Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 07, 2011 08:10AM

'He'll have them eating out of the palm of his hand in not much time at all, I'll wager.'

Either that or the admin will suddenly discover the benefits of having a strict no-go banning policy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 07, 2011 08:18AM

No way, Nick would not do that. One would have to do something pretty drastic to get banned from there (trust me!)

Date: January 07, 2011 10:04AM

The xJC's might be well advised to understand the military origin of the 'no-go' term, particularly this explanation:

[en.wikipedia.org]

'Between 1969 and 1972, the term was used in Northern Ireland to describe barricaded areas in Belfast and Derry, which police and the British Army were prevented from entering by militant residents, republican or loyalist
paramilitaries. The areas' existence was a challenge to the authority of the British government in Northern Ireland, and the army finally demolished the barricades and re-established control over the areas in Operation Motorman on 31 July 1972.'

I would describe the sudden lack of response by the more vocal xJC's as a recognition of a 'no-go area' suddenly appearing on the site rather than a 'circling of the wagons.' When 'no-go areas' are not addressed they have a tendency to spread and take over.
Legal authorities ignore them at their peril.

Interestingly, dsm attempted to do the same thing on this site by opening a multitude of new threads and then trying to declare herself the sole arbiter of who got to post and what was posted on them. She was trying to set up a section of this site as a no-go area except for those approved by herself and got very annoyed indeed when she was blocked from doing this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 10:19AM by Stoic.

Date: January 07, 2011 11:13AM

I remember checking the user facility on the JCs forum to find out when each member had last logged on. It confirmed several of his victims/followers had logged onto the JCs forum after the announcement of the ''disbanding''. Not one of those members who logged on had made a post which would suggest they were in communication behind the scenes. When McKay realised I had done my investigating he quickly removed that search facility.

The fact none of his victims/followers have posted on the forum for a couple of months leaves me feeling suspicious. If there was some kind of disagreement and the cult did ''disband'' I do not believe every single one of them would completely turn their back on him. You would think that at least one or two would pop onto the forum to offer some kind of support. It leads me to believe that they are under strict orders to refrain from posting. This is all part of McKay's ''grand plan''.
- Apollo

Thank you Apollo for bringing this up!

I agree with you Apollo that this is a significant observation here, and you may well be right here about some "greater scheming" going on, behind it all....this very thread (that as Zeuszor has pointed out was commended by Zoe at McKay's instigation) was once also part of David's "greater scheming"...so, even if a little cavalierly, I think David's "greater scheming" can possibly still be dismissed as ultimately ineffectual... though we need to remain "observant" and "vocal"...

The "criteria" of freedom that the Moderator has proposed (e.g. unrestricted and independent communication with friends and family) are some of THE indications of genuinely "graduating" from McKay that we would need to see....

(My you ARE observant Stoic to have picked up so quickly the "goings on" on the xjcs thread....hats off to you!!)

Date: January 07, 2011 04:27PM

Actually, Malcolm, I am 'hypervigilant'-- considered a problem by some--but a very calm hypervigilant. When I realised it was incurable I decided to put it to practical use.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 04:35PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 07, 2011 06:14PM

Well that's Dave McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') now posting under his own name over on the ex site. It's been a soft approach so far but i'm sure it won't be too long until he's throwing his weight around. I give it two days and Glen will be pleading for his master's forgiveness, and once again playing both sides off each other. All we need now is for Al to show up and we'll have a full house.

Falling_leaves whom Malcolm exposed to be a scheming back-stabbing snake will no doubt be fawning over Dave's every word. I earlier had my suspicions that falling_leaves was Dave under one of his many guises however after a brief exchange in PM I now believe it is in fact the old Texas rattlesnake herself! Everything is now beginning to fall into place. It's definitely not an ex member of the cult. There's no way any recent ex cult member would have the balls to post here. They'd be far too frightened of upsetting the old sweetie wife who's had it drummed into them that the RR forum is the land of evil.

PS. Does anyone have any lead's regarding the identity of ''X''? I am determined to get to the bottom of this. I feel finding out the identity of ''X'' is of huge importance. We must do all we can to obtain this information.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 06:30PM by Apollo.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:16PM

As an aside, for anyone with similar hypervigilance which is related to what is now called PTSD:

[www.milhist.net]

'Strangely enough, the marine in the portrait would be quick as a cat if a mortar round came shu-shu-ing in, or a fight developed there in back of him. His trained instincts by now are something he can depend on, and have been developed over a long period of combat fighting. The only thing not dependable is whether, if he has bad luck, they will still save him.'

[en.wikipedia.org]

"We know that Greek drama was theater for combat veterans by combat veterans," Doerries said.

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Them old Greeks knew what they were doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 07:20PM by Stoic.

Date: January 07, 2011 08:46PM

There's no way any recent ex cult member would have the balls to post here.

- Apollo

The very early pages of this thread include McKay himself and Fran,(and a select few others) obviously then, under instructions to "fight the good fight" and use this forum to "expose" the critics of the JesusChristians as embittered "naysayers"....(David's original intentions for this thread)....

I would otherwise agree with you, in relation to the likelyhood of exmembers posting here....Apollo.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 07, 2011 09:08PM

Yes i'm aware a few of them visited the forum a few years ago but I believe it's been a long time since any of them returned. We all know they have been under strict orders for a very long time to refrain from even viewing the two forums never mind participating. During my time viewing the JCs forum any time one of his victims/followers commented on the RR forum it was done so with sheer disdain. I do not believe any of his recent members would be interested in having any kind of dialogue over here.

Date: January 07, 2011 10:36PM

'I do not believe any of his recent members would be interested in having any kind of dialogue over here.'

I think that the recent members have been taught to view this site in a similar fashion to the way the CoG et al viewed 'Black Lightning'--as a sort of bogey man used to keep them in line, 'on message' and afraid of the world outside the group.

[www.culteducation.com]

'Patrick's legendary kidnappings, a tactic he employed only as a last resort, often brought him into physical confrontation with cult members who had been warned that Black Lightning was an agent of Satan who would subject them to unimaginable tortures to get them to renounce their beliefs. Cult members who managed to escape their parents and Patrick before being deprogrammed frequently ran to the media with horror stories about the procedure.'

Its really not that bad, folks, just starting up the thinking process again---you get your life back from Davejc's stranglehold and you are free then to do what you want with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 10:36PM by Stoic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.