Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 12, 2010 09:17PM

Hey, I have a novel idea: let's start collecting information on the JCs and then make it available to the public, so that we can warn people about DM and the cult!

Wait, isn't that exactly what I've been doing for the last few years? Duh...

Sure Mal, I'll send you a copy when I get home. Please PM me an address to send it to. I already sent one to sWord, too.

No offense, Agur, but I wish you'd try and stay calm and tone it down with the hysterics. It's not helpful. I speak from experience after having screwed up myself, so don't take that as a putdown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 09:29PM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 12, 2010 09:59PM

'All I hold in my tiny hands, is a wee, little "manuscript" '

If you ever decide to publish, Malcolm, I'd buy a copy.

Date: November 13, 2010 12:59AM

zeuszor
Hey, I have a novel idea: let's start collecting information on the JCs and then make it available to the public, so that we can warn people about DM and the cult!

Wait, isn't that exactly what I've been doing for the last few years? Duh...

Sure Mal, I'll send you a copy when I get home. Please PM me an address to send it to. I already sent one to sWord, too.

No offense, Agur, but I wish you'd try and stay calm and tone it down with the hysterics. It's not helpful. I speak from experience after having screwed up myself, so don't take that as a putdown.

Look, that was snide of me to have written.

All I am saying is, that what Agur is suggesting is exactly what I have been doing since the summer of 2006, and for the most part all I've gotten out of it is a bunch of shit. If it seems like I resent it a little bit, it's because I do.

There's the trolls who try and discredit me, and the X-members and the members of their clique who scapegoat me.

I get very little positive reinforcement for doing what I do, and am about two years ahead of the "hey, let's make a factsheet!" idea.

I had a factsheet ready to go six months ago, and decided not to distribute it because I didn't want any more shit from the X club.

So for her to come forward with this idea (and don't get me wrong, it's a good idea) at this time, considering our past and the way that she herself has scapegoated me and given me grief, makes me wince because of the irony of it all.

And I"m not putting you down personally when criticizing your hysterics, Agur, please don't take it that way. In my opinion. your acid-in-the-face comments are just as irresponsible as my four-year-old comment about "taking DM out." I regret having written that now, and will never live it down. What I'm saying is: chill out. Don't panic.

And please do not address me by my given name in your posts anymore, Agur. Please refer to me as zeuszor, not "zeuszie" or some cutsie nickname.

The Dude Abides!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 01:03AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 13, 2010 01:31AM

To whom it may concern:

This thread certainly has been contentious.

And at times it seems like people here become fairly petty and have problems getting along.

I urge everyone to simmer down, be polite, avoid any insults or personal attacks.

I am getting tired of the chronic problems here.

Date: November 13, 2010 01:40AM

I had a factsheet ready to go six months ago, and decided not to distribute it because I didn't want any more shit from the X club.

You're welcome.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 13, 2010 02:21AM

Zeuszor it can be very hard to find specific pieces of information. Yes we all know the information is out there but it's not as if you can just enter your question into a search engine and it suddenly appears. You would need to scrawl through pages upon pages before finding it. It may be a pain in the ass answering the same questions over and over but it's all for the greater good. People coming over here looking for information on the JCs probably won't have the time to scrawl through 400 odd pages. They'll most likely flick through the odd page so the more times things are repeated the better.

I think what Agur was suggesting was create a short thread, just a few pages long which highlights the main issues, links could be provided of course to go more into detail.

Posted by: Agur ()
Date: November 13, 2010 03:29AM

You explained that perfectly Apollo. I was suggesting a FAQ type of fact sheet with easy to find highlights just to save people trying to go thru 475 pages of discussion. My intention was to help. I regret mentioning it.

I'm sorry about the improper mentioning of first names, I thought it was obvious who people are and I've been addressed by my name and didn't mind so didn't know I was doing anything wrong there. I'll try to catch myself in future.

Apologies to the RR mod if I have caused any fuss. My intentions in posting here remain to help potentials from being deluded by McKay's spin on history as he works to try to repair his horrible image.

