Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: cait ()
Date: May 20, 2010 09:25PM

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

This thread is not meant to be the exclusive expression of anyone.

Anyone is welcome here that posts within the agreed upon rules.

It does seem that many people posting here historically have had an agenda, which appears to be attempting to subvert this thread.

Dave McKay is a fading public figure, despite his periodic antics to gain media attention.

Thankyou moderator for the above note, and likewise for the one below from an earlier page (28)...

rrmoderator
zeuszor:

The only way to deal with cult leaders like McKay is to expose them and educate the public by sharing information, which is what is being done here.

Other than that if there is any evidence of criminal wrong-doing, welfare or government benefits fraud it should be reported to the authorities.

You cannot "take him out," other than by working within such a framework.

By my reckoning, of the 35-40 members who have participated on this thread, 8 or 9 (ie 1/3rd to 1/4) have proved to be apologists, and 3 or 4 jc members. Certainly Fran and Dave have intended to subvert the thread, as have the apologists I am sure.

Currently only 6 or 7 forum members still try to share information here : the rest would seem to have either moved on in their own lives, which is great, or become alienated by the aggressive nature of a number of the posts made, which seems to fall outside of the recommended framework.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 20, 2010 10:05PM

To who it may concern:

I can't think of any more difficult position to be in the child of cult leader.

I have been contacted by some of these children over the years and they are often profoundly conflicted.

Some of the children of course simply follow the leader in lockstep.

But many others leave the group to make a life of their own.

Regardless of what the world may thinks of a cult leader, a child usually feels some love for their parent.

And when one parent is under the thumb of another, such as Dave McKay, it adds yet another fracture to the situation, i.e. sympathy for the mother who is also seen as a "victim."

This must be a very painful situation to be in, which we can only imagine.

It seems to me only reasonable to have sympathy for the children of Dave McKay who deal with this in their daily lives.

They may long for communication with one parent, while seeking closure with another.

Of course someone like McKay, who has repeatedly used and exploited his family, can only tolerate a relationship which puts him in the role of absolute authority and total dominance, while others remain in submission to his control.

What a mess for the McKay family members to endure.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 20, 2010 10:32PM

Cait is trying to be Kevin's substitute mom, and a substitute grandmother to his kids. This is why she is here to do damage control.

I do not feel so bad for Cherry McKay, don't really think of her a victim; after all these years, somewhere along the line she CHOSE to stay with DM and the group. She's more of an accomplice in my mind.

It was a mistake for me to have been honest and express frustrations with those that have learned their PR skills from DM.

Every word and phrase of mine is analyzed to the nth degree over there, and a negative spin is put on everything that I express.

Talk about your over-the-top responses. Now I am being called a sexist and an ageist. Please. I know I have never said anything like that and I can't recall anybody else saying such things, either.

In the XJC eyes, there seems to be this view that unless you agree with everything, then you're not part of their group.

I think it's because they come from a background where everybody has to agree, where total unanimity is required.

Maybe this demand for conformity accounts for part of the reason why there is so little traffic there?

Again, I've been banned, so you cannot blame me for scaring people off.

If you do not like what I have to write, then my suggestion is to tune out and ignore me completely!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2010 10:35PM by zeuszor.

Date: May 21, 2010 12:07AM

zeuszor:

In my opinion Cherry McKay can easily be seen as an abused wife in an abusive/controlling relationship.

See [www.culteducation.com]

And NPD appears to fit Dave McKay like a glove.

More understanding and sympathy would go a long way here.

McKay's children are essentially blameless. They were simply born into a bad situation and no choice was involved regarding that.

Date: May 21, 2010 02:20AM

rrmoderator
zeuszor:

In my opinion Cherry McKay can easily be seen as an abused wife in an abusive/controlling relationship.

And NPD appears to fit Dave McKay like a glove.

More understanding and sympathy would go a long way here.

McKay's children are essentially blameless. They were simply born into a bad situation and no choice was involved regarding that.

You are right, RR.

Kevin, I have gone too far in confronting you over what I perceive to be your lack of honesty (in some respects) and hidden agenda, and am sorry. For this, I offer you my unconditional apology.

