Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 22, 2010 04:49AM

rrmoderator
zeuszor

We have been over this before.

Please don't go on about the McKay family.

No one really knows the pain and suffering they went through and/or are going through. And I suspect it's quite a lot.

Each family deals with a "cult" situation in its own way, or as best as they are emotionally able to under the circumstances.

Let's leave it at that.

I won't be surprised if yasmin pops up to tell me off again. This seems to be her main input!

Please allow me to be proactive, and now ask yasmin for some positive suggestions on how she would go about countering the influence of DM and his cult?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Agur ()
Date: October 22, 2010 04:50AM

Malcolm said---The JC's farm the kidneys of their members to buy "good press",
The "cost reimbursement" payments" serve as income (please trace the destination of these payments!)
It has become a "rite of passage" for members, whereby they may "thumb their noses" at their friends and any family who caution them)

Very aptly put Malcolm. Your entire post was right on. I don't believe for one second there is any "love" of others that cause the McKay Machine hands over their organs. The JC’s can't even keep up a pretense of kindliness for more than a couple posts on their forum. Newcomers are just jumped on and usually ripped like desert vultures on a freshly bleeding carcass. You know I've noticed a pattern on their forum.....new members get courted by certain JC’s...welcomed in a friendly way and coaxed to make posts that express their beliefs, person life and thoughts on Christianity or just life in general.....then McKay comes in for the "kill", taking everything the person said out of context, twisting it, blood thirstily going after the person using considerable vocabulary and Bible knowledge, making the person feel like an idiot.....some leave quickly, some answer back feeling hurt or offended and trying to explain better thinking it’s all an simple misunderstanding....McKay posts, acting all innocent and shocked at the newcomers "vulgarity and touchiness" and while the new comer is still amazed at this turn McKay sicks the vultures on what is left of the person while the person flails around attempting to answer, denying being a spy, denying bad motives, defending their faith anything to ward off the attack that seems so unreasonable....explaining, apologizing, trying to figure out what on earth they said that was so terrible...and McKay sits back gleefully enjoying the fracas.

Sometimes they can keep the person engaged for days….weeks….before the person leaves in disgust and hurt or some end up reacting loudly and getting banned….even after he bans them that coward McKay keeps the fight going but of course the person cannot respond so he is free to say ANYTHING….claim chats and emails…claim his uncovering the person as some great enemy……what a show! BUT even the Jesus Christian cult members knew that little rose was TOO much because she caused people to simply leave at once because she acted so nutty and I wonder if the You Tube legal dept actually did contact the Jesus Christians directly after they were advised of the magnitude of what little rose was doing to an innocent persons with her videos being sent to their employer….the Jc’s seemed to pull back quickly and without their typical discussion and she appears to have been banned however I fully believe McKay will be talking to her behind the scenes keeping her “on tap”. No way do I believe that after the intense relationship she and McKay formed in public will simply stop because she is not on the forum. Could she have been told to just chill for a few weeks and let things die down after her terrible assault on that innocent person? These are only suggestions of mine and I am not saying any presumptions are fact…just wondering aloud.

Perhaps some cult members there honestly believe they will recruit more people via the forum but personally I see their forum as just a place for McKay to be kept busy and out of the members hair somewhat. As long as he is occupied with Peters, Jose's and little roses...he leaves the membership alone perhaps and they don't end up as his sport. Sad that they will sacrifice people to keep McKay busy but I guess after so much time, it comes down to self preservation.

Date: October 22, 2010 11:58AM

Posted By Joe Johnson on the David McKay Jesus Christians Forum

Re: To Sheila, Jared, or any other Johnsons/Simpsons 21/10/2010 08:10

Hi Sheila,
I brought up the attack on Reinhard, and our need to resolve what led to it/the aftermath, in response to Jared's request that I come home. I wanted to make it clear that you should not expect any home visits from me until we resolve our differences. If you would prefer not to do that, then that is your choice (like I've said a couple of times now). Just know that our relationship will not move forward if you choose to go that route.

You asked who cares if we ever reconcile our differences. Well, I do. But it seems to me that you don't. (Really, your question sounds to me like, "Who cares if we ever restore our relationship?" Your disinterest in reconciling is quite telling, indeed, and sad.)

Thank you for apologizing. It would be much better if, when you apologize for something, you are specific about what exactly you are apologizing for; e.g. what actions are you apologizing for?

Also, Jared and John are both grown adults. They can apologize for themselves. When they apologize personally, then I will see that as a step in the right direction; but I don't accept the 'on their behalf' apologies you are offering for them, when they are well capable of apologizing themselves if they are truly sorry.

I am quite concerned by your persistent 'just forgive us without us needing to be sorry for what we've done' push, which is not the type of thing I would expect from someone guilty of attempted murder. It suggests that you are trying to justify your actions in nearly killing Reinhard, which I find quite disturbing.

Another important point (which it seems I need to re-iterate) is that resolving our differences is not just about the past. It is also about the present, and the future. If you, for example, feel justified in digging up stories about me picking scabs, then it is quite reasonable for me to mention my father and brother trying to kill my friend, and never even personally apologizing for it. And the future is about whether I will ever be able to feel safe around them again. That's the bigger picture.