Right now McKay is busily whitewashing his forum so that new people viewing once it reopens won't be able to see how ugly that forum gets and how badly visitors and ex members get spoken of. The McKay jc forum is going to look as though Dave has been very generous and kindly and that he's been the victim of abusers. I hope that through this forum and the ex forum that the truth will be available so that new potential victims can see the McKay jesus christians as they really are.

Obviously if the group was disbanding they would abandon the forum completely or simply delete it. The fact McKay is again altering and editing shows HE has no intention of disbanding....however given the fact that his numbers are so low, the disbanding is happening slowly and McKay cannot control that with an edit or delete key.

It's rather sad to see the old man trying to clean up his tarnished image, to leave some sort of less disgraceful legacy and that he has sunk so low that he must use someone like little rose as his mouthpiece. She's just made a complete fool of him again with this disbanding nonsense. She has done more in 3 months to discredit and shame the jc's than anyone could dreamed. I see Dave has tried to clean her up slightly on his forum too but as long as she continues to create her screaming videos and write her insane blogs, there is little hope of her ever looking anything but a crank. What does make me smile a little is that she has decided that she can also rewrite history too and is avidly promoting that "she" isn't the Denise Matteau that is all over the internet raving and ranting.....it's "another" person with the same name as her and she swears it's a very common name---why she knows 12 other people with the same name as her *lol*......never mind that while doing her spin dance around her backyard campfire-braids flying-wildly laughing, she gets all rabid on the very same topics, uses the very same terms as this "alter ego". Her alter ego's all have birds named Captain Bonkers, hate Tupperware, sued Home Depot and does religious themed paint by numbers. Yup. Very credible. Maybe it's the Mormon elder named David McKay who was exposed pretending to be a mum named Anita Foster and it's "another" cult leader named Dave McKay who had a poor Kenyan whipped over some stolen booklets.

Those two. What a perfect pairing....why they would not even have to get new monogrammed towels.....DM&DM!!!! *lol*

Date: November 13, 2010 03:38AM

zeuszor
Today, for my own reasons, I decided against preparation of any factsheet. That is off. I worked on and finished a draft, then tonight decided not to distribute it after all.

I am even close to give up on this whole JC matter entirely. Let the XJCs do their thing and get out of it now.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Correction: five months ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 03:38AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: cait ()
Date: November 13, 2010 04:30AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Personally, I would support the position of Cait, that "Glenn" and others of his ilk, should still be free to contribute to this forum .... however I doubt that Glenn, really is a "champion" of more reasonable debate and I have to say that I also doubt that he has "frequently taken a stand against David".....

....that it is a relativistic impression, that occurs only because there is ABSOLUTELY NO DISSENT on the JC forum and hence on the odd occasion that Glenn has spoken up, it appears that he is a "voice of reason", "frequently speaking out"....when I would suggest that that not to be the case, overall.
Yes, you're quite right Malcolm : Glenn has agreed with Davejc much more than he has ever disagreed, and his disagreements are often unrelated to Dave's teachings or members actions, and more related to politics and gender issues anyway.
Malcolm Wesley WREST
Glenn was briefly posting on the xjcs,jcs site......that record still exists(it is unclear what still "exists" or will continue to be allowed to "exist" on the JC site) could you provide, a couple of examples, Cait of something remotely edifying that Glenn posted there....all I can recall where the subtle and not so subtle attempts to discredit the testimony of Davids' critics....perhaps I missed something...
Unfortunately there is no remaining record of Glenn's interaction on the jcx.xjc forum that I am aware of. There was an incident some time ago where the moderator accidentally gave Zeuszor admin rights, and in the few hours following, all of Glenn's posts were deleted, and he was banned. When the error was discovered, the moderator unbanned him, but was unable to restore his posts. Glenn understandably suffered a loss of confidence, and chose not to post there any further.

Hey Agur and Apollo : there has been a Wiki page on the JCs for a long time now. Not sure when it was last updated, but it remains reasonably succinct.

Just Googling the JCs does seem to bring up a lot of useful information, I think including that.

Agur, that is a very entertaining thought you have offered about the monogramed towels!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 04:32AM by cait.

Date: November 13, 2010 04:48AM

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 04:49AM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.