Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 13, 2010 10:09AM

Agur
BLIMEY!!!!!

"the vessel of our consecrated essences............." ?????????????????????????????????????

Sorry but that entire write up needs explaining to me.

[www.spermbank.com]

Considering the huge focus on w@nking and all....this sounds like some vial destined for some second rate sperm donation clinc......I know people sell blood and body organs but oh man....I don't like the visual I am getting here......I had to Google this..... it looks like people get a $100 for a "vessel of essence".....now if you consider bin raid "finds".......Oh yes I am just too naughty but like I have said if we don't laugh at some of this...we will vomit on our pink high heels........*laugh*

That's right up Dave's alley! lol

Could be another opportunity for the cult to 'donate'.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 13, 2010 10:10AM

Agur
BLIMEY!!!!!

"the vessel of our consecrated essences............." ?????????????????????????????????????

Sorry but that entire write up needs explaining to me.

[www.spermbank.com]

Considering the huge focus on w@nking and all....this sounds like some vial destined for some second rate sperm donation clinc......I know people sell blood and body organs but oh man....I don't like the visual I am getting here......I had to Google this..... it looks like people get a $100 for a "vessel of essence".....now if you consider bin raid "finds".......Oh yes I am just too naughty but like I have said if we don't laugh at some of this...we will vomit on our pink high heels........*laugh*

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 13, 2010 10:24AM

Dear Agur,

It IS quite an effort to keep a straight face here, I agree....

Should David ever reopen the JC site....well "someone" (some "arrogant fucking little pipsqueak" as David will no doubt describe them, once again)

..will need to make some direct enquiries....(Can I get a discount if I order in bulk? Do you "gift-wrap"? Do you accept payment in kind?.....and so forth)

It IS really, really difficult to forsee his cult recovering much credibility at all, as this farce goes on.....

Date: November 13, 2010 10:39AM

Something that I always found to be inspiring in the JC studies was this repeated Biblical idea that we are working to establish the Kingdom of God, and not the Kingdom of the Churches, or the Kingdom of Religion. I must state, some of the JC studies have really "revolutionized" my thinking in terms of Jesus' teachings. It's not that I do not like what they have to say in some of these articles, or what they ostensibly stand for. For instance, I really like the one called "The Tentmaker Myth." I see DM as being a super-hypocrite and some of the others as not very nice people either, that's all.

Zueszor

Yes, I definitely think so too.....as McKay moves ever more assuredly into self-oblivion, the retention of the few "treasures" that there are, is worth the effort I think. When I was serving my time, with them,...there were repeated statements that the "Kingdom of God" is far greater than the small numbers gathered in the (then) "Christians".....in hindsight I don't think McKay ever seriously considered this to be true and he quickly became as "insular" and as "self absorbed" as the wider churches he (in many ways, rightly)condemned.....and then he ultimately became far worse than them....

Date: November 13, 2010 08:19PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Something that I always found to be inspiring in the JC studies was this repeated Biblical idea that we are working to establish the Kingdom of God, and not the Kingdom of the Churches, or the Kingdom of Religion. I must state, some of the JC studies have really "revolutionized" my thinking in terms of Jesus' teachings. It's not that I do not like what they have to say in some of these articles, or what they ostensibly stand for. For instance, I really like the one called "The Tentmaker Myth." I see DM as being a super-hypocrite and some of the others as not very nice people either, that's all.

Zueszor

Yes, I definitely think so too.....as McKay moves ever more assuredly into self-oblivion, the retention of the few "treasures" that there are, is worth the effort I think. When I was serving my time, with them,...there were repeated statements that the "Kingdom of God" is far greater than the small numbers gathered in the (then) "Christians".....in hindsight I don't think McKay ever seriously considered this to be true and he quickly became as "insular" and as "self absorbed" as the wider churches he (in many ways, rightly)condemned.....and then he ultimately became far worse than them....

Darnit Mal, just as I was trying to see something positive about the cult you had to go and burst my bubble...

