Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 21, 2010 07:19AM

FOR THE RECORD:

SUSAN SMITH SUMMERS WAS NOT PRESENT WHEN HER LATE HUSBAND AND SON WERE KILLED BY A DRUNK DRIVER IN 1992. THIS OCCURRED IN THE UK; SHE WAS IN FRANCE AT THE TIME. HER LATE HUSBAND AND SON WERE INNOCENT PASSENGERS IN A CAR THAT WAS HIT BY A PERSON WHO WAS IMPAIRED BY ALCOHOL.

I SINCERELY AND HUMBLY APOLOGIZE TO THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE DECEASED PERSONS FOR ANY OTHER IMPLICATION THAT MAY HAVE BEEN MADE, BY MYSELF OR ANYBODY ELSE.

SUSAN SMITH SUMMERS HAS NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME THAT SHE HAD ANY INAPPROPRIATE RELATIONSHIP WITH A PRIEST.

I MISUNDERSTOOD, IN THE COURSE OF OUR CONVERSATIONS, THE NATURE OF THE HEALTHY AND CLOSE RELATIONSHIP SHE SHARES WITH HER PARISH PRIEST, WHICH IS 100% LACKING IN ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE.

I ALSO APOLOGIZE TO FATHER ROMEO FOR POSTING HIS NAME ON A PUBLIC FORUM AND VIA EMAILS.

SUSAN SMITH SUMMERS HAS NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME THAT SHE EVER ENGAGED IN ANY LESBIAN AFFAIRS WITH A WOMAN.

SUSAN SMITH SUMMERS HAS NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME THAT SHE EVER ENGAGED IN ANY ILLEGAL DRUG USE.

SUSAN SMITH SUMMERS HAS NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME THAT SHE HAS BEEN THE CAUSE OF ANY MARITAL DISCORD BETWEEN OTHERS.

SUSAN SMITH SUMMERS HAS, TO MY KNOWLEDGE, NEVER POSED FOR NUDE PHOTOGRAPHS, NOR HAS SHE EVER TOLD ME THAT SHE DID.

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY CONTACT OF ANY KIND WITH SUSAN'S HUSBAND, AND KNOW NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE MAN.

I ASSURE SUSAN SMITH SUMMERS I WILL CEASE AND DESIST ANY AND ALL COMMUNICATIONS OR PUBLIC DISCUSSIONS OF HER PERSONAL AND PRIVATE LIFE, AND I WILL ABIDE BY THE LEGAL ORDER DELIVERED MAY 20 2010.

Posted by: aghast ()
Date: May 21, 2010 02:30PM

zeuszor
Part of what I object to is you confronting me on a thread that is supposed to be about the Jesus Christians. By doing so, you have aligned actually yourself with the cultists.

What I confront you on is that you use this forum to accuse everyone who doesn't agree with you as being "aligned" with the cultists, and you respond by stating catagorically that I have aligned myself with the cultists because I confront you on this. DOH! I could go on and on about my pyschological education background to support how paronoid this statement sounds, but people aren't impressed by people who pat themselves on their own backs for being smarter than others, and then turning around and making an uninformed accusation like that. If you must reply, try to do so without putting down everyone who disagrees with you.
Is it possible to disagree with anything you do Brian without it being your proof that there is a hidden agenda or conspiracy to subvert your own personal thread here?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 21, 2010 05:15PM

RR = warfare, hand grenades, heavy artillery (Mal, me)

XJCS = grannies, young women, traumatized persons, ex-members

Have you ever seen "Night of the Hunter", where Lillian Gish as the Grannie wields the shotgun against the marauding predatory "Love/Hate" preacher played by Robert Mitcham?

Good to see something whimpering in the corner of the barn....good on you, "Grannie", for taking on all those "hand grenades and heavy artillery".....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 21, 2010 06:58PM

Here we go again.

The topic of this thread is Dave McKay and Jesus Christians.

Please stay on topic.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 21, 2010 07:51PM

Of course. But you know and I know that it has been a long time coming....

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 22, 2010 06:42AM

OK.

This thread is not about Ms. Summers or Brian.

Please focus posts on Dave McKay and his "Jesus Christians," which is the stated topic.

