Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: muppet ()
Date: November 04, 2006 08:32AM

Dave McKay

Six years later, I can only guess what was said, if, indeed, I ever spoke to that reporter at all. I just know what the facts were. *I* did not have the boy (because I was in Australia at the time), and I did not KNOW where he was in England, and (for obvious reasons) did not WANT to know.

Why did you not want to know? Were you not concerned that tax payers money was being wasted for such an extensive nationwide search?
Was it a responsibility thing, sort of washing oyur hands of the affair?[/color:dc93f8f930]

However, the biggest error in the story is not the misquotes attributed to me, but the claim that the court made Bobby's grandmother his legal guardian, whereas what it actually did was to take guardianship AWAY FROM his grandmother. She had signed papers giving consent to Bobby going with us on an outreach to Germany... papers which she could only sign because she WAS his legal guardian before the UK counterpart of Rick Ross came along (cult-buster Graham Baldwin) and told her that she needed to accuse us of kidnapping him (and not let on to Bobby or us, either one, that it was what she was planning to do or even that she wanted him to come home) and then secretly sign papers giving the courts the right to lock him up when they caught up with him.

Giving the courts the right to lock him up? Absolute nonsense!
Why the continual demonisation of parents / guardians? and of course cult busters (AAAGGGGHHHH!!! ) DM teaches and promotes an irrational fear of 'cult busters' within the group.
[/color:dc93f8f930]

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: November 04, 2006 08:56AM

There's some interesting posts on the JC's own forum. Notice the pattern here with Fred's thread where it get's too difficult even for all the JC's together to properly deal with him, so they resort to a childish insult and stop responding. They start out by demanding responses then ignore him when they don't like the responses. They can't handle too much truth, don't you think?

[welikejesus.com]

Posted by: snuggles ()
Date: November 04, 2006 09:07AM

Why won't David John Mckay apologise?

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: November 04, 2006 09:31AM

snuggles
Why won't David John Mckay apologise?

Considering he attended the Quakers Evening on Christian peacemaking, it is a mystery!

[forum.quakers.org.au]

Date: November 04, 2006 09:34AM

cultmalleus
There's some interesting posts on the JC's own forum. Notice the pattern here with Fred's thread where it get's too difficult even for all the JC's together to properly deal with him, so they resort to a childish insult and stop responding. They start out by demanding responses then ignore him when they don't like the responses. They can't handle too much truth, don't you think?

[welikejesus.com]

Who is Fred? Cant access the link.

Posted by: a mother ()
Date: November 04, 2006 09:48AM

I hope you can overcome your prejudices of my pseudonym. I know that ‘mother’ has negative connotations in the community. However, I choose to represent myself this way because that is what I am – a female and a mother. I am also an ex-member and have recently discovered these posts. I am disappointed by the childishness of some of the comments from both sides, really.

The reasons I left the community were simple- I saw with my own eyes the poor way that women and children were treated in the community.

* The lifestyle meant that women did the lion-share of the menial work. Women were expected to do the washing, cleaning, shopping, and cooking for up to twenty men, on top of home-schooling and maintaining leaflet distribution quotas.
* Children needed to be quiet for extended periods of time. If they made too much noise in meetings they were smacked forcefully and repeatedly.
* Parents were forced by Dave to discipline their children (if for example Dave thought the one to three year old was talking or laughing too much).
* Children were made to eat the cheaper food items while Dave asked for the nicer cuts of meat on his sandwiches (Kids growing bodies need the better nutrition)
* I saw Dave’s example of a very unhappy marriage. I don’t need to go into detail here Dave, but let’s say force and domination is not a way to show love. To Cherry my heart bleeds for you – there are counselors and people who could help you overcome your emotional pain-it’s never too late.
* Women and children were often put in their place through verbal insults. Some women in the group have been made too feel too dumb, mentally unstable or weak.

On a whole I think the Jesus Christians is a small group of people who need one another. I know that a lot of people have come from abusive backgrounds. I learned that my reason for joining was the same. However I wish you could see that Dave continues the abusive pattern in your life. He was abused as a child, he abuses you. He mostly abuses women and children, but also weak males like Ross, Martin and Roland.

As a concerned mother my heart is full of grief at the lives you’ve lost. You replaced the abuse and neglect from your childhoods to abuse from Dave. Deep down you know I’m right.

Guys, there is a loving God free from abuse and put-downs, manipulation and control. A loving God who doesn’t need your works to love you. A God that is happy if you walk hand in hand with your children, a God happy for you to have two kidneys and a penis that fires fertile bullets. A loving God who doesn’t need you to whip others for him to believe you love him. Truly.

God loves you…
Jesus was a pacifist…
Let the children come to him…

I have also posted this on the www.welikejesus.com forum

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: November 04, 2006 09:50AM

matilda

go to www.welikejesus.com

go to "questions about our teachings and beliefs"

go to "question that plagues me"

Date: November 04, 2006 10:28AM

Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: November 04, 2006 02:47PM

a mother
Guys, there is a loving God free from abuse and put-downs, manipulation and control. A loving God who doesn’t need your works to love you. A God that is happy if you walk hand in hand with your children, a God happy for you to have two kidneys and a penis that fires fertile bullets. A loving God who doesn’t need you to whip others for him to believe you love him. Truly.

That just gets to the heart of things. Thanks Concerned Mother

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: November 04, 2006 03:15PM

a mother
I hope you can overcome your prejudices of my pseudonym. I know that ‘mother’ has negative connotations in the community. However, I choose to represent myself this way because that is what I am – a female and a mother. I am also an ex-member and have recently discovered these posts. I am disappointed by the childishness of some of the comments from both sides, really.

The reasons I left the community were simple- I saw with my own eyes the poor way that women and children were treated in the community.

* The lifestyle meant that women did the lion-share of the menial work. Women were expected to do the washing, cleaning, shopping, and cooking for up to twenty men, on top of home-schooling and maintaining leaflet distribution quotas.
* Children needed to be quiet for extended periods of time. If they made too much noise in meetings they were smacked forcefully and repeatedly.
* Parents were forced by Dave to discipline their children (if for example Dave thought the one to three year old was talking or laughing too much).
* Children were made to eat the cheaper food items while Dave asked for the nicer cuts of meat on his sandwiches (Kids growing bodies need the better nutrition)
* I saw Dave’s example of a very unhappy marriage. I don’t need to go into detail here Dave, but let’s say force and domination is not a way to show love. To Cherry my heart bleeds for you – there are counselors and people who could help you overcome your emotional pain-it’s never too late.
* Women and children were often put in their place through verbal insults. Some women in the group have been made too feel too dumb, mentally unstable or weak.

On a whole I think the Jesus Christians is a small group of people who need one another. I know that a lot of people have come from abusive backgrounds. I learned that my reason for joining was the same. However I wish you could see that Dave continues the abusive pattern in your life. He was abused as a child, he abuses you. He mostly abuses women and children, but also weak males like Ross, Martin and Roland.

As a concerned mother my heart is full of grief at the lives you’ve lost. You replaced the abuse and neglect from your childhoods to abuse from Dave. Deep down you know I’m right.

God loves you…
Jesus was a pacifist…
Let the children come to him…

I have also posted this on the www.welikejesus.com forum

I agree with what you say here concerned mother. The community was not designed for families. Children were considered liabilities within the Jesus Christians. Their apocalyptic world view causes this to be.

I am happy for you that you are out now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.