Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 12, 2011 12:20AM

Apollo
zeuszor
http://jcs.xjcs.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=548&start=10

Apollo
''Apostle'' David John McKay appears to believe he is above the law. Another example of this is the whippings which have been carried out on two separate continents.

That's THREE separate continents in which the JCs have held whippings. Kenya (Africa), Australia, and the United States (North America). That last time they did that was in Australia for the Falun Gong. Do you know about the Falun Gong whippings, Apollo?

Thanks for reminding me zeuszor. I only recently learned of that.

You're welcome, friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 12:20AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 12, 2011 12:23AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Kevin and Apostate stormed off this site, due to their disgust with the likes of you and I, Zeuszor....how about campaigning to"donate" their ID's to Sisi sometime, in order that she can eventually post (yes OK..... she don't have to have "pre-approved" status..I understand...God knows what she'll do!)

She'd be easy to spot here, anyway. Her style is too distinctive. Don't even try it, don't even think about it...

Date: January 12, 2011 12:39AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
I know we disagree on this point, however, as desperately "wicked" as she may be.....Verity/Lady Jane/Agur/Styxx is doing most of the "heavy lifting" on the xjc site...(it is really difficult for me, to find the time here, due to child minding obligations)....although I of course, realize, that I must also acknowledge Apollo's ongoing fine efforts....

....there might not even BE an xjc site were it not for her....(it would as Stoic has pointed out simply be no more than a "colony" of the JC site)

People like her, while they may mean well, end up ruining the credibility of the boards with her multiple identities, false stories, etc. It becomes all about her, rather than McKay. Got no problem with using a screen name, got no problem with anonymity per se, but going on to tell lies and play games is not fair on other genuine posters like you and me.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:46AM

The "anonymous" who think themselves "blessedly" silent....in their "Godly purity"... ALSO ruin the credibility of boards...

"All that it takes for evil to triumph, is for the good to do nothing...."

(Thank you Mr Burke!)

Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: January 12, 2011 12:56AM

zeuszor
Well, I've thought it over a little, and it's like this: on the one hand, I do respect and understand most ex-JCs reluctance to come out publicly to testify of their experience with David and The McKay Family Business/Jesus Christians cult. It'd be analogous to a rape victim refusing to appear in court to face and accuse her attacker; it'd be a difficult experience (to say the very least) to try and relive and give an account of, traumatic all over again. So I respect and support that unwillingness, on the one hand.

On the other hand, however...well, I'll explain this way: there was a man named Charles Garry, a prominent civil-rights attorney, who was in the seventies one of the two lawyers for Jim Jones' People's Temple, the other being a man named Lane. All indications point to the FACT that Garry knew of Jim Jones' homicidal plans and in fact had to talk him out of holding a mass murder/suicide under different circumstances about a year before Senator Ryan's visit to Jonestown. He knew that Jim was holding them hostage. Charles Garry could have blown the whistle, so to speak, and stopped Jim Jones from instigating his own final solution. Marceline Jones too, for that matter, she knew full well that her husband was nuts, dangerous, and she could have acted to somehow to stop her husband from ordering what was to come. There's a lot of blood on Garry's hands. Marceline (like Cherry) I am not sure about, victim or participant? Garry was culpable to it and a participant in it, even while out the other side of his mouth he was telling the world that Jonestown was paradise, the SOB. In fact, he also was one of Jonestown's few survivors because he lied to some guards and got out of there. Why didn't Garry and Mrs. Jones do something to stop Jim? Why did so many men and women allow Jim Jones to have sex with them publicly, spank them publicly, torture children publicly? Why would they all allow those horrors to happen? Why would Garry and Mrs. Jones not say something to the authorities in order to prevent 914 people from dying? The answer is, basically, that they all had an interest in believing in Jim Jones. Forsaking the Temple would have meant sacrificing a lot of things, not the least of which was their respective livelihoods. See? They had too much to lose at that point, later on in Jonestown.

What I am saying is, if you know of some homicidal or suicidal ideations on David McKay's part, know of some hint of violence, coercion to the end of some physical suffering or extreme sacrifice ("laying down your life for your friends," etc.) know of DM ever alluding to or speaking of suicide, murder, violence, abuse, exploitation, whatever like that: for God's sake, other people's lives are at stake here, and if something really bad happens with or to the JCs....I'll put it like this: if you knew of a man who was going around the country infecting unsuspecting partners with HIV, and in fact you yourself had been infected by this individual, and you knew where he was, who he had been with etc., and you didn't speak out, then all of the subsequent infect-ees whose HIV-positive status you could have prevented by speaking out about the creep in the first place, well, I say that you have been irresponsible and their blood is partially on your hands. In other words, you'd have a moral imperative to speak up for the good of society.