Date: May 22, 2010 10:28AM

A valedictory from David...(?).. earlier this month, titled if I think I remember correctly

"MINE....whoops I mean ..oh...thine is the Kingdom,, the Power and the Gory Amen"

Could David be subliminally preparing the "write up" for his tombstone here? [www.jesuschristians.com]

David of course does NOT feel a whit of remorse where he does not alter his predatory behaviour

(e.g. Poisoning the minds of those in his servitude against family and friends in order to persuade them to agree to him isolating them, in a nightmare of humiliation and powerlessnes, where those who question David are taught to beleive that they are compromising their "faith) or where he continues to refuse to reimburse those who "forsook all" (should they somehow manage to depart his clutches), hence David gaining through fraud and false pretences, tens of thousands of dollars of "donated" income for his empire, years of unpaid labour from those who he would toss aside, in a second it they "crossed him" and kidneys to sell for self publicity, of the Kingdom of "David's newsboys" selling the trash he writes and that he could never get anyone to publish....etc etc)

Hence what we actually have here is little Davids' effort to "prove" that he is "sincerely" aware of all his faults and how he is (ever so publically) throwing himself before the "mercy seat" of Jesus, in all his (manafactured) piety.

David is here trying to persuade himself that he is ultimatlely just a "humble" and "repentful sinner"

(Oh yeah???) God, save me the "crocodile tears" p-l-e-a-s-e....!!

(having already organized the removal of anyone who has dared to hint as much to you,

while spending countless years faithfully (and mistakenly!) "selling" your empire)

however I must say that I do find I have a penchant for the closing thoughts...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever. Amen."

It may be significant that I have waited until my "retirement" from leading the Jesus Christians to get what I feel is a fuller revelation of what those final few words of the Lord's Prayer are all about. But it seems more than retirement that has led me to a deeper appreciation of these words during this past week.

I was going through a period of self-reflection, in which I saw myself as I really am, which is not very nice. I'm not talking about self-pity or condemnation, but just a realisation of the many areas of spiritual weakness in my life, not least of which was to see that I have so often thought that *I* was the one steering our community toward the truth when I was as much a part of our problems as anyone else. I won't go into a depressing description of the problems I have with pride, laziness, selfishness, and greed, just to name a few. But the end result was to look with despair at all that I have spent my life building and to think that we are all just so much hopelessness in our own efforts.
I thought about how Solomon had said that one can spend their whole life trying to build a kingdom, only to have it all be lost soon after they die. "All is vanity," he concluded. In my case, I could see how it does not even need to wait until after I am dead and gone, for I myself could be the source of derailment. It truly is a miracle that we have been able to achieve as much as we have so far for the kingdom of heaven, considering what God has to work with.

But ultimately, our organisation, i.e. the Jesus Christians, is going to fall flat spiritually. It'll happen... one way or the other. Yet all is not vanity, as Solomon said. Not when we recognise a greater kingdom than the ones we ourselves are building. The real kingdom, the one that will never fall, but will, instead, reach out and conquer all the other kingdoms of the world, is the one that belongs to our Father. Out of the ashes of our kingdoms, out of the ashes of our weaknesses, and out of the ashes of our humiliations will come his kingdom, his power, and his glory, and they will live on, forever and ever.

So be it.

Yes! The "JesusChrsitians" are "going to fall flat...

Yes! Out of your humiliation of your cult,

many others will be made aware

of the dangers of self important narcissism,

Yes So be it......oh, we ferverently pray to Almighty God!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2010 10:33AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: cait ()
Date: May 23, 2010 07:38AM

zeuszor
Cait is trying to be Kevin's substitute mom, and a substitute grandmother to his kids. This is why she is here to do damage control.
Zeuszor,
you are (probably unconsciously) using Dave's line from the jcs X-Site Boycott thread, and extending his jibe to apply to me :
Dave
Something I left out were taunts from Nick about the fact that he is able to freely visit our grandchildren and that he knows them intimately, while Cherry and I have to grovel for the slightest opportunity to see them. That was the most hurtful thing he said. But it is precisely BECAUSE of his intimate relationship with Kevin that we are so cautious about going there now, and, of course, Kevin is never going to come our way.
Dave uses wedge politics tactics to publicly justify his suspension of further contact with Kevin his family. Have no doubt - Cherry is as much a victim as anyone else who has chosen to submit their lives to Dave's control.

