Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Agur ()
Date: November 07, 2010 10:30AM

Oh good to read your post Mal....I can understand what you said about each time people are faced with supportive friends and family they must relive things...yes I can see why reinventing yourself and discovering your own personality would be a great way to go.

I also agree that most people joined with high ideals and that they can switch to another cause that might help them feel like they are doing something to help and it can help them to rebuild their confidence. I can imagine leaving a group as much like leaving a marriage....regrets, memories good and bad and so much heartbreak over wasted time and self recriminations for staying too long.....it could almost be like dealing with a death as it's the death of a dream in many ways. Even Dave will be feeling such a loss. What an ideal time for Dave to get into some therapy as well. I think it would be awesome for Dave and Cherry to reconnect with family who loves them dearly but I hoped that all along. No man is an island-cliche I know-but it's true.....mean as Dave can be that meanness stems from bitter disappointments and this will be another. I hope rather than adding this to his list of why he hates "systemites" he can actually use this as a time to heal and become a better person not an angrier more bitter person. I'll admit while Dave seemed to go out of his way to tear me apart all summer, I was concerned and still am, if this news is real. I would not want Dave to take people into deeper isolation, himself and Cherry included. I hope the whole group comes out into the sunshine and that they all get healthy and happy.

I'm not diminishing any wrongs Dave committed but lets hope this is the end of him having a group of people to control. At least that way, there should be less hurt all round.

Mal thanks very kindly for your expert opinion of the ways people can go about recovering.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 10:34AM by Agur.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 07, 2010 10:58AM

But to think they are all hiding underground to avoid her seems a little much...

Sisi

They wouldn't be hiding underground to avoid Denise, they would be hiding underground, because David sensed he was "losing control" (Denise being only one small part of the whole problem)....and hence he is desperately resorting to "conspiracy theories" to convince his flock to isolate themselves from anyone, bar him....

Cait pointed out something of significance, that the introductions are removed (indicating that someone has deliberately gone back to do that of course!!), ....meaning that the JC's are removing any "identifying information" about themselves, from their site.....and I've no doubt directly emailing any potential converts that they had (e.g. Catherine) they are being forced to do this in order to "preserve their very lives" from the "dastardly scheming of their enemies"......

...but which I still cynically see as little more than "cloak and dagger games" that David believe help magnify his own "crucial importance" to the fate of those below him.....

McKay is a "brat" who saw that he was "losing"(membership walking out on him) and has resorted to "holding his breath" in silence, in order that his audience "capitulate" in their anxiety for him.... he will enjoy thinking to himself how the world will worry itself sick, over what's become of him...

I agree with Agur that the consequences of this exercise for his dwindling membership, bear some prayerful concern, although in relation to any anxiety over David himself.....hmmm...

....well....yeah I'll be worrying! While I wouldn't place the poison in it directly,

I'm very worried that I may have now missed the opportunity to mix the "Kool-Aid" for him!

(Would you like "Double Double Cherry" or "Triple Awesome Grape" with your cyanide, Mr Apostle sir.....?)

Date: November 07, 2010 11:04AM

You are a far more Christian soul than I, Agur! God bless you for that.... I am obliged, of course, by scriptural command, to seek good for even those I consider my enemies...

... but McKay, I suspect, is not capable of a response to any "good" shown him and bar incarceration in a suitable institution will remain a threat to himself and anyone else he can draw under his spell.....

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 07, 2010 09:40PM

I have absolutely no compassion for Dave but i have alot of compassion for the rest of his members and their families who have been torn apart by this cult. There's a long road ahead for these families even if it is true that the JC's have disbanded. It will take a long time to fully heal these relationships after years of interference and manipuation from Dave. Alot of people will have to swallow their pride if things are to move forward. I'm sure many of those members wanted to leave years ago but they just didn't know how to go about. It can be hard to admit you got it so badly wrong knowing what your family members have been put through. There's a long journey ahead for these families but with a bit of give and take these relationships can be rebuilt. I genuinely wish these families the best of luck for the future.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 07, 2010 09:59PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
....well....yeah I'll be worrying! While I wouldn't place the poison in it directly,

I'm very worried that I may have now missed the opportunity to mix the "Kool-Aid" for him!

(Would you like "Double Double Cherry" or "Triple Awesome Grape" with your cyanide, Mr Apostle sir.....?)

Every dog has his day, huh, Dave?

Maybe he could don a black jumpsuit and some brand-new Nikes and "beam down" by himself to whatever circle of hell he came from to begin with.

So long David, have a good trip. Maybe you can hand out to yourself one of them first class tickets to The Resurrection.

Bob the Angel can meet you on the other side of the veil and welcome you into your eternal reward. The proof is in the pudding, David!

Rayford had a strange urge to hug his angel, and at that instant his angel reached out to hug him. "Call me Bob," he said, and Rayford registered surprise at such an un-angelic name.

