Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:09AM

I understand and acknowledge your point, sir. There is no need for us to be at odds with one another. There is room for both of us here.

And can somebody please get Tofferer a bib before he gets DM's "anointing oil" all over his clothes? And some knee pads too?

Date: March 05, 2008 11:18AM

I again support your intent here Apostate, although, while I will endeavour to pull back from calling David (himself at least) "names", (he wrote honestly when he said that "insulting for the sake of insulting" was hardly productive....I should acknowledge the priniciple here)

Where we do no more than state a fact (David "persuaded" Ash to blackmail his parents into silence by cutting communication with them, as David also did in my instance):

we are opportunistically accused of "insulting" the JesusChristians:

Hence there is no genuine "response" to endeavours on this Forum not to engage in "insults",.....(any statement that threatens the dishonesty that sustains him is an "insult"!

Moreover its an endeavour to simply manipulate us into acquiesence.....David will deign to "communicate" with us, if we agree to only say what we likes to hear....)

thus even where I may disagree with Zeusors "style" the substance is no different from my own (...... while I agree that I too may make unsatisfactory postings in your eyes... something I would prefer to avoid doing if possible)

Tofferer and the other "hangers-on" are just in it for voyeurism (...the "exictement" of going along for the ride)....hence I have no obligation, before God, in relation to them.

Date: March 06, 2008 01:33AM

JESUS CHRISTIANS NEWSLETTER #98, MARCH 2008

Peace in Kenya, great media coverage in the U.K., kidney donations happening elsewhere, "Listening" now available in the U.S., and tens of thousands of books going out all over the world. It seems like nothing but good news to report this month.

PEACE IN KENYA

A meeting between President Mwai Kibaki and Raila Odinga, the leader of the opposition, has led to the agreement to create a Prime Minister post for Odinga so that the two can share power. This news was received with celebrations throughout the country, but it will need strong commitment on behalf of the political leaders and the rest of the country for it to work in overcoming the damage that has been done as a result of recent violence.

Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) workshops commenced full-time at our volunteer centre this month. Scores of people from around the area participated in the workshops, many of whom also stayed overnight at the centre. Many other workshops are planned for this coming month and we hope to include participants from other areas as well.

The peace t-shirts have been a huge success both in the thousands of people who have purchased them and in the effectiveness of the message. The t-shirts, which display the simple messages of 'Amani Kenya' (Peace in Kenya) on the front and 'Mpende Jirani' (Love your neighbour) on the back (along with a picture of a handshake), continually bring reactions when worn in town. Queues of people have lined up at Takatifu Gardens on market days waiting for their chance to get hold of the peace shirts. Although the political leaders have now reached an agreement to share power, we believe this message of peace still needs to be shared in Kenya.

Rob, Chris and Fran have been preaching at Quaker churches each Sunday, delivering a much needed message of peace, reconciliation and non-violence. The sermons have been warmly received and have sparked keen interest in both the t-shirts and the AVP workshops.

Boop arrived from India this month just in time for the peace agreement. We are encouraged to have him with us.

EASY ENGLISH

Casey and Giddy have been helping with a nursery school in a remote location, while they wait forword that it is safe for Giddy to return to Takatifu Gardens.

Meanwhile, Boni and Andrew are getting out thousands of Easy English books every week in Nairobi

schools, where they are being warmly received.

KIDNEY DONATIONS

We have had some success in locating hospitals who will accept kidney donations from the dreaded Jesus Christians.

By the time you receive this newsletter, Ezra will have almost certainly donated a kidney to a woman from Albania at the Boston Medical Centre. A television station in Florida is covering the donation, as is a prize-winning documentary producer, whose work could be a year or more in production.

Meanwhile, in another country, a second donation is scheduled for later this month, and that too is receiving international media coverage.

Two other Jesus Christians have started testing to donate to other potential recipients, both in the U.S.

"LISTENING"

Copies of Dave's latest novel, "Listening", have now arrived in three different continents: Australia, England, and America. The U.S. was the latest country to take delivery of a container load of the books. We printed almost 200,000 copies in the first print run, and they are now going out at a rate of about 8,000 copies a week, and we have already started plans for an even bigger reprint later this year. In the past three months we have distributed almost 100,000 books.

In Australia, Barry in particular has been experiencing great success in getting "Listening" out in the universities, where up to 150 people a day are taking a copy from him.

MEDIA

In addition to the media coverage that is being generated by all the up-coming kidney donations, there has been a lot of interest in freegan issues, following on from the Wife Swap Show. You can see the show if you missed it by following this link to part one.
(Parts 2-4 are also available elsewhere on that page.)

