Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 30, 2010 07:12PM

Like Styxx, I too remain concerned about the fate of the other dozen or so.

I would love to hear from any of them, maybe on the JC Forum, where they have had recent comfort, but that is no longer available to them, given Dave's ineptitude at running a forum. So either here (probably most easy for registration) or maybe they might like to make a touch posting on the XJC Forum, (registration may be slow, given Nick's other work commitments) even if only to let us know they are ok?

If you register here, your details are secret, unless you give them away to someone who sends a PM to you.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 07:22PM by Blackhat.

Date: November 30, 2010 07:25PM

Well....okay..I relent! ...forget leniency, if he's still actively recruiting....however the very awkward and obviously "staged" reply to Alex, has more "information" in it, than the pages and pages of drivel he is devoting to Sisi....nothing more than a "diversionary activity" IMO....anything to avoid discussion of his mysterious isolation.....with "Denise" as a ruse...to give him an "issue" that he is comfortable ranting over in public......

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Have the Jesus Christians regrouped? 28/11/2010 01:05

Hi guys. I logged onto the forum over a week ago and saw the forum topics had been locked. I then found out the Jesus Christians had disbanded. Have the Jesus Christians now regrouped as I can see the forum is back in use?

- Alex

Have the Jesus Christians regrouped? 30/11/2010 07:58

Hi Alex, Sorry for the confusion. Many of us are learning new lessons and branching out in different ways on our own. My main interest is this forum. But even here, I am not sure what direction I should take.

It's a good lesson to all of us to stay open to what God may be telling us each to do, and then do it with all your heart.

How about you? What is God telling you to do?

- Dave

Yes, Dave's "main interest" as he has stated, is certainly going to be the "mouth-piece" (in whatever shape that takes).....as he only lives for the attention he garners. Everyone else bar Dave, though, is strangely absent, out "learning new lessons" while they busily "branch out"...."Dave-speak" for they are engaged in a ministry of their choosing, where he is conspicuously absent....

Would you be able to provide some more details
on precisely what God has told your erstwhile disciples to do, Dave
and why you have been excluded?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 30, 2010 07:41PM

Dave has said:

Quote:
Yes, i think that Denise went too far on that one. A person does not need to be either an alcoholic or a drug abuser to do and say stupid things, or to use foul language, something I have witnessed you doing on a number of occasions. Unless she has evidence to prove otherwise, I would like to see Denise apologise for calling you an alcoholic and a drug-abuser.

In return, maybe you can apologise for your hateful and threatening gutter language, e.g.

Quote:
Silly old bitch. Don't f*ck with me on legal matters, Denise, because you WILL lose.

And who set you up as an arbitrator, Dave? Seems you are stepping a little above yourself, considering you are the head of the FORUM OF NOBODY!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 07:43PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 30, 2010 08:41PM

Blackhat
Hey Zeus,

I know what it's like to get a song stuck in your head, and Talking Heads are one of my all-time fave bands.

However, I don't think it's helpful right now to be posting the lyrics to "Psycho Killer", you know?

People might have trouble working out what you mean, and I think you mean the "Run run run, run run away"....but others might read into it that either you are suggesting that Dave is one, (which he is not) or you yourself are one? Get what I mean?

Just trying to be helpful here....

You could have sent me a PM.

Don't take this personally, Blackhat, but if I wanted somebody always making suggestions to me about what to and what not to post (like my use of the word "consort" or posting lyrics to this song) then I'd join Dave's forum or Dave's son's forum.

I pretty much express myself how I please and do not worry about how others might interpret (or misinterpret) my words. DM is a psycho serial predator and is now on the run run run. It's just a song. Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar.

We'll see if I get a newsletter this week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 08:44PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 30, 2010 09:48PM

zeuszor
Blackhat
Hey Zeus,

I know what it's like to get a song stuck in your head, and Talking Heads are one of my all-time fave bands.

However, I don't think it's helpful right now to be posting the lyrics to "Psycho Killer", you know?

People might have trouble working out what you mean, and I think you mean the "Run run run, run run away"....but others might read into it that either you are suggesting that Dave is one, (which he is not) or you yourself are one? Get what I mean?

Just trying to be helpful here....

You could have sent me a PM.

Don't take this personally, Blackhat, but if I wanted somebody always making suggestions to me about what to and what not to post (like my use of the word "consort" or posting lyrics to this song) then I'd join Dave's forum or Dave's son's forum.

I pretty much express myself how I please and do not worry about how others might interpret (or misinterpret) my words. DM is a psycho serial predator and is now on the run run run. It's just a song. Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar.

We'll see if I get a newsletter this week.

It's just that I hate it when somebody tells me what to or what not to say (or write, as the case may be). To me, that's the same as being told what to think.

I reserve the right to express myself however I wish, (within the limits of the rules of this forum, of course).