"A bit common, you think?" asked Bob. "Actually, names are not a big deal up here. We never get lost, and people know when they're being addressed personally -- like I'm doing with you right now -- but Bob'll do, if you feel more comfortable using a name."

"Thanks, Bob," Rayford responded. And then his thoughts turned to Irene.

"She's here," Bob reassured him. "You'll see her later. But you'll also come to love everyone here as much as you love her. And the Lord... why, he'll be the greatest love of all!"

Rayford could instantly see the truth in what Bob was saying. On earth he had had a special relationship with Irene; she was his personal responsibility. But here... everyone existed to love and please God. The marriage party, as they called it, was a celebration of their corporate union with God. The euphoria that Rayford had been experiencing since he first rose sleepily up onto his knees there in the Temple Mount enclosure was greater than any pleasure he could ever remember having experienced back on earth, including sex. He did not even miss Irene now, or feel impatient about seeing her. He knew instinctively that they were one already... not only with each other, but with all the saints throughout history. They were one in their worship of God. They were entering into a new marriage -- a marriage to God.

Rayford's mind took another turn, and once again Bob turned with him.

"Back on earth?" Bob asked. "They're pretty upset, I can tell you that!" he said with a laugh. "Ol' Dangchao is trying to tell them that we're an alien starship coming to destroy the earth. Guess we are in a way. But he doesn't dare mention God. If he did, maybe they would see the futility of fighting us, and repent.

"Israel's in a mess at the moment. Nearly 7,000 dead already from the quake. But Dangchao is untouched by it. He doesn't think of anyone but himself. Right now he's screaming for military support from every country on earth. Fighter jets, nuclear weapons, rockets, missiles, anything they can find to blow a few holes in our outer shield."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 10:03PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 07, 2010 10:10PM

Agur
.....I mistakenly posted that instead of here instead of into my word file...you don't miss a think zeuszor.....You should be a private eye. ;)

Why, thank you. I take that as a high compliment.

Date: November 07, 2010 10:31PM

Dear Apollo,

I still have to question the "disbanding" assertion....that is based only on the contents of an email to Denise isn't it?...I still have suspicions that he has merely taken who he could "underground" for further reprogramming..... but definitely it would appear that a few of the following have gone their own way (thus prompting McKay to act as he has in order to avoid losing the lot of them!).....

My "theory" is that the more "painful" the exit, the more quickly one can see through and consequently abandon the cult paradigms that have been internalized..... if members leave more "amicably", they are saved the psychological trauma of an exit in "disgrace".....but it will take far longer for them to lose "cult think".... I doubt that many of them will "return to their families" initially...it would be tantamount to abandoning the "faith"....

There will as you say be a "long road" ahead....

Date: November 07, 2010 10:42PM

Thank Zueszor for the extract...

"Survivors" is a painful read isn't it! I remember Davids' "A cry in the wilderness" (his effort to spin some interest in his writings out of the Lindy Chamberlain controversy...)....perhaps I'm looking back with "rose-tinted" glasses, but I remember enjoying reading it....

"Survivors" is COG eschatology represented a la LaHaye...I don't mind either of them myself....but McKays dialogue is so strained, it's excruciating to read....I wonder if "Rupert" (my guardian angel, don't you know)...feels the same way?

Date: November 07, 2010 10:44PM

I was told that the motivation for members selling DM's books, was that there is always the incentive of international travel.

A lot of the JC hate distributing. If they are not going to be allowed to travel, then there will be diminished interest in the cult.

In regards to whether they really are disbanding: we are relying on dsm. We haven't heard anything official, and we know how DM enjoys stunts!

I certainly hope that they are no more, but my "spidey sense" tells me they may still be up to something. DM wants them to be stronger, "not lukewarm" and they are not doing as he expects, perhaps?

So maybe a comeback, but only with the most loyal?

But I am loving it. Every day they are in turmoil, with their website closed, they are not recruiting another impressionable person and that's a good thing....

Date: November 07, 2010 10:47PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Thank Zueszor for the extract...

"Survivors" is a painful read isn't it! I remember Davids' "A cry in the wilderness" (his effort to spin some interest in his writings out of the Lindy Chamberlain controversy...)....perhaps I'm looking back with "rose-tinted" glasses, but I remember enjoying reading it....

"Survivors" is COG eschatology represented a la LaHaye...I don't mind either of them myself....but McKays dialogue is so strained, it's excruciating to read....I wonder if "Rupert" (my guardian angel, don't you know)...feels the same way?

You're welcome, sir. Yeah, Survivors sucks. For now I have to study, so that it's for today. After studying, I'm going to drink Four Loko (Google that) while watching my Jeremy Kyle DVD over and over again, until I pass out. Mid-terms, you know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 10:50PM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.