[media.putfile.com]

Paul and Ulrike did their first media interview, for Reveal Magazine, which came out this week. Alf, Rols, and Sue were interviewed for a major British newspaper, and the feature should be appearing shortly.

Rols and Sue were interviewed on Green TV, and you can see that by going to this link:

[www.green.tv]

Date: March 06, 2008 07:49AM

Ezra's Kidney

[welikejesus.com]

David:

News is that the surgery was a success, that Ezra's recipient has already produced over a litre of urine through his kidney, and they are both just coming out from under the effects of the anaesthetic. Jeremy is there with Ezra, and will be hanging around through the night. (The motorhome is parked in the hospital parking lot.)

Date: March 06, 2008 07:08PM

Well thats good news!

Every critic of David McKay has always expressed approval over the fact of Kidney Donations.....well done Ezra! The only point of disapproval is where David McKay does this to buy publicity for himself......just as has just happened with the prostitution of Ezra's generosity!

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: March 07, 2008 04:56AM

I do not approve of them donating kidneys because of concerns about the peer pressure to do so that exists within their group. How many is that now? Whatever the number it is disproportionate given the size of the group.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: March 07, 2008 09:12AM

Up until November 2007 there were at least 18 publicised donations that could be easily identified as coming from the so called, Jesus Christians, membership.

There was one unsuccesful donation that followed. This recent donation brings the number to 19, unless there are others that haven't received as much publicity.

Given the membership has apparently dropped to 25, which includes the loss of definetely one and possibly two, donors. The potential donation pool is rapidly diminishing.

It has been alleged that Cherry McKay is hanging on to her kidney and so apparently is Christine Dunn .

There will probably be a few more members offloading theirs fairly soon, possibly more to stick it to their parents, rather than anything else.

So given the membership hasn't increased substantially over the years, this whole sorry mess will be over fairly soon. But it begs the question.
What next?

Unless of course, Dave starts calling on non members like, Zoe Briggs, Alan Richard, Christopher Rose, Kirstie and Darrell Lock and Al Antony Moody to show, just how much they really support the Jesus Christians.

Date: March 07, 2008 03:27PM

Casey writes: [welikejesus.com]
"I just visited the "controversies" thread and think I finally figured out what Anita was so worked up about; there just isn't enough controversy! I mean, just about everything on that thread is soooooo oooooold. I couldn't believe.

What's wroooooong with us?"

Would you like a list, Casey? ... because it would begin with the fact that Dave bans anyone who brings up a controversy that he doesn't have a pat answer for. I agree though, that your forum has become soooooo oooooold, now that it only has people who tow the party line posting and your Anointed Apostle admits he has not gained any significant wisdom since he was around thirty, which was around thirty years ago. Seems like its time for some new wine and new wineskins who can can welcome a new truth entering your stale bubble.

Date: March 07, 2008 03:32PM

David mocks his critics:

[welikejesus.com]

Well, I think (at least hope) that it is all running out of steam. Anita has gone quiet, and even David Lowe seems to have put away his tools. It's just Malcolm, Craig, and Brian rambling on over there!

Your supreme arrogance and grandiose delusions will be your undoing in the end, David.

I, for one, am not giving up.

The more you tighten your grip on those kids, McKay, the more new, potential recruits will slip through your fingers.

Date: March 07, 2008 03:54PM

Dave, while playing the victim card, said:
I have had a fairly stressful day today, trying to comfort Cherry because of stuff that she has had to put up with from the Quakers over the past year. What they have done to her is pretty near unforgiveable, and still some of them have the audacity to say that they like her; it's just her husband they can't stand. Yeah, sure, like they like Ash and Ross and Barry, and Rob and Chris, but they just have to ostracise all of them, because they can't find a way to make me hurt any more than by doing that.

Your actions bring consequences Dave. If you do not like the consequences your actions bring, change them and try working in with someone else. It is called negotiation, compromise, humility, or just being part of a team.

There is even a move to have certain people barred from working with children on the grounds of "religious abuse", something they seem to have invented specifically for Cherry, so that she does not even dare to apply for official permission to work with the children, even though she has been doing it for years, because that gives them the chance to run another arrow through her heart.

Speaking of running an "arrow through her heart"... are you going to pull out the arrow that YOU thrust through her heart by forbidding her to see her OWN children and grandchildren? Don't you think it a tad curious that she cannot fulfill a grandmother role because of you, and now it looks as though her access to other children is being affected... also because of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2008 03:55PM by apostate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.