad. He told to spend US$70K on a company's stock. He told me that he had a insight information, the company is making next generation LCD display, growth is immanent, and the stock is soon going to be listed on public stock exchange. The phone call lasted only a minute and he sound strange because there's no reasoning or logic. He never talked to me like this before. I suspect that he has been manipulated. Just a "pretty picture" and "buy"...

What I am trying to say is that the reason I participated in the a LGAT course is also a phone call like this one. A vice president of a big company called me on the phone and asked me to go to the class before I started to work for him. He said he was too busy to explain the class contents and the phone call lasted a minute. Again, no reason or logic involved in any of the conversation with this VP. Just "go" and "obey".

Anyhow, I just read today's paper that the company withdrew its application to be listed. If I put my investment, I lost everything. It is an ethical issue of "before the fact" and "after the fact". Like those information posted in this forum, one has the chance to ask oneself before attending LGAT: is it really worth it. What do you like: "Before the fact" or "after the fact?"

Hsuchi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.