Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 08, 2011 05:04PM

I think both you and Verity are doing some sterling work over there, Malcolm, in not allowing Davejc much of a foothold. He probably expected the hero's (prodigal?) homecoming--or at least a welcome mat.

From my point of view, Davejc is not the primary target of abuse--he is the only target, full stop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 08, 2011 05:13PM

Yes I agree, Verity and Mal are doing a grand job. Let's see if McKay has the balls to take on Mal. My guess is NO.

I'm under strict orders from Blackhat to take a back seat :-(. Apparently a few people have been waiting a very long time for this moment and I have not to mess it up for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 05:18PM by Apollo.

Date: January 08, 2011 05:14PM

....the fact that his own site is being well and truly ignored, is why I think McKay is bothering with the xjc site...

No-one (including his own members) have the slightest interest in communicating with him....

...hence, ...there are a number of "warm fuzzies" (Why THANK YOU for posting Dave, you honour us with your very presence!)

(in amongst the "cold pricklies" from Apollo, Sisi and I) that he can "enjoy" by toying with the regulars over there,

until he can somehow delude them by "befriending" them sufficiently, that they no longer engage in public criticism of him

Date: January 08, 2011 05:16PM

A back seat?(very considerate of you to comply I think Apollo)....well a "back seat" is at least OK....and Kevin?....must be locked in the trunk!!

Date: January 08, 2011 05:38PM

I think Kevin is doing exactly the right thing in denying any public interaction with Davejc.
Shutting up Kevin is his main interest because of the family connection. The rest of his victims can be easily dismissed as 'disaffected and bitter rejects' from the loving arms of Davejc--but his son criticising his behaviour?

That broken bond will take some heavyweight PR to paper over enough for the public to no longer view it with at least a smidgeon of suspicion towards Davejc.
He is trying to 'rebrand' himself, in the best corporate fashion, before the next advertising campaign gets under way:

"Join the JC's, you have nothing to lose except your body parts, your family relationships, your trust in human nature, your independence and the next years of your one and only life"

Who could resist such seduction?

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 08, 2011 05:50PM

I would have to agree with your observation Stoic.

His non relationship with his own son really is a PR disaster.

The softly softly approach which we are currently seeing will only last so long. He will revert back to type sooner or later.

I give it a week and he'll be back on his lonesome in the comfort of the JCs forum ranting and raving about everyone and their granny!

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 08, 2011 10:54PM

Congratulations, Glenn. It took some fortitude on your part to step up and publicly criticize your former hero. I respect that.

Do you see how McKay is now rattling his sabre about suing whoever he can, on his own forum? It's a little unnerving for me to read, but I don't think he's got much of a reputation to defend.

Date: January 09, 2011 04:05AM

I think Kevin is doing exactly the right thing in denying any public interaction with Davejc.

- Stoic

I hope that you are right and that is what is actually taking place behind the scenes Stoic, "starving" McKay of interaction and thus "legitimacy".....

Date: January 09, 2011 04:09AM

I also second Zueszors' observations about Glenn's contributions...

Date: January 09, 2011 04:09AM

I find it quite odd that falling_leaves has been unmasked as Denise, dsm, on the xJC's and yet continues, without a blink from anyone who previously banned her for her apalling behaviour, to preach reconciliation and restorative justice there now.
She is already laying down the ground rules of the 'dialogue' which of course demand that no mention is made of specific instances of bad behaviour that she and Davejc have previously engaged in.

One of her claims whilst posting on this site previously, was that she had been a long-time 'cadre' of the NatlFed, which is, I gather, some kind of cult organisation masquerading as a union/labour organisation. The cadres worked in the field, recruiting low-level workers who believed that this labour organisation was a genuine set-up to give them some work-related rights and protections.

Denise/dsm therefore has some years of cult recruitment/labour organising experience under her belt and it is showing in the way that she is attempting to control the parameters of the 'dialogue' from the absolute beginning, stating which areas of discussion are off-limits and which are acceptable as they will enable her to control the direction of the 'dialogue' and so gain her objective.

If the xJC's allow her to direct the 'dialogue' in this manner they haven't a hope of countering her scheming. She is actually rather better at this than Davejc, although she cannot avoid the paranoia showing, no matter what she writes.
If she gets to control the 'dialogue' by establishing what is acceptable or off-limits to discuss--we've all already seen where that one goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.