Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 08, 2011 05:42AM

As a bit of light relief, the harsh beauty of the pipes. That funeral music cheers me up, no end:

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 08, 2011 05:49AM

"Greed Breeds Mean Deeds."

Oh, that is a classic.
To be taken on board with full commitment by the members of course, and never, ever applied to the behaviour of the greediest SOB in the group, Davejc.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 08, 2011 06:49AM

Drive out the scoffer, and contention will go out, Even strife and dishonor will cease.

Proverbs 22:10 (NAS)

Date: January 08, 2011 07:39AM

"Your pride...STAMP on it"!

...was another favourite slogan of the man, at one point.....that even then seemed to me, to somehow evade application to McKay himself....

...and in fact meaning that any direction that you may consider for your own life,...NOT sanctioned by the community...was your own "pride" manifesting itself in "selfish whims"...that wickedly did little else than simply detract from the legitimate work of the " Christians"....

I, being frequently guilty of such wilfull independence of thought.....

Date: January 08, 2011 07:50AM

I missed this earlier when Zeuszor posted it, so am reposting--it is so Davejc in his current sweetly reasonable pose:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 07:53AM by Stoic.

Date: January 08, 2011 08:42AM

Back to the PTSD briefly, to flag up this book that is helpful to all looking to understand PTSD, not only combat veterans:

[www.amazon.com]

Taken from the comments and applicable to survivors of high demand groups also:

'In "Healing and Tragedy" (Chapter 11) Shay says that "Healing is done by survivors, not to survivors" and he is right. He also speaks of the healing power of narrative and says, "The ancient Greeks revered Homer, the singer of tales, as a doctor of the soul. In the Odyssey, Homer paints a (self-)portrait of the epic singer whose healing art is to tell the stories of Troy with the truth that causes the old soldier, Odysseus, to weep and weep again.'

and

'The book is applicable to those in civilian or business leadership roles, too: the psychology of the soldiers who felt betrayed by their leaders should be of interest to everyone who is a team leader. Even if you have not read the Iliad, you should not hesitate to dive into this book.'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 08:46AM by Stoic.

Date: January 08, 2011 11:38AM

Things are not going quite according to plan so Davejc is back on his own site to issue a quick warning to the newly graduated, autonomous 'cells' to reinforce his image of control and to direct the JC's to stay away from the xJC site:

[jesus-teachings.com]

'I am trying to be as positive and non-confrontational as possible on the X site at the moment, though there are a couple of "negatives" that I want to make clear from over here.

1. My participation there (and especially my failure to challenge untruths that I see over there) does not constitute admissions of guilt, nor does it divest me of my power to take legal action against the people responsible for libelous and defamatory statements. In other words, my presence there does not imply support for anything that the administrator is allowing to be posted there. I believe that, ultimately, he is legally accountable for all that goes up. If he chooses not to exercise limits on what people are allowed to say, then I feel that he is the one who must answer for what is being said. Enough on that?

2. My participation there should not be taken as encouragement for ANYONE else to post there. I have felt in the past, and continue to feel now, that there is little to be gained from anyone (in particular, JCs) appearing over there. Nevertheless, I am the primary target of the abuse, and if there is a way to demonstrate that I am not the monster I have been painted to be, I will do what I can to take advantage of that.'

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: January 08, 2011 02:37PM

I was cautious when Dave registered on the XJC Forum. I've just been watching. It was all really interesting [...] Then something happened which blew me out of the water.

Dave on his own forum seemed to me to try to "order" the "Graduates" not to go to the XJC Forum:

My participation there should not be taken as encouragement for ANYONE else to post there. I have felt in the past, and continue to feel now, that there is little to be gained from anyone (in particular, JCs) appearing over there.

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

The use of "ANYONE" in capital letters, and "(in particular, JCs)" looks awfully like an order to me. Maybe I am mis-interpreting Dave's language?

[...]

It took me about the time it took for Dave to post, at least as far as I'm concerned. I don't know about other posters on the X Forum; some of them may have other things to sort out with Dave which I don't have. Like, for example, he's not my Father, or I didn't spend X number of the best years with my life following him, or he didn't entice my son away and he ended up donating a kidney....so they may entertain him for a little longer...

Depending how things work out, I might want to ask him about how many Graduates still want to pursue the "substitutional whipping" doctrine? I might want to ask if any Graduates have misgivings about blowing money awarded to Reinhard for his assault on a luxury cruise? I'll wait a while and see how it goes.

Now it will be interesting to see if any of the Graduates go against the Leader's suggestion not to post on the X site?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 11:04PM by rrmoderator.

Date: January 08, 2011 04:22PM

My apologies to the Moderator, Apollo, Zeuzsor and of course yourself Stoic....

...the clearest indicator yet, then, that the remaining "flock" are all simply under "instructions"

...to remain hidden and silent unless other wise directed

...I apologize for having ever doubted you....

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 08, 2011 04:54PM

''My participation there should not be taken as encouragement for ANYONE else to post there.''

Sounds like someone giving out very strict orders to their troops.

Yep, just as we all suspected. The cult are still well and truly alive and kicking!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.