The past is a very big part of me, just as it is a very big part of you. If you want to hide the evil that went down, or cover it behind 'we all have things to be forgiven for' even though Jared and John have never even asked for forgiveness (much less shown any remorse), then the whole relationship is a lie. All of your reasons for wanting to lure me back home become suspect.

Anyway, that's probably enough from me for now. I await hearing more from you when you decide you want to move forward in our relationship... which also involves resolving the past.

Peace and love,
Joe

I feel it’s fair to post this since Joe is the co leader of the cult currently along with Alf. This seems to be Joe Johnson writing but I sense who the ventriloquist may be.

As for a reply to this bratty letter, some mother might say she is sorry for the day she gave birth to a child who could be so consistently cold, could be so easily manipulated and “bought” by being given a “ co leader” title….. then in turn, be so manipulating and hard hearted towards parents who had loved him and gave him the best life they could provide, through hard work and self sacrifice. Likely few mothers could say this but I believe outsiders would think this as they read over Joe Johnson’s cold replies to his parent’s apologies and heartfelt attempts to reconcile.

I think Joe Johnson might as well write the letter he wants to hear…I mean perhaps the letter McKay demands….????? So man up, Joe, stop acting like a spoiled child and write out exactly what you want no—demand--from your parents Joe…give them a list and then demand they sign it or that they get lost.
Maybe you don’t want them to actually get lost…..can’t afford to lose sparing partners on the JC forum now that the group membership seems to drop weekly.
The Dave McKay Jesus Christians are really opposite from the Jehovah Witnesses, even though McKay seems to use some of their materials and habits…… the Jehovah Witnesses reject blood…..the Jesus Christians WANT BLOOD!

If I were the Johnson’s I would be very careful what I signed my name to….what "apology" I would publish. The cunning man hiding behind the bus and pulling Joe’s strings could have some less than altruistic ideas of what to do with any confessions or apologies. The court battles "seem" over….you have apologized over and over and if your words are not enough for Joe, you may have to accept that is all that is possible for now. Take heart…..the coward is relegated to back benches and he is aging fast; it seems the group numbers are dropping so you might be able to speak to your son face to face and safely express anything you wish to him in private as it should be.

Your personal lives should not have to be played out on the JC public forum. That is sadistic and cruel. I admit I read because it’s somewhat of a compelling insight to the destructiveness of this cult. I hope I don’t compound anything by posting here but the letters are already made public by McKay’s forum so my intentions are to try to let you know that many people support you and think that you have said more than enough as far as apologies go. If it’s not good enough for the David McKay Jesus Christians, you may have to accept that at this point. You must know the detached indifferent letters that are being directed to you, are NOT the words of the loving son you raised. Cults that utilize brainwashing techniques such as isolation, deprivation, dependency and belief alterations cause incredible and horrific manifestations in victims, causing someone you know well, to be unrecognizable.

Please take courage knowing others feel for you and wish freedom and full recovery for your son.

Date: October 22, 2010 12:06PM

Posted By Jared Johnson on David McKay's Jesus Christians Forum

Note to the mod here-I hope it's OK to post the letters as they are already public on McKay's site however if it's wrong please advise me. Apparrently "he" IS gathering IP addresses and some people do not want to have to go to his site to read as they have too much to lose should he get nasty with them. Please PM me if I am doing anything wrong by reposting these letters. I have provided the link for those who wish to go to the site to see the originals. Thank you.

***************************************************************************************
Posted By Jared Johnson on David McKay's Jesus Christians Forum

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Re: To Sheila, Jared, or any other Johnsons/Simpsons 22/10/2010 03:11

Hi Son

This is Dad again. Thanks for acknowledging my honesty because I want you to understand how hard it is for me to open up to you on a public forum. However, you can imagine how shocked I was when you asked a series of questions about what had happened in Long Beach.

You may be suspicious about my reluctance to have these discussions but I’m not comfortable with these talks with such a large public audience. When I told you I was sorry about what happened I meant it and I wish that day had never happened.

It hurts me every time I hear suggestions that your Mom/ I were trying to kill you or your friends, or that if we had another opportunity we would. We both acknowledge we are sinners and what happened was wrong, but to suggest we are murderers or potential murders is unfair and simply not true.

The incident was as a result of a heated situation where anger got the better of your brother and I. I have acknowledged it and apologize for it.

There has been a lot of backlash resulting from a very heated situation where fear and anger got the best of me. I know that I should have remained calm and I apologize for letting my emotions rule me. I will list some of the consequences below:
The “Whipping Trail”; The Fox News Media Special; The Criminal Trail; suspension from my job ; A school board review where I could have lost my ability to teach; A civil law suit with a settlement amount of $54,000; A $27,000 payment for medical bills; Exposure of the video footage on You Tube; Constant criticism of your family and especially your mother on the Internet; Release of prejudicial information (where the facts of the case are false and misleading) on a series of search engines.