These accusations are designed to protect the divisions already made long ago, for fear of having to accept that it might have been the wrong thing to do. Please don't support him in this. Nick and I hold Kevin and his family, and other xJCs with whom we have contact, in very high esteem. We have a great deal of respect and admiration for them and all they have achieved outside of the community, There is empathy, and there is fellowship, but there is no room for substitution in any of our relationships.

I might add that we are also very proud of our own children and their achievements. In fact, parental substitution is what Dave and Cherry seem to have provided very effectively to their recruits over the years.

Date: May 23, 2010 09:41AM

Other ex-members are naturally welcome to post their opinions here....

....as a former "child" of "substitute father" David McKay, having now an adult perspective on the experience, an dnow being a parent myself,

I consider David McKay an UTTERLY unsatisfactory "substitute" parent...

Here I consider examples, such as the occasion I was required to phone my natural mother and threaten her that if she continued to speak openly to the media about her reservations, that I would refuse to ever speak with her again (emotional balckmail....David standing over me at the time to enure I delivered this message with appropriate "vindictiveness')

OR

David requiring me to literally bark like a dog on demand, in order to satisfactorily demonstrate to him how prepared I was to humiliate myslef on demand (he was reasssuring himself that I was sufficiently "under his thumb"

OR

The years I spent at the bottom of the pecking order in the JC's forever subject to "grievance proceedings" at David's whim when he felt like "kicking the family dog" (I having been lead to believe that leaving the JesusChristians meant "betraying" the faith and "backsliding" into hell)

Not to mention, among other "minor" things

The unpaid years I wasted "selling" membership into David's empire.
the Social Security Benefits I illegally obtained (which which were duly deposited into accounts in David and Cherry McKays) name,
how I was taught to loathe and despise those of other Christian persuasions (who were obviously not sincere in their faith or they would otherwise have become "part" of the JesusChristians)
how (I was attemptedly taught) "loyalty to David" is the yardstick of the Christ revealed in Scripture

I am of the view that David is a predator of young people, whose servitude feed his demented need to feel "important" and "Godly"....in a little religious empire of his own making!

You are of course Cait, always free to encourage the return your children to the loving embrace of McKay....I welcome you to do so, if you feel so encouraged by the mans "devotion" to his charges....

....if you though choose not to, would you mind further explaining why you would then tell others that David and Cherry's "substitute parenting" is as "effective" as you state.....

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 23, 2010 11:40AM

cait
In fact, parental substitution is what Dave and Cherry seem to have provided very effectively to their recruits over the years.

"Parental substitution"? I cannot believe what I am reading. That, ma'am, is simply one of the most Pollyanna things that I have ever read, and sounds a whole lot like the type of statement that a McKay apologist might make.

Are you saying that you do not believe that DM is a man that the public ought to be warned about, and that the JCs are not a group of which the public ought to be made aware and warned about as well?

Do you believe that the JCs are a destructive cult, Cait? Just yes or no, please.

cait
Have no doubt - Cherry is as much a victim as anyone else who has chosen to submit their lives to Dave's control.

This is logically contradictory. How could anybody be the victim of David McKay, if they CHOOSE to stay with him? In this instance, such an individual would actually be the "victim" of their own bad decisions, and therefore could not fairly lay the blame for their state on DM or anybody else. No, I still say that somewhere along the line Cherry decided to stay with DM and the group, and she is every bit as complicit as her husband. Or else, she is at this point, after 45-odd years of marriage, every bit as sick and twisted as her husband. Either way, this is not a couple who I would want for my kid to be involved with, and would never recommend them or their cult to anybody.

malcolm wesley wrest
David requiring me to literally bark like a dog on demand, in order to satisfactorily demonstrate to him how prepared I was to humiliate myslef on demand (he was reasssuring himself that I was sufficiently "under his thumb"

That's horrbile, but interesting to me Mal. I myself had an uncannily similar experience as a teenager. I was made by my parents to go to this abusive B-mod program that was a second-generation Synanon clone. The place is still open to this day. It is a CEDU-type program where one of the "counsleors" was a $cientologist. I was subjected for a couple of years to heavily confrontational attack therapy, have sat through God knows how many encounter groups and "haircuts," and was once made (as part of a "learning experience") to wear a sign around my neck that read "Ask me to bark like a dog." All day long people would do just that, and I'd do so. Don't you think that stuff gave me issues? Maybe what I have been doing lately is unconsciously using this forum as a kind of encounter group in which I have been radiating my feelings. Hammer/nail. God, I have to get a handle on that...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 12:02PM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.