Date: November 13, 2010 11:15PM

hello
Roland and Sue- that you saw on ' Wifeswap'- have been involved in two cases of ' kidnapping' - both involving underage boys. I once sat with Sue where she told me how one of their community members had sexually molested a young boy- the JC's response was to eject him from the community. The man in question was free to molest again- the only issue they had was that he shouldn't be associated with the JC's. Sue's defence seemed to be that the man' was slow'- though I don't doubt that she was telling the truth- it never occured to her as a Christian to get him some help- so that he couldn't do it again.
Appearances are foremost to the JC's.
What the JC's lack- and it makes them extremely dangerous- is any emotional understanding of situations. They have put themselves in a repressive environment- where they have extremely rigid boundaries- and because they are taught to deny their own emotions- after a while- can no longer recognise the emotional needs and rights of others.
For example- in ' Wifeswap' we have Sue trying to force a little girl to eat a mushy bowl of cereal. A little girl who would have been missing her Mum terribly. Someone with a healthy understanding of relationships and emotions would have dealt with this situation in a completely different way. Sue was there to promote Freeganism- not to bully little girls.
What would have endeared her more to the family and all those watching- would've been if she had of eaten the cereal herself and asked the little girl to hold her hand- as everyone knows- mushy cereal - if you're a little girl- is horrible. There are so many situations that could've been avoided if the JC's showed a bit of compassion and understanding instead of rigid groupthink.

hello
I thought I'd better mention that sexual abuse has taken place in the JC community. A male member molested a young boy. The JC's response was to tell the man he had to leave the community. Their justification was that the man was ' slow'- though he had responded to the teachings. As a mother, what I find shocking is that they left this man free to molest again.
I'm not into corporal punishment- nor do I believe that this man- should be condemned- but I believe they had a responsibilty to see the situation through. If the man was ' slow'- he needed help and support from the proper authorities. They basically washed their hands of him- which wasn't helpful to him, the child- or any future child he happens to molest.
Also the JC's have been involved in two cases of kidnapping- both involving underage boys. I'm sure if you ask them- they'll tell you how their behaviour was totally ' above board' etc.
However, if you're familiar with Jung- you'll understand that sometimes people do things without admitting their real feelings to themselves- let alone others. The fact remains- all THREE of these incidents have Roland involved and present. I'm sure he has a reasonable explanation.
I don't believe that having a wife' lovingly' by your side on public view, means that you're not capable of abuse.

You learn something new everyday..

Deflect and deny seems to be the JCs way and image means EVERYTHING.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 11:16PM by Apollo.

Date: November 13, 2010 11:45PM

Deflect, distort, derail, distract, disrupt. Spin spin spin. That's his game. Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain.

Date: November 14, 2010 12:19AM

Have you ever used this search function, Apollo? You might be surprised what you can find through this easy-to-use feature. Sometimes people do not realize that it's there.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Agur ()
Date: November 14, 2010 12:23AM

It's interesting all that you say Apollo. I think the suggestion of how Sue could have handled the mushy food is very very good. She had a unique opportunity to really show Christian love and compassion while visiting that family yet instead she chose to be combative and to isolate herself outside in the miserable cold away from the family and doing nothing productive....just complaining. Had she not been so combative, it would have went much smoother as the family, although wealthy, seemed very willing to give her a good chance. The other mum tried hard with the jc's and I was impressed with the jc's as in one part of the show, the wealthy mum didn't like the condition of the pail she was to use to get water in and one jc, maybe Alf, went and got her a new one. That was a very small act but showed great kindness because he gave it to her without any recriminations and she appreciated it.

Also the way Sue and Rolands son, Danny, was so thrilled to have a flat and a birthday was lovely to see. Danny behaved really well and he was a credit to the jc's. The show has been repeated often here and I'll have to admit I think the jc's looked pretty good with the exception of Sue and somewhat Roland at times....they seemed so negative but as a whole, the show was not too bad. Some of the families that do that show are downright vile to each other and make no effort to get along or to try the others way of life.

Danny really impressed me a lot as he was kind and polite and very mature. My heart went out to him when he didn't want to be seen being dropped off at school in the broken down old camper van. It showed that teenagers are all the same in some respects and that the opinions of their peers does matter. I'm so happy Danny is away from the group now and I hope his life affords him greater freedoms, more positive role models and that he gets to make his own way in life without undue influence.

Date: November 14, 2010 12:34AM

Yes you're right Agur the Wife Swap episode was very sad. I can't begin to imagine the ridicule young Danny must have had to endure at school. It can't have been easy growing up in a cult. You could see how embarrassed he was being dropped offf in the morning in the back of a camper van. It couldn't have been a pleasant childhood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 12:40AM by Apollo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.