Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 14, 2010 01:37AM

Agur,

As i stated above it was sad seeing the type of childhood young danny had to endure but that's all trivial in comparison to the story about the ex member who molested a young boy but was not reported to the police. The same pattern is clearly emerging time and time again. Dave puts the image of the group above everything else.. whether it's the the paedophile in India, the ex member who molested a young boy or the whole kidney 'donations', it's all about image. It doesn't concern McKay the fact his members may one day desperately need that kidney or the fact there could be a paedophile out there abusing children who could have been stopped years ago. Perhaps McKay think he's above the law. He had a go at me over the use of the word groom, which he clearly completely took out of context. That really seemed to hit a nerve. Perhaps he feels guilty about how he has previously dealt with paedophile's in his group. It must be awful carrying about that amount of guilt but as Jeremy pointed out ''ultimately we will all have to answer to our maker''.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 14, 2010 03:43AM

So, shouldn't we be trying to stop McKay from hurting more people, in the same way that he should have done something to stop that pedophile from hurting more kids? Because that's how I think of him, you know: like he's a spiritual pedophile, a predator of youth. Why is the focus not on actually doing something to prevent DM from having access to people's children? The man deserves to be in jail, and the evidence is all there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 03:45AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 14, 2010 04:00AM

What are you suggesting then Zeuszor?

I quite agree with you but i don't see what more people can do. All we can really do is continue to highlight the many negatives of the group on forums like this in the hope that when potentials come here looking for information they realise it's nothing more than a dangerous religious cult. The reason i don't think the authorities would ever bring him to task is because he is doing it on such a small scale. As Graham Baldwin highlighted, in the grand scheme of things they're not that important.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 04:01AM by Apollo.

Date: November 14, 2010 04:08AM

Not everybody involved in this would like to see McKay incarcerated and therefore stopped once and for all from hurting more people, Apollo, believe it or not.

I'm going to now reverse myself and ask you to write me privately, Apollo. Then I'll explain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 04:09AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 14, 2010 04:58AM

So I'm glad that's squared away now, mate. No hard feelings?

Date: November 14, 2010 05:12AM

Yes, no hard feelings.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 14, 2010 05:51AM

To whom it may concern:

Whatever can be done seems to be being done by the many people that express concerns about Dave McKay.

The only lawful options that exist are public education to raise awareness through forums like this and other venues.

Of course if anyone knows of criminal activity perpetrated by McKay or his followers that information should be immediately made available to authorities.

Those are the options.

Once again I'd like to encourage everyone here to cease any infighting or bickering. This only makes Dave Mackay happy and does nothing meaningful to stop him.

Think about it.

Date: November 14, 2010 06:15AM

Apollo
Yes, no hard feelings.

Hey, it's all good in the 'hood, RR. Who's bickering?

Date: November 14, 2010 06:48AM

zeuszor
Check this out, from "Over concerned mother":

[welikejesus.com]

This is the "over sensitive mother" writing:

The member in question, let's call him "X", molested his girlfriend’s two daughters while living with them and their mother. I am not sure of his exact age at that time, he was at least 21, and he was a sexually active adult. When I was a JC member, I spent a lot of time with "X". He often went on outreach with me and my son.One time, I was on outreach with "X" , and another member named Monty. "X" had confessed to Monty that he had molested these two girls. Monty asked "X" to confess to me about two girls. The reasons that Monty had asked him to confess to me was that "X" was being extremely affectionate with my son .Monty was concerned enough that he fasted for 3 days before confronting "X" and asking him to tell me. Anyhow, at Monty's insistance, "X" confessed, and I got very upset and asked that we go right back to the base. Dave and Cherry were in town and I wanted them to know.

We talked about things with Dave and Cherry back at base. In the manner typical of pedophiles, "X" said that he hadn’t hurt the girls and had just wanted to make them feel good. He also said that he had molested them while they were sleeping. (At the time it sounded like it had only happened once but in later discussion he admitted to inappropriately touching them more than once.)

In the discussion, Cherry was very helpful, she jumped on "X"s comments about making the girls feel good and told him that was NOT right or acceptable. Dave’s attitude wasn’t what I expected it to be. He felt that Monty, Cherry and I were over reacting. He also said that he didn’t think Monty should have asked "X" to confess to me. A few people had noticed that "X"'s behaviour towards my son was inappropriate. Cherry even said that even though nothing serious had happened yet...she felt that things were heading that way.

This all occurred just a short time before I was scheduled to leave my children at the base and go to help someone who was donating a kidney. I was concerned about "X" being there with my children when I was out of town. So, "X" was asked to leave the base for the whole time that I was away. I am not sure that I would have been afforded this consideration if Cherry wouldn't have been there. I'm pretty sure it was her idea that he leave while I was away.

Dave mentioned in his post, leader's who were discussing the issue. Well, I was the leader in the US base at that time. I was not only involved but I instigated the discussions.The discussions that I was party to were more to do with the issue of me being "overly protective" of my children, though. I think a few emails went back and forth between Dave and "X" as some sort of "counseling". It was also suggested, I think by Cherry, that "X" play with the dog more instead of being affectionate with my son. I am not aware of any other "therapy" being offered to "X".

Also, within weeks of the problem coming to light, Dave insisted that my son move out of the "family" bedroom that we had and into one of the "guys" rooms. I didn't want my son, who was 6 at the time, to sleep in a room with grown men. Especially after finding out about "X"'s past. Dave, in his usual manner, pushed and pushed on the subject. I even left the community with my kids for a couple of days, without permission, because I was so upset. This particular grievance ended up being "witnessed' by two women who had been in the group a long time. They tried to be sensitive, but in the end agreed with Dave that I was just being overly protective and my son should sleep in a room with the guys. I remember one of them saying, about the incident with "X" and the girls, that they probably weren't damaged seeing as they were sleeping.

It is clear to me from the above post, as well as others on this site, that Dave continues to be a hypocritical liar! He knows what happened and yet wants to belittle me and label me an "over sensitive" mother. I make no apologies. Parents are meant to protect their children. I'll go ahead and admit it now... I feed and clothe them too.

BTW, I have talked with my children and it seems that nothing of a sexual nature happened to them in the group.Thank God! In my mind, this does not excuse Dave's lack of concern for children inside and outside of the group.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: November 14, 2010 07:00AM

Another example that Dave McKay was and still is hugely influenced by David Berg's teachings.

I find stories like the one above extremely difficult to read, infact i feel sick to the stomach. Similar stories seem to be popping up all over the place at the moment.

Is everyone lying Dave??????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 07:01AM by Apollo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.