Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 29, 2010 09:42PM

It's all about control and nothing about dialog with McKay. They think they are being fair, ethical, etc. but they are going to be manipulated if they enter into a dialog with him. Good idea to keep him talking, bad idea to think that he can be reasoned with. Better to see to it that DM is locked up somehow. Better to not be an enabler.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 30, 2010 01:26AM

zeuszor:

Please understand that if someone doesn't agree with you regarding Dave McKay, this doesn't mean they are an 'enabler.'

It may only mean that they see a different path of response, which is somewhat unlike your own.

There is probably no way to have Dave McKay 'locked up.' This would completely depend upon some crime being commited, reported and subsequently prosecuted.

'Brainwashing' people and manipulating them is not against the law, unless a criminal offense is somehow linked to the activity, e.g. violent crime, property crime, etc.

You should allow for the fact that people will disagree with you from time to time, regarding McKay, his group and how best to respond to their activities.

Let's try to make space here for a variety of responses and opinions, without resorting to personal attacks or snide remarks when people disagree.

I understand that this thread has been plagued by 'trolls,' but not everyone that expresses an alternative view of McKay and/or how best to respond to him, is a troll, an apologist or an enabler.

If in fact the group is finally in its meltdown phase let's allow everyone, other than obvious apologists and supporters who are only here to subvert the thread, have their say.

Thanks

Rick Ross

Date: November 30, 2010 02:11AM

In my opinion, some persons who are connected to DM (and who are outside of the group) really are enabling him, though, tacitly allowing him to do what he does and apologizing for him in a very subtle but recognizable way.

I am convinced that detailed and factual information about the JCs being accessible to the public is necessary in order to discredit McKay; anything less than this guts that very (and valid) criticism of McKay, through one's agreeing to pander to a vocal minority whose real object is to squelch public discussion of Dave McKay's cult, and not the promotion of free discussion at all!

This is all, just my opinion.

Date: November 30, 2010 06:04AM

For some reason, whenever I think of DM lately, this song starts running through my mind...

Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-là
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir-là
Réalisant mon espoir
Je me lance vers la gloire ... okay
YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run away
OH OH OH

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: November 30, 2010 06:28AM

DAVE MCKAY ON PEDOPHILIA

[forum.culteducation.com]

zeuszor
This is what David had to say when I was asking him questions under the name Andy ; at that point he thought I was a potential recruit. This was in response to Andy's question to him about why he thought it was OK for his people to deal with kids, minors:

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:04 pm

I thought it was great what Andy was saying. It's good that he has had a look at what the opposition is saying, and it seems like he can see through it pretty well.

He says that he can see how Joe's parents would be upset. So can I. Of course, the article doesn't say that Joe left a note, and that he talked with his parents (by phone and email both, I think) while he was away for that week. He knew them well enough to not just front up and say, Hey, I'm going to head out to New Mexico for a week, okay?

As for us communicating with a sixteen year old, Andy, I think you need to ask yourself if anyone else is forbidden to communicate with sixteen year olds, via the internet, via the media, via literature, or just when they bump into them on the streets. If not, then why should we be condemned for communicating with Joe when he was sixteen. Virtually every sixteen year old in America has access to information that their parents would rather they NOT have access to. But parents learn to live with it and work around it. The law may say that they can force him to stay under their roof until he is eighteen (although a lot of police will not bother bringing runaways home after they turn sixteen, because they realise that between sixteen and eighteen the child is starting to make some more independent choices and force can no longer be your primary means of control.) but it does not say that you can force a sixteen year old to stop thinking about anything the parents don't want them to think about.

Joe's contact with us between sixteen and eighteen weas primarily through visiting our website, btw. I think there were only a handful of times when he arranged to meet up with people at fast-food restaurants. He would not even tell us his real name (No joking , he called himself Joe King ) possibly for fear that WE would notify his parents. So he was very much in control of his own thoughts.