Has McKay ever mentioned the possibility of killing or being killed/martyred in his writings and among his victims/members? Of course; his stuff is replete with allusions to death and violence.

You ex-JCs could have information or could be able to recount experiences that could save DM's future potential victims a lot of time and trouble, and possibly save lives in the long run. You have a moral imperative to do something if you can, otherwise the blood is on your hands too. You are a participant in DM's abuse whether you actually condone it or not.

Sorry if this post is a little rambling, it's only that I want to put a fine point on what I am trying to express, you see.

Everyone connected to this is a participant whether they realize it or not. Silence equals death. This is my opinion, frankly and with deepest respect.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:51AM

'Apparently there is some anger over the fact that this thread comes up near the top of the first page of Google search results, when searching "Jesus Christians Dave McKay."

The "x-JCs" page doesn't come up until the fourth page.'

Well that at least is heartening. Seekers of info on the 'Jesus Christians Dave McKay' will find the info on this thread long before they come across the xJC's.

I think that, as we have no control over how the xJC's choose to conduct their forum, perhaps we should leave them to it. They cannot be unaware of the risks of allowing Davejc free reign on their site. Quite a lot of things in life are only learned the hard way.

It is seductive to believe that all poor outcomes could be prevented if only some key person had spoken up at the appropriate time but that is as realistic as claiming to possess the qualities of 100% hindsight---before the event. I, for one, am not psychic and no longer beat myself up over poor outcomes where I gave it my best shot regardless. In reality, life is complex and none of us has that much power and control to be the saviour of others bent on a different course.

While I think every effort needs to be made to help those snared in cults I am also wary of taking on the 'rescuer' position--which has significant pitfalls of its own.
'Rescuer' in this context does not refer to a person giving timely aid for a specific problem or emergency, it is a recognised dysfunctional syndrome.

A good way of understanding the 'rescuer' dynamic is a model known as the 'Drama' or 'Victim' triangle.
The Drama triangle, a psychological and social model of human interaction in transactional analysis (TA) first described by Stephen Karpman, describes some of the pitfalls of attempting to 'rescue' someone who has no real desire to be rescued or any interest in rescuing themselves.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: January 12, 2011 05:17AM

From personal experience, I would never give such person as DM or his croneys an even break, regardless of their sad circumstances. That would only serve to invite more of their same venom and life is far too short to get caught up in that vicious circle. I do not feel sorry for DM under any circumstance; he won't respond in kind. The 'rescuer' syndrome is a vale of tears for the rescuer.

Well, at least it keeps him and his trolls talking, so that they keep making strange and potentially incriminating statements, and at least DM is too busy with taking over that forum as well, and so is not trying to recruit somebody else's kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 05:22AM by zeuszor.

Date: January 12, 2011 05:41AM

Stoic
'Apparently there is some anger over the fact that this thread comes up near the top of the first page of Google search results, when searching "Jesus Christians Dave McKay."

The "x-JCs" page doesn't come up until the fourth page.'

Well that at least is heartening. Seekers of info on the 'Jesus Christians Dave McKay' will find the info on this thread long before they come across the xJC's.

I think that, as we have no control over how the xJC's choose to conduct their forum, perhaps we should leave them to it. They cannot be unaware of the risks of allowing Davejc free reign on their site. Quite a lot of things in life are only learned the hard way.

It is seductive to believe that all poor outcomes could be prevented if only some key person had spoken up at the appropriate time but that is as realistic as claiming to possess the qualities of 100% hindsight---before the event. I, for one, am not psychic and no longer beat myself up over poor outcomes where I gave it my best shot regardless. In reality, life is complex and none of us has that much power and control to be the saviour of others bent on a different course.

While I think every effort needs to be made to help those snared in cults I am also wary of taking on the 'rescuer' position--which has significant pitfalls of its own.
'Rescuer' in this context does not refer to a person giving timely aid for a specific problem or emergency, it is a recognised dysfunctional syndrome.

A good way of understanding the 'rescuer' dynamic is a model known as the 'Drama' or 'Victim' triangle.
The Drama triangle, a psychological and social model of human interaction in transactional analysis (TA) first described by Stephen Karpman, describes some of the pitfalls of attempting to 'rescue' someone who has no real desire to be rescued or any interest in rescuing themselves.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Yeah, I'd been trying to warn Nick for months, but he's not hearing it. At least they keep him talking, and keep him busy.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:25PM

Sorry Zeuszor, but may I ask you for the reference on this forum for the comments Joe confidentially made to his friend about Reinehardt fabricating the extent of his injuries...

Will write directly to you be email about the other matters...

Date: January 12, 2011 12:27PM

Please remind me about that which of you write, Mal...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.