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: December 01, 2010 12:20AM

Zeuszor, I think that many people who have left different groups feel very strongly about being told what to think. I can understand that.
Of course the reality is, the space between your ears is yours alone; even in situations of extreme cruelty where people may be forced conform( thinking for example prisoners of war in torture type situations) no one can actually take away your right to think whatever you want.
And once you have been through situations of mental coercion, you are much more protected against that kind of thing happening again.
In this situation though, Blackhat is also allowed free expression.If it applies to you, it must also, to be fair apply to her. You post publicly; there is no reason she is not also allowed to do so.
You recently made an appeal for others to stop posting about a certain topic, pointing out that your life is not a soap opera.
And many have not posted about it at all. But sometimes it would be nice if you were willing to at least consider similar feedback. No one is asking you to stop posting factual stuff. But in this case, you may not realize that posting songs about " psycho killers" when there are many JCs people would like to hear from or feel concerned about could be considered deeply hurtful or even cruel. Not a personal attack ,just information on how a post could be perceived. And as you say, you can post whatever you wish.

And DaveJc or other JCs, if you are reading this, it would be a kindness if you would be willing to verify that the JCs that no one has heard from publicly are indeed happy and safe in their new situation. ( No, I am not suggesting that anything bad has happened to them because of the group breaking up, but people living on the street or in war torn countries, can sometimes be in less than great situations..) am just hoping everyone is okay.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 12:39AM by yasmin.

Date: December 01, 2010 12:53AM

Points taken, yasmin. Thank you.

Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-là
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir-là
Réalisant mon espoir
Je me lance vers la gloire ... okay
YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite

Posted by: bigpigweed ()
Date: December 01, 2010 02:55AM

To bigpigweed:

Please reread rules of the forum. Personal attacks on other board members is forbidden.

The purpose of this message board is not to promote a specific religious and/or political viewpoint. Don't use it to preach or proselytize.

Vitriolic posts that personally attack people, will not be tolerated

Forum Rules

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 05:54AM by corboy.

Date: December 01, 2010 03:32AM

yasmin
Zeuszor, I think that many people who have left different groups feel very strongly about being told what to think. I can understand that.
Of course the reality is, the space between your ears is yours alone; even in situations of extreme cruelty where people may be forced conform( thinking for example prisoners of war in torture type situations) no one can actually take away your right to think whatever you want.
And once you have been through situations of mental coercion, you are much more protected against that kind of thing happening again.
In this situation though, Blackhat is also allowed free expression.If it applies to you, it must also, to be fair apply to her. You post publicly; there is no reason she is not also allowed to do so.
You recently made an appeal for others to stop posting about a certain topic, pointing out that your life is not a soap opera.
And many have not posted about it at all. But sometimes it would be nice if you were willing to at least consider similar feedback. No one is asking you to stop posting factual stuff. But in this case, you may not realize that posting songs about " psycho killers" when there are many JCs people would like to hear from or feel concerned about could be considered deeply hurtful or even cruel. Not a personal attack ,just information on how a post could be perceived. And as you say, you can post whatever you wish.

And DaveJc or other JCs, if you are reading this, it would be a kindness if you would be willing to verify that the JCs that no one has heard from publicly are indeed happy and safe in their new situation. ( No, I am not suggesting that anything bad has happened to them because of the group breaking up, but people living on the street or in war torn countries, can sometimes be in less than great situations..) am just hoping everyone is okay.

Yasmin: you are nice. You have gotten through to me simply by treating me with respect.

It's just that I am very resentful about feeling like I've been scapegoated, turned on by the very people I was trying to help in the first place (and who had at the time asked me to help, by the way).

Does that make sense to you, Yasmin? I'm really not the horrid person that they make me out to be.

Let's be friends. I am tired of feeling this way and would like to PM you. Please clear your inbox a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 03:35AM by zeuszor.

Date: December 01, 2010 06:04AM

Perhaps...I'm simply being alarmist...if the former members have done no more than disassociate themselves from him....and say go off and run a communal "development" project of their own in Kenya...well, all the best to them. They will no doubt be as hostile as ever, for some time to come...however I suspect that without McKay misdirecting them, they would gradually "normalize".....

...I was only concerned as it was difficult to fathom how McKay could "lose contact" with his wife Cherry, daughter Christine, son-in-law Robin and long term (approx 40 years!) disciple Ross....who are all obviously refusing to even communicate with him....

The influx of "bogus identities" on the JC site, is a presume an "attack" of some nature on its' credibility...it appears to start from the early "200's" (hence there would be something like 150 of these now...!) and have become particularly prominent since the middle of November just passed....is there a connection with the "break up" of the JCs I wonder...

McKay clearly doesn't have a clue how to manage the site as the numbers of stated "registered users" are all over the place..."248"..."331"..."349"...and the display panel doesn't exceed page "9"....as capacity hasn't been "extended".....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.