Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 26, 2010 07:40AM

You, Blackhat, are obviously coming from a revenge mentality with this latest post.

[forum.culteducation.com]

No, I outed you because I caught you in a lie and thought that you were one of David's trolls.

If you had not lied to me in the first place, then none of that would have happened.

Now let's talk about the JCs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 07:41AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: aghast ()
Date: May 26, 2010 07:51AM

rrmoderator
This thread is not about Keven McKay.
This thread is about Dave McKay and his group. Cherry McKay in my opinion is a pitiful person, completely controlled by her husband. Watching her on British television, she came across as quite weak, servile and in complete submission to McKay. Keven McKay wants a relationship with his mother. Most people do want a relationship with their parents. Please stop judging and bashing Kevin McKay for this. What is happening to Joe Johnson is Dave McKay's doing and not his estranged son's responsibility. Let's try to employ some compassion and understanding here regarding the people hurt by Dave McKay, which includes his family.

KUDOS. I won't say anything myself off-topic, I'll just post a few quotes.

yasmin
Zeuszor,
As a second gen ex member myself ( different group) I don't have to rely on friends' reports of what it might be like. Mr Ross' descriptions of the challenges involved were from my point of view, very accurate and deeply moving. It is possible to care very deeply about parents, group members and people you love, and also to wish to prevent harm to others.. All the best, yasmin

zeuszor
Yasmin, meaning no disrespect, but I really do wish that you would leave your own baggage out of this forum.

zeuszor
Remember, I myself am an ex-member of an abusive group also (actually, more than one...DAYTOP helped to set me up for a lot of the things that I was involved in later on in life.) About three months before arriving at Trinity Foundation, I'd just done eleven months in Iraq, near the Green Zone. I have been in more therapy in the last couple of years than a lot of people would receive in ten, in an effort to even begin to recover from what they did to me. DAYTOP was the name of the abusive Synanon-type program that I was subjected to as a kid. It is essentially a "sobriety cult." Maybe it was my involvement in that group that made me sensitive to the dynamic that I saw at work there in the JCs apartment that day. Once bitten, twice shy as they say.

I need a clarification rrmoderator, is mentioning your own cult experience "BAGGAGE" or is it allowed on this forum without fear of being chastised?

May 25, 2010 07:48AM
rrmoderator
Keven McKay wants a relationship with his mother. Most people do want a relationship with their parents. Please stop judging and bashing Kevin McKay for this.
May 25, 2010 12:03PM
zeuszor
Kevin seems to think that I am every bit as unprincipled and evil as his father. He sits at his support group and bashes me, so I respond here. i cannot respond there. ... So I'll drop it between us if you will. Don't mention my name there, and I'll not mention yours here.

I need another clarification rrmoderator, can I bash people here (immediately after you say not to) if I dislike something posted somewhere else on the internet?

I'm only looking for a fair impartial treatment for ALL posters on this forum.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 26, 2010 08:40AM

aghast:

Post within the rules you agreed to or be banned from this message board.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 26, 2010 09:17AM

Aghast, like Blackhat, is obviously coming from a revenge mentality in this lastest post of his, too. He and David and Blackhat and the rest go to such pains to try and discredit me...but, in my mind, that would mean that I am often "on target", so to speak, IMO.

Look, I am not the "bad guy" here.

DAVID MCKAY IS THE BAD GUY HERE.

There's a term for people like David McKay, and the term is narcissistic predator, or psychopath.

Sorry if that's nasty to read, but it's still the truth, whether one likes it or not.

David McKay is one of the sickest and most destructive predators of youth that I've ever studied, IMO second only to one Feroze Golwalla in terms of his small following, sheer cruelty and conscience-free behavior.

Both IMO are monsters.

Fortunately, Baruch Ha Shem has been disbanded, and Golwalla has been stopped, is under virtual house arrest with no followers left; DM is on his way to being stopped, and the JCs are on their way out.

The blame for all of this, the focus of this discussion, should be squarely on David McKay, the predator of children and self-styled "Divine Authority."

Society's best interests are served by being alerted to the presence of, and protected from, David McKay and his cult.

David's own efforts have come back to haunt him. So don't blame me.

At least I did not sit idly by and let somebody else worry about it. At least I wasn't content to sit on the sidelines and let somebody else do all the work.

I'd rather be faulted for going too far and be accused of an having an excess of zeal, than be faulted for doing nothing.

I saw something that needed to be done, and I agreed to help do it.

And now they want to make it out like Brian is the bad guy, the loose cannon, the trouble maker, make me into some kind of scapegoat. That just infuriates me.

David McKay is a monster, he's a madman, he's a wolf in among the flock, and I'll never quit saying so.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 09:28AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: aghast ()
Date: May 26, 2010 02:58PM

????

Which rule did I breach? The one where I ask why someone is allowed to breach the rules continually and harass other posters?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 26, 2010 05:17PM

Aghast, like Blackhat, is obviously coming from a revenge mentality in this lastest post of his, too. He and David and Blackhat and the rest go to such pains to try and discredit me...but, in my mind, that would mean that I am often "on target", so to speak, IMO.

For a long time I have been reading Dave McKay write that anyone who disagrees with him on any point must be part of some conspiracy to discredit him. He says that when people oppose him, it proves that he is "on target", so to speak. That is one reason that we say that he is a narcissist who cannot tolerate any questioning of his statements or methods.

That is one of the reasons that people like myself regard him as a practitioner of cultic practices. This "all or nothing" mentality is what creates cults in the first place. Someone says that they have done more for the "cause" than anyone else, and that they are therefore beyond reproach.

A democratic and free way of doing things is to accept when you are out of line, and to allow peer analysis and questioning of your statements, rather than putting yourself above and beyond such critical analysis.

This forum is dedicated to opposing to cultic practices, and so I believe it is my duty to point out when I see someone doing likewise.

Date: May 26, 2010 07:16PM

agahast:

Last warning.

Move on and discuss the topic of this thread.

Date: May 26, 2010 07:17PM

Blackhat:

Your point is valid, but please focus on the topic of this thread.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 26, 2010 09:55PM

I have spent several years dedicated to the topic of this thread, but what are you doing about the validity of my point?

I have been searching your library for any information on a cult which has no followers. I would call it the ultimate narcissistic cult. It's where someone believes he can win a cause over evil, but has no followers.

Can someone be a cult on their own?

I would be grateful for any links to any information you have on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 10:07PM by Blackhat.

Date: May 26, 2010 10:53PM

Blackhat:

You are posting off topic.

If you want to discuss another topic other than Dave McKay, start another thread.

Do not post off topic here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.