A message for those still in the New Kadampa Tradition Geshe Kelsang
Posted by: whatisacult ()
Date: April 30, 2012 07:28PM

SEEKING ADVERTISING

I am seeking to get through to those still in the NKT who are wishing for reform. Reforming administration is not editing the teachings. The current administrative techniques are damaging everything. So if you have any ideas how I can advertise to these people and tell them about my campaign for reform please message me. It is an anonymous campaign so that anyone can join without being sacked/fired/ banned etc for speaking their mind. Great yogis such as Milarepa always spoke out if he saw spirituality degenerating. We should do the same. YOU NKTers know that in 5 or 10 years time you will wish you had said something when you see the centres closing down. You also know it has turned from a lamrim teaching facility into a 3 course meal spa weekend. Future lives are no longer taught. It is all about this life and fundraising. What do you think Milarepa would sing in a song about us?

20 years ago yes it was corrupt with Neil Elliott and his wrong conclusions about tantra. But at least then the lamrim was being taught openly. Not hidden as an embarrassment. 20 years ago there were courses on future lives, reincarnation, renunciation. The Gp used to be pure Dharma. But now only initial scope small being is taught. Its not Dharma if its not beyond this life.

The mass booting of people off TTP was ridiculous. Another step towards the reduction of study prayer and meditation and increasing emphasis on fundraising. The students were told to work in cafes/bed and breakfasts/hotels instead of reading and discussing Dharma. Consider at your centre how long people used to be resident there 15 years ago compared to the speed at which they move out now. My own local centre 20 years ago people used to write to Geshe Kelsang before moving out. the atmosphere was incredibly positive. Now 50% of the people who move in have left within 12 months. 20 years ago negativity towards the administrators was incredibly rare. Now even the devoted people struggle to accept the administrative front. Those same people who were in the incredibly positive communities 20 years ago cant believe what they are seeing nowadays. The degeneration of atmosphere is unbelieveable. Everyone is suppressing negative feelings. NOONE WAS DOING THAT 20 YEARS AGO. IT HAS CHANGED!!!!!!

All the decisions about the centres are now made by someone at the end of a telephone at Manjushri. Not a Buddha but a human being. This human being cannot see what is happening at a community. How can you make an important decision about a place without even going there and looking at what is happening. The whole point is that the people at the centres know what is best for the centre not someone 100s of miles away just hearing a brief summary on a telephone.

Anyway if you are still in the NKT sitting around waiting for the centres to get smaller and smaller and then close, there is a platofrm where you can speak up about how you feel [removingallobstaclestoflourishingnkt.blogspot.co.uk] I hope you will join us

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.