Just thought I would clear up those points a bit, because the media always seems to get a few things wrong.

What he says, in other words, is “Well, it’s not my fault if they aren’t paying attention what their kids are up to.” Always somebody else’s fault, always somebody else’s problem with this guy.

Also keep in mind his previous quotes on the subject of pedophilia:

[welikejesus.com]
Quote:
But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them.

Here McKay (leader of the Jesus Christians) is saying that pedophilia does not involve force, and is trying to use this principle as an example of why it's OK for members of his cult to attempt to recruit minors. This guy is getting more and more and more demented.

Dave is a spiritual pedophile, a spiritual pervert. The above quotes provide a window into his demented mind. Maybe it's because young kids' minds are more impressionable and pliable, and therefore they're easier to manipulate. Maybe it's because having destroyed his relationship with his own kids, and now he feels compelled to damage other people's relationships with their kids. I don't know, probably a combination of things.

I hope some kid out there, and/or his or her parents, is reading this, and can make a more informed judgment about what you might be thinking about involving yourself in.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 30, 2010 06:43AM

zeuszor
Apollo
Ultimately Dave (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') and Cherry's relationship is of no great concern to me. My main concern is seeing people like Joe and all the other ex members reconciled with their families. The best place for Dave would be either a mental institute or jail. At least that way he'd be off our streets and no longer in a position to target and groom young teenagers.

I have heard Cherry described by a very recent x-member as the "Igor" to DM's Dr. Frankenstein, a fawning, loyal lackey eager to do the will of her master. She has been described to me as a very submissive woman who is obedient to DM, and who patiently takes all of his controlling abuse. She has been married to DM for almost fifty years. Chances are, she will never leave him. I also once heard an ex-member's mother tell DM to his face that she felt sorry for his wife (that is, Cherry), and Cherry said, "Don't, please don't." She has chosen to be where she is, and she has chosen to do what she is doing, in my opinion. What a pathetic person she is. I once heard her tell somebody not to feel sorry for her, so on the whole, I don't.

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Like you Zeuszor,

I must say that I do not share any particular sympathy for Cherry, for the reasons that you note, and that I personally dislike her....I will give her her due though, that her intervention (and her intervention alone, it seems) was all that prevented McKay from subjecting his own children to the abuse of years of "flirty fishing" for the COG's....since that point, her "record" thins somewhat in my opinion, ...she would otherwise know that she is married to a monster, but no doubt tries to persuade herself that her principle "duty" before God, is merely to be an "obediant wife"....

Thanks for the response chaps,

I must admit i've been surprised by Verity's recent defence of Cherry, not just in her direct post to me. I don't feel anyone has been overly critical of Cherry recently. Certainly if all Cherry has to worry about is being called 'consort' then she has very little to worry about. It's not as if she's in Sheila Johnson's position where she doesn't even know if she'll see her own son ever again, well i suppose she is kind of in that position with some of her own children but that was her own doing as far as i'm aware. I've seen some of Cherry McKay's posts/emails to her own children over on the ex site and i didn't see alot of love and compassion there. I've also viewed her posts to Sheila Johnson on the JCs site and i didn't see alot of love and compassion there either. If it is true then she certainly deserves credit for her intervention during the COG days. It can't have been easy trying to convince Dave that the COG was not right for their family. You only need to read Dave's various quotes to realise just how influenced he was and still is by Moses David Berg. Here's one which stood out for me..

Dave McKay (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'')wrote:
''Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them.''

As i stated in an earlier post Cherry McKay has been there from day one. Alongside Dave she is one of the founding members and deserves to shoulder a portion of the blame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 06:46AM by Apollo.

Date: November 30, 2010 06:45AM

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run away

Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: November 30, 2010 06:50AM

zeuszor
DAVE MCKAY ON PEDOPHILIA

[forum.culteducation.com]

zeuszor
This is what David had to say when I was asking him questions under the name Andy ; at that point he thought I was a potential recruit. This was in response to Andy's question to him about why he thought it was OK for his people to deal with kids, minors:

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:04 pm

I thought it was great what Andy was saying. It's good that he has had a look at what the opposition is saying, and it seems like he can see through it pretty well.

