Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Agur ()
Date: November 11, 2010 11:27AM

Could I ask the RR mod a question please?

Can Kevin McKay visit and post on this site?

It seems he is having trouble accessing the site and since he has not ever been banned, this seemed odd. I thought it might be some glitch that could be looked at.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 11, 2010 07:39PM

Dear Apollo,

I think that at the time, the four "cells" (Aust, UK, US and Kenya) were initially set up, there were closer to 30 members, hence each location would have had say,some 6 - 7 members....the 2- 3 members you write of, are I think more a consequence of becoming "over-stretched" over four bases, as numbers have declined...I don't think "2-3" was a deliberate decision on McKay's part...although, outreach efforts of two witnesses, naturally enough, reflect the biblical precedent, of Christ sending out his disciples in multiple, groups of two...

It is, as you may know, mentioned in scripture that in the latter days, "seducing spirits" will "forbid marriage"

1 Timothy 4

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

...David of course, assuring his 'flock" that by avoiding marriage (and thus being "free enough" to individually devote themselves to doing nothing more with their lives than selling membership in the JC's) they are "buying" their way into the blessed 144,000 of scripture....

I remain surprised that the members of the JC's could so blatantly disregard actual scripture and in lieu of it, give preference to nothing more than David's glib promises.....then again perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 07:59PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: November 11, 2010 07:45PM

It IS indeed a lonely, lonely life..being a single male in the JC's...(...and returning to a little number I have referenced previously)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 07:51PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: November 11, 2010 08:23PM

...the OTHER pet hate of McKay being those nasty, impish, gremlins, selfishly robbing time for nothing other than their own self-centered ends, and forever demanding the attention of more mature disciples that could otherwise be devoted towards selling McKay literature...

..otherwise known more informally as "children"..

Rob and Chris,

Fran and Kim,

Paul and Ulrike

will have future DECADES to regret their decisions to remain childless,

at the very same time as McKay demands "access" to the grandchildren, he has through his own children..... as his "right"!

(...the merest shade of hypocrisy, here?)

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 11, 2010 09:33PM

Apollo
How long ago did McKay decide to split the cult into smaller groups of 2-3 people?

Do you think McKay felt by splitting into several smaller groups they would appeal to a wider audience?

Was there ever a time when all 20-30 of them travelled around together as one group?

It must be a nightmare if you're in a small group of 2-3 guys. I'm guessing they're not allowed outside relationships so if there's no females in your group then what chance do you ever have of finding a partner? I mean surely the likes of Joe and Alf would at some point in the future like to find a partner and maybe even have kids. Roland had a wife and son so it's obviously allowed. Are there some guys like Reinhard for example who have been in the group for years without ever having any sort of female attention? It's not very appealing for potential members.

I just wonder if McKay maybe feels enough is enough. It may be time to rebrand the cult as one travelling 'community' (no offence Brian). One last throw of the dice if you will! The cult is probably at it's lowest numbers for years and the small groups obviously hasn't helped their case. McKay's not getting any younger and he may feel this is his one last chance to really rebuild this faltering cult..

Their justification for not marrying, as well as their justification behind the married couples spending time apart from one another every year (three months, I think), comes from 1 Corinthians 7.

It has been reported that even some of the single members wear rings, though, to signify that they are married to Jesus.

Though they consider themselves celibates, they practice what DM has termed, "faithful masturbation." Again, the justification for this comes from 1 Corinthians 7.

And Rinehard is openly gay, though celibate. A lack of women, and the opportunity for, is no problem for him!

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 09:36PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 11, 2010 10:38PM

Thanks for the response chaps.

Oh so it's ok for Dave to have a wife and kids but his followers are encouraged to stay celibate? what a joke!

Wow i can't believe Reinhard's gay. I didn't think homosexuals would be allowed into the cult. Surely Reinhard wouldn't be allowed to have a gay relationaship in the cult?

Date: November 11, 2010 10:41PM

Do your homework, man. Virtually everything we know about the cult has been published in this and the visual Archive thread. It's all out there.

Date: November 11, 2010 10:53PM

Aye ok Zeuszor calm down, i was only asking.

Date: November 11, 2010 11:05PM

Aye, mate, I am one mellow fellow.

Hey, I was thinking: I wonder if DM might be in the process of saying his farewells, due to his diagnosis with cancer a couple of years ago? It seems a little unusual for him to visit Sheri & Boyd for example. This just occurred to me. What do all of you think?

Date: November 11, 2010 11:16PM

zeuszor
Aye, mate, I am one mellow fellow.

Hey, I was thinking: I wonder if DM might be in the process of saying his farewells, due to his diagnosis with cancer a couple of years ago? It seems a little unusual for him to visit Sheri & Boyd for example. This just occurred to me. What do all of you think?

Health issues would certainly be something to consider.

If something did happen to McKay do you not think the group would just continue with Alf and Joe as leaders? I know they say Alf and Joe are the 'leaders' but that's only in name, we all know who pulls the strings.

I'm hoping there has been some in-house fighting which has led to the 'disband', though i'm not holding my breath. Though even if there was in-house fighting i doubt we'd ever find out about it, McKay would be looking to save face.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.