As well, please consider this post to be a complete and total retraction of any and all comments and/or postings I have made (both publicly and privately) with respect to one Susan Smith-Summers. Some of the things I had written proved to be untrue, and as such, these web posts (and as well my conduct) constitute libelous statements, as well as tortuous interference with the personal peace and privacy of she and her family. For this, I offer Susan and her family a full and unconditional apology also.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2010 02:38AM by zeuszor.

Date: May 21, 2010 02:31AM

zeuszor:

OK.

Now let's move the focus back to Dave McKay and what he is doing.

There is no need to discuss McKay family members, relatives, that are not in the group.

Date: May 21, 2010 02:46AM

We Jesus Christians will be Raptured out of here along with all the good that's left here on this earth!! Before the mark is mandentory! And that is REAL soon! All with in The Twinkeling Of the eye!!! Wow!! I can't even say goodbye because there's good there! So I guess I'll just have to say BADBYE!!!

[2snow-flower.blogspot.com]

Date: May 21, 2010 04:24AM

A fundamental "point of departure" between the "lepers" (Zeuszor and I for example) and certain "others" is likely to be in response to the question,

Can McKay ever be rehabilitated?

David McKay, Chris Butler and others who "grace" these pages......could we reasonably expect them to "respond" to "courteous" treatment and "respectful" communication.....by ultimately being somehow persuaded of their depradation and then sufficiently convicted to moderate their behaviour.....

I would personally say no in McKay's case at the very least,
and probably more generally, in regard to Butler and ilk....

....the cult leaders themselves, will have of course, ultimately abused and betrayed themselves.... however they have in the process become "hardened criminals", who would not now, in my opinion, be even capable of genuinely considering a world in which they were not the center.....(obviously they would know well enough, to deny this, for the purposes of duping more into their service)...they are fundamentally, criminally insane.

...if David McKay (God willing) lost a few more henchman and say had to close some of his "cells", I could imagine that you might find him prepared to "negotiate"....if he sensed a loss of power, "friendly" David would then suddenly appear....not because he actually concurred on any of the substantive issues, but simply as a "survival" mechanism....were David to then recruit sufficient numbers, he would quickly return to the "cult" world he inhabits (and leads) in his imagination....

Treatment for him, may have been possible once....had be been "brought in" early enough, however...

I think that the "split" in the mid-nineties (where he had to bring himself to betray his own children in order to ramain in power) was the point of "no-return"......there will be no more further "response" now....

David is not a "bird of a different feather" if he brings himself to (duplicitiously) "smile" on cue, at the right people, on occasion.... whatever "beautiful plummage" he may choose to dress himself in...

David is not simply "misunderstanding" any communication that is attempted with him...
(however much some may like to whimsically surmise that the poor man is just
"pining for the fiords" )

...morally, he is effectively "dead, deceased, and departed for his maker".....

If one looks closely enough, while David still lives and breathes,
you may see that what may once have been a "soul"
is now simply "nailed to its perch" of flesh....

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2010 04:26AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: May 21, 2010 04:59AM

Don't for one moment delude yourself that you can FIX the narcissist - it simply will not happen. Not because they are being stubborn - they just simply can't be fixed.

Retrieved from:

[samvak.tripod.com]

Date: May 21, 2010 06:30AM

I appreciate RR comments, and suppose one should be grateful for any move to end hostilities... however my concern is not that Brian went too far in confronting me, it's that he has not gone far enough. Even in his "apology" he restates his perception that I have a hidden agenda and lack honesty. I am demanding that he substantiate his allegations, or be judged a libellous liar.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

Kevin, I am not going to go through this in a public venue anymore. This is the last time I that will do a cross-forum response with anybody. I merely reported my perceptions, and am open to the fact that I may be entirely wrong, and will stand humbled if this proves to be so. That is more that David ever did.

You made a good point in stating that public accusations deserve a public explanation, but the thing is that some of the information I was getting was given to me privately, and for this reason if you'd care for me to explain myself I shall do so the same way, that is, privately. If I were to explain all of this stuff to you publicly, then I'd have to name names and get real specific, and then I'd be getting criticized for not respecting individuals' right to privacy all over again. So I am kind of between a rock and a hard place here.

If you were to contact me privately so that we may iron all of this out, then I tell you, I give you my word before God and all reading this, that any and all communications between us will be, on my side, held in the strictest confidence and will never appear in public. If you are worried about me cutting and pasting and spinning like your father would, then I tell you that that will not happen. If I am lying to you, then may God strike me down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.