He says that he can see how Joe's parents would be upset. So can I. Of course, the article doesn't say that Joe left a note, and that he talked with his parents (by phone and email both, I think) while he was away for that week. He knew them well enough to not just front up and say, Hey, I'm going to head out to New Mexico for a week, okay?

As for us communicating with a sixteen year old, Andy, I think you need to ask yourself if anyone else is forbidden to communicate with sixteen year olds, via the internet, via the media, via literature, or just when they bump into them on the streets. If not, then why should we be condemned for communicating with Joe when he was sixteen. Virtually every sixteen year old in America has access to information that their parents would rather they NOT have access to. But parents learn to live with it and work around it. The law may say that they can force him to stay under their roof until he is eighteen (although a lot of police will not bother bringing runaways home after they turn sixteen, because they realise that between sixteen and eighteen the child is starting to make some more independent choices and force can no longer be your primary means of control.) but it does not say that you can force a sixteen year old to stop thinking about anything the parents don't want them to think about.

Joe's contact with us between sixteen and eighteen weas primarily through visiting our website, btw. I think there were only a handful of times when he arranged to meet up with people at fast-food restaurants. He would not even tell us his real name (No joking , he called himself Joe King ) possibly for fear that WE would notify his parents. So he was very much in control of his own thoughts.

Just thought I would clear up those points a bit, because the media always seems to get a few things wrong.

What he says, in other words, is “Well, it’s not my fault if they aren’t paying attention what their kids are up to.” Always somebody else’s fault, always somebody else’s problem with this guy.

Also keep in mind his previous quotes on the subject of pedophilia:

[welikejesus.com]
Quote:
But a better example is paedophilia. Kids are not FORCED to have sex, and yet society says it is wrong. I know, I know, they are not adults. But you see, we each have our restrictions that we think makes it wrong or doesn't make it wrong. And so what we decided to experiment with is just trying to follow the rules as we honestly and humbly think God wrote them.

Here McKay (leader of the Jesus Christians) is saying that pedophilia does not involve force, and is trying to use this principle as an example of why it's OK for members of his cult to attempt to recruit minors. This guy is getting more and more and more demented.

Dave is a spiritual pedophile, a spiritual pervert. The above quotes provide a window into his demented mind. Maybe it's because young kids' minds are more impressionable and pliable, and therefore they're easier to manipulate. Maybe it's because having destroyed his relationship with his own kids, and now he feels compelled to damage other people's relationships with their kids. I don't know, probably a combination of things.

I hope some kid out there, and/or his or her parents, is reading this, and can make a more informed judgment about what you might be thinking about involving yourself in.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention zeuszor, i appreciate it.

Date: November 30, 2010 06:55AM

You're welcome.

David McKay is a liar, a criminal child abuser, a fraudulent con man, a coward, and an all-around evil son of a bitch. David McKay is a vile and sinister agent of evil in the world, and when he dies it will be time to rejoice; his victims will then be assured that he will be unable to continue the crimes and evil activities that he so enjoys perpetrating. How many people, how many children has he abused over the years?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 06:59AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 30, 2010 06:57AM

Stoic
' Al's posts as BigPigWeed, and Glenn's posts as Styxxx, as well as that extremely cruel and hateful post about Denise's daughter, Faith, should make us all want to track down who it is that is playing both sides against the middle.'

Davejc must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel. The above, to me, sounds like a plea for a unified front against the real common enemy, the elusive YouTube Nuisance.

Nice try Davejc, but no cigar.

Superb, you couldn't make it up! LOL

It sounds like a cry for help to me. It sounds like Dave is reaching out to us.

Oh dear, things must be really bad for old Davey boy, nobody to control and manipulate. He must be getting very lonely over there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.