Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 04, 2010 02:01AM

All this talk lately against gossiping may mean their has been some dissention in the ranks. McKay doesn't want members to talk amongst themselves and raise doubts as to how the cult is progressing, so he makes this article up about not gossiping. It the same tactic he adopts when he speaks of murder. Keep the members away from critics by suggesting they are dangerous and wanting to murder them. Hence the membership is isolated from hearing critical information.

zeuszor
It was interesting to read on the X site that McKay sent one of these booklets to Dave Berg, leader of the Children of God. Although it appears that the poster's recollection of dates (and the details of McKay’s supposed break from the COG) are a little hazy, this demonstrates why it is so important to get accurate and precise information published, so the public doesn't get fooled by DM’s spin.

I always try and give him the benefit of the doubt, given his age in Broken Hill at the time. However, when he states things like DM had broken with the COG leadership in 1974, I know from my own research into the Broken Hill period, that this is BS!

He may not be deliberately publishing misinformation. I think DM and Cherry worked on him over the years, and he has come to accept their version of events.

Would you be impressed if I told you last night I slept on cardboard without blankets? (I didn't). Would it make me spiritually superior? I guess if I survived the night, I would have been on a, "Survival Outreach". What a joke! More commentary on their newslatters later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 02:03AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 04, 2010 05:36AM

Broken Hand

Barry had an accident with his bike last week, landing on his hand and breaking a bone. It has been particularly awkward for him, trying to distribute copies of Survivors with just one hand, but Barry has soldiered on bravely. He will probably be in a cast for another four or five weeks.
Well, why not give him some time off to rest? Surely, with over a million copies already in circulation he could take some time off?

Israel Trip

It has been seven years since Paul donated a kidney to a woman in Israel. She has been asking him to come back for a visit ever since the donation, so he went over for a short visit during the month. Wonder who paid for that?

Ulrike was invited too, but her passport was nearly expired, and so she could not travel. As our passports expire, each of us will be waiting on God to open doors before we consider any further international travel, because we do not want to be associated with the microchips included in the latest passports. I wonder how long it will take before they change the policy on that, when they realise it will curtail their activities? Will they have some revelation saying the passport microchip is okay!

Survival Outreach

Trevor went on yet another survival outreach, this time with Ross, before he left Sydney to join the U.S. team. They slept on cardboard without blankets. Only one night was particularly cold, and the next day someone gave them blankets to be used for the duration of the outreach. And a genuine homeless person probably missed out on the blankets! This makes no sense at all! What purpose does it serve? They will probably just end up sick.

When he arrived in the U.S. Trevor was pleased to see that Jesse and Reinhard had been working on ways to do less driving around the vast L.A. area, and to cut down on their own food waste as well, all in preparation for the day when we will be starting to live entirely without money. I find this fascinating. So the JC are planning to live entirely without money? Does that mean they will no longer sell Dave's books? Dave and Cherry can probably ditch the membership soon, as they can both get the Australian pension and travel around in a campervan like grey nomads. They will still probably enjoy their annual overseas trip, so their lives won't be much different from a large number of Australian pensioners.

Jesse joined his father in performing at a church service, where they both played in the band. Jesse played the saxophone.

Joe's Surgery Looms

Joe appears to be very close to donating a kidney to an unnamed recipient, with the operation planned by the end of the month, providing all the tests were successful. Probably the reason he has been so hostile with his parents, lately! His loyalty test is looming!

Holiday for Rob and Chris

Rob and Chris were given a week's holiday at a hotel in Kisumu as partial compensation for having missed out on the reunion cruise in Australia. They had been near exhaustion from the many duties at the volunteer centre, and the week has brought them back feeling more inspired and refreshed. They had been at near exhaustion. So much for plurking!

Me writing now:

There so much more I could comment on regarding the newsletter. That these people don't see they are in a cult blows my mind! Staggering!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 05:39AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Agur ()
Date: November 04, 2010 11:01AM

Of course there is talk among the ranks and much disagreement I expect with their numbers dropping off as they are. I assume cult members are asking questions and wondering who is going to pick up the slack on book sales and kidneys? I would also assume some decent members who are really Christians might object to certain people being coached by McKay to add his sage-like ramblings to her oh so ugly videos....do you think that real Christians who love God and who believe in and teach love of fellow man, forgiveness, mercy, truth, kindness etc will want to be represented by someone who does the type of things and uses the language we have all been subjected to since McKay developed this rather unholy collusion?

No. Perhaps their forum being in lock down is a genuine miracle and the merciful ending so that the remaining 6 or so people in the group can go home to their families and have normal happy lives free from oppressions.

I pray the forum never unlocks again as from all I can see it's only a place of anger and resentments without any love at all---That is one thing you never seem to see or feel in any of their postings. They openly ridicule outsiders who do love their fellow man, calling them insincere and fakes so it must be because the jc's have no love at all themselves and don't understand it thus someone like l.r. fits right in with her fury at the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 11:08AM by Agur.

Date: November 04, 2010 06:39PM

The lockdown is interesting. It could just be some technical glitch.

But, I was thinking maybe that it's a security lockdown what with Joe's loyalty test being imminent? Come out with the big announcement the deed has been done and they had to go into lockdown to ensure that interference is minimized?

It maybe too early for that though. I know Joe went on Living Donors Online on October 9 stating he was trying to donate to a male. It would be a fairly quick turnaround if he is donating now; we will have to wait and see.

Date: November 04, 2010 10:42PM

That these people don't see they are in a cult blows my mind! Staggering!

