Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 30, 2010 07:55AM

Unless of course the whole thing is just a big sham. It could be a case of Dave attempting to deceive everyone. They may have gone underground to regroup. At this stage we can't write anything off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 30, 2010 07:57AM

Nothing with him is ever as it seems.

Date: November 30, 2010 08:06AM

Perhaps Dave (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') put forward to his followers the idea of ''flirty fishing'' as a way of attracting new members?

Let's not forget this was a group who were on their knees, a group whose membership rate had diminished over the last few years. This could have been Dave's one last throw of the dice.

I'm just putting that out there as a possibility. That's certainly an issue which could have turned the whole cult against him.

Date: November 30, 2010 08:10AM

No way. They're too chaste (sort of) for that.

Date: November 30, 2010 08:11AM

Just a suggestion..

Date: November 30, 2010 08:13AM

Sure, of course. Very unlikely, though.

Other than the wanking thing, they're not into any sexual stuff per se, that I know of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 08:14AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 30, 2010 08:24AM

I can’t seem to face up to the facts.
I’m tense and nervous and I...can’t relax.
I can’t sleep, cause my bed’s on fire.
Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire.

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run run away
OH OH OH

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 30, 2010 01:53PM

Hey Zeus,

I know what it's like to get a song stuck in your head, and Talking Heads are one of my all-time fave bands.

However, I don't think it's helpful right now to be posting the lyrics to "Psycho Killer", you know?

People might have trouble working out what you mean, and I think you mean the "Run run run, run run away"....but others might read into it that either you are suggesting that Dave is one, (which he is not) or you yourself are one? Get what I mean?

Just trying to be helpful here....

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 30, 2010 02:07PM

Dave has posted a full reply to Verity's posting on the X Forum, and it illuminates one very clear thing.

Dave had previously been part of a group decision by the JC's to refrain from reading the RR and XJC forums. He supposedly stuck to that group decision, at least to the extent of not replying directly to postings on either forum.

However, now that he is on his own, without the ability to find messages on his own forum to respond to, and nobody with any tech ability to help him (where are they?) he is reading both forums avidly, and using his own forum for the sole purpose of responding to these forums in very quick time!

Sad, sad, very very sad.....

Date: November 30, 2010 05:52PM

I agree with you Blackhat, in the conclusions you are drawing here....(we are the dialogue of "last resort")...it is certainly very sad, to watch him destroy himself..... if (as it appears!) there are actually no other "members" to be concerned about...I would certainly recommend a policy of "leniency" to McKay!

I do not mean tolerating the lies that he routinely trades in....ignore them....McKays latest postings to me are little more than a subliminal "cry for help"..!

(Here I respect the opinions of Zeuszor and others, that McKay is beyond "redemption"....they are views I have ABSOLUTELY expressed myself often enough...however I submit that "mens rea" (guilty mind)....HAS to be accompanied by "mens culpa" (guilty act)....and if David has now somehow managed to divorce himself of his entire membership(Cherry included?)....then there can be no more "guilty acts"....even though we are well are aware that the "guilty (and increasingly demented?) mind" may remain...

Like Styxx, I remain a little concerned about the fate of the other dozen or so, we last heard from approximately a month ago.....surely they would have continued to have "proclaim the gospel" through youtube.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.