The proposed request for us to appear in court to take action against Rick Ross is not feasible. I believe you could settle your differences peacefully with him. Please understand that anyone can go on that site and post information on any body. Will you agree that your group has done a series of controversial acts, which often has resulted in bad publicity? For example, you used the media for the “Whipping Trail” and that garnered a negative backlash on your group. Some of your critics have used the various media outlets that your group has solicited to discredit/criticize your group.

I understand that you are not quite ready to make a home visit. If you’re not ready for a home visit that’s fine. I’m not going to push the issue. However, I’ll simply reassure you that you are my son and you are always welcome home.
If there is ever a time that you feel you want to come home I want you to feel free to do so.

I realize that you are probably still angry but I’d like you to focus on the positive times we shared with you. I wasn’t a perfect parent but I did my best to show you love and invest my time with you.
My love for you has always been unconditional and I pray for you everyday. It would be great if we could change what happened on that dreadful day.

I would like to see us stop fighting long enough for you to give us an update on what’s happening with you.

Love always,
Dad

Posted by: bigpigweed ()
Date: October 22, 2010 01:56PM

What I don't see is why Dave is so quick to be mean to people who visit his forum.If he wants people to join what's the point in treating them like scum when they visit? Its almost like he doesn't even want people to join but he does want people to fight with to be able to answer them looking all smart.

How do the Jesus Christians pay their bills?

Do they really get enough money from those silly books to feed everyone and to pay for all expenses like clothes and stuff?

How does Dave support himself if he doesn't sell books him self? If his wife is too sick to work at handing books out and Dave is too old or just wont do it then how do they pay for medical care and all? Surely if they have not contributed to the system they don't suck out of the system. Would that be Christian? Would it be stealing almost?

How about the kid that was in the group? Did he go to a state funded school yet the Jesus Christians don't contribute anything to the tax system or to society? I know his parents are some of the people that left the cult now but I am asking if the Jesus Christians use the system they refuse to contribute to.

Do they vote?

I'm interested in the money trail of this group. are they a registered charity who can take donations? if so don't they have to account for how the money is spent? How much do they sell the books for generally? I know it's said to be donation but what is the average they get I wonder?

I'd like to know as much as possible about how the funds are managed and how the Jesus Christians were able to pay for that fancy trip.

I understood the plan was to forsake money and luxury and give all to help the poor people. How does a fancy trip on a luxury liner help poor folks? Did someone give the Jesus Christians a big gift and that's how they could buy the trip? It's incredible to me that Dave sells forsaking all money but has no trouble spending thousands on the group for a pretty pointless luxury and especially in these economic times when the average person can only afford to give less to charity if they are to keep their own households together. Charities are reporting serious shortfalls and now the noble money hating Jesus Christians take a trip that must have cost $25,000 +++. The poor need all the help they can get and the Jesus Christian judge and condemn others for the use of money for shallow reasons. It's quite hypocritical.

I wonder how the poor feel about the Jesus Christians trip?
I wonder how the tax payers feel who must fund the Jesus Christians use of the public system without contributing?
I wonder how Joe Average feels hearing some cult takes a luxury trip, doesn't work, yet takes a trip that most working people would be hesitant to waste money on right now? Many families have 2 parents working overtime just to keep a roof over their heads and clothes on their children.

It sure would be cool if some remaining Jesus Christians could answer some questions without becoming defensive and hostile. I know there isn't any hope of expecting Dave to answer politely.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: October 22, 2010 06:41PM

Agur, thanks for expounding things I have been thinking for a while now, regarding Joe and his Family, and touched upon in a recent post of mine. Your passion comes through in your writing. I can't add to that.

I've been thinking about Brian's double-take at my using the word "rave" to describe a post of his. I've been thinking that I use the word all the time, such as in sentences like:

I love having a rave with Julie.
Steve came over, and we had a great rave.

When Agur said something similar about a negative association with it, I thought about it, and I think both Brian and Agur have responded as if I had used the word "rant". A rave is so opposite to a rant.

I hope this explains my use of the word rave?

Date: October 22, 2010 06:56PM

yasmin
Hi Agur, welcome. One of the nice things about this forum is that Mr Ross fully supports everyones right to be anonymous.

By the way, neither Zeuszor nor I are ex members; in fact the only known ex member who currently posts here is Malcolm.
all the best ,Yasmin

Please allow me to ask yasmin for some positive suggestions on how she would go about countering the influence of DM and his cult?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: October 22, 2010 07:13PM

Hey Zeus, just when we were all getting to meet at 4:20, you come out with this curve-ball. Can't you just do it via PM, and get on with the task?

Date: October 22, 2010 08:33PM

I would, but she never replies.

Date: October 22, 2010 08:55PM

It is true that both Hitler and Stalin were both far from complacent, and both did a lot of evil in the world while they were alive. However, you can also argue that they were able to achieve so much evil in the world partially due to the assistance of complacent masses who did nothing to counteract their evil plans.

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Really, Joe? Complacent masses who did nothing to counteract their evil plans, huh? Again, another unconsciously-expressed message to DM?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.