Dear Zeuszor,

(Assuming that others share my own experiences....I think that it is possible to "see" that you are, apparently, in a cult, however ), .....while you might quietly go so far as to admit to yourself that there may be some cult like similarities in your day to day operations, these are but minor(even if a little embarrassing) aberrations, taking into account the "big picture"......Overall, this is a holy struggle to re-establish the "Kingdom of God" on earth.... it is a fight to the emotional and possibly literal death, to "save the world" from itself....the extremity of the situation demands some seemingly, extreme commitment! Those who do not share your commitment to the "Gospel" cannot possibly comprehend, the spiritual battle you are engaged in....and in many ways it becomes simply impossible to really communicate with them at all......in the "shallowness" of their empty lives!

The eternal "good" that you are doing, far, far outweighs the ultimately "inconsequential bad" that is sometimes, just briefly necessary......

Date: November 05, 2010 04:17AM

Apollo, I have asked you to not write me privately asking for information, and yet you did anyway. Therefore, I have decided to answer you publicly. No, I have no idea why their forum is locked down. I know nothing of it. And for the second time: please do not write me privately anymore. And frankly, I'd butt out if I were you. This has nothing to do with you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 04:19AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 05, 2010 05:01AM

zeuszor
Apollo, I have asked you to not write me privately asking for information, and yet you did anyway. Therefore, I have decided to answer you publicly. No, I have no idea why their forum is locked down. I know nothing of it. And for the second time: please do not write me privately anymore. And frankly, I'd butt out if I were you. This has nothing to do with you.

Yes Brian you did ask me not to PM you but since that PM you sent headlined 'FINAL COMMUNICATION' you have since sent me another message discussing a separate issue. If you feel so strongly about this then at least be consistent.

What's the big issue here anyway Brian? If you don't want to reply then quite simply don't reply. There's no point in throwing a hissyfit over something so trivial.

I know McKay likes to play games and you can't trust anyone but come on mate get a grip. We're all on the same page here. My dealings with McKay and his cult have caused me a great deal of stress aswell. It's good to be able to come on here and discuss things.

I've not received any negative feedback from the moderators so i really don't know what the big issue is here.

If you're so concerned about me then either ignore me or report me to the moderators.

Date: November 05, 2010 05:21AM

Nothing personal, man. It's only that I really do not want to get to know anybody "new" to the overall situation, anybody that I do not already have an established relationship with, as far as these things go. Please don't write me asking lots of questions. I don't know you, you know? You are stepping into a serious situation and may not fully realize or appreciate what is going on here. Any information or commentary that I wish to offer with respect to the JCs, I'll share here on the board. I am not having a fit, I am maintaining my boundaries. Yes, I wrote you that one time asking you to keep calm. Please don't fan the flames, if you take my meaning. And I speak from experience after having made a lot of mistakes, trust me on that. And again: it's not personal. Don't do it again, please respect that.

The email address you gave me hasn't been used to register on the 43 social networks that were checked. Probably you just created it to talk to myself and others.

Isn't aim.com part of America Online? Surely, you would have a UK email address?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 05:33AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 05, 2010 05:51AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
That these people don't see they are in a cult blows my mind! Staggering!

Dear Zeuszor,

(Assuming that others share my own experiences....I think that it is possible to "see" that you are, apparently, in a cult, however ), .....while you might quietly go so far as to admit to yourself that there may be some cult like similarities in your day to day operations, these are but minor(even if a little embarrassing) aberrations, taking into account the "big picture"......Overall, this is a holy struggle to re-establish the "Kingdom of God" on earth.... it is a fight to the emotional and possibly literal death, to "save the world" from itself....the extremity of the situation demands some seemingly, extreme commitment! Those who do not share your commitment to the "Gospel" cannot possibly comprehend, the spiritual battle you are engaged in....and in many ways it becomes simply impossible to really communicate with them at all......in the "shallowness" of their empty lives!

The eternal "good" that you are doing, far, far outweighs the ultimately "inconsequential bad" that is sometimes, just briefly necessary......

Yes, Mal, I see your point. I've never been in those shoes. Would you say that the group that you were a part of, and the post-1996 JC cult are in many respects actually two different and separate groups?

To me, the idea that Barry, for example, might actually believe that he is somehow contributing something toward the re-establishment of the Kingdom of God on earth through peddling DM's lame books on the street with his one good hand just boggles my mind, you know? It's the same sense of astonishment I feel when I consider the fact that a small handful of loyal "students" stayed with Applewhite and Nettles every time the UFO didn't come and physically pick them all up. Like, you'd think that DM could give Barry some time off or something. The fact that there is a small cadre of DM loyalists, JC true believers, just amazes me. I can't help it.

Well, I've been there myself, actually. Under the influence of mind control, or living with the results of having been subjected to coercive-persuasion techniques, however one wants to put it, I mean. Anyhow, someday I'd like to read this book:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 06:08AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 05, 2010 06:18AM

zeuszor
Nothing personal, man. It's only that I really do not want to get to know anybody "new" to the overall situation, anybody that I do not already have an established relationship with, as far as these things go. Please don't write me asking lots of questions. I don't know you, you know? You are stepping into a serious situation and may not fully realize or appreciate what is going on here. Any information or commentary that I wish to offer with respect to the JCs, I'll share here on the board. I am not having a fit, I am maintaining my boundaries. Yes, I wrote you that one time asking you to keep calm. Please don't fan the flames, if you take my meaning. And I speak from experience after having made a lot of mistakes, trust me on that. And again: it's not personal. Don't do it again, please respect that.

The email address you gave me hasn't been used to register on the 43 social networks that were checked. Probably you just created it to talk to myself and others.

Isn't aim.com part of America Online? Surely, you would have a UK email address?

I have absolutely no interest in getting to know you. I haven't asked you any personal questions. Any questions i've asked have related to the Jesus Christian's.

Not everyone uses social networking sites Brian.

Aol are a popular service provider in the UK. What are you on about?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.