Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 13, 2010 10:15PM

And don't forget the Family's "Blood and Freedom" books. McKay ripped them off as well, along with a lot of other COG/Family material.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 13, 2010 10:42PM

Agur
The sooner the cult falls and Cherry McKay leaves him in the dust, the better for all.

Yes, it would be a true miracle if she were to get away from her husband of 45-odd years.

The JCs have more or less been decimated at this point, and the few remaining full-time members are aboard a quickly sinking Ship of Fools.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2010 10:45PM by zeuszor.

Date: October 14, 2010 12:26AM

After thinking it over carefully, I have decided to make this post.

I just simply want to state that someone associated with the JCs has been making a range of accusations against me, and I just wanted to let people know for the record that NONE of her accusations are true. Zero percent.

Some of the readers of the various forums may believe some of her nonsense, as they often want to believe the worst about me.

It seems that at the moment, she is not planning on going away, now that she has a regular audience.

I know that I am taking a chance on further inflaming her by making this post, but thought that to do so would be for the best.

She is so similar to DM in the way she can misunderstand someone's denial or counter evidence, and believe they are admitting to something.

I guess psychologically this must be, as she and he both have a predisposition to believe whatever track they're on.

Again: all of the accusations she is making about me over there (as well as the ones in her videos) are 100% untrue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 12:27AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Agur ()
Date: October 14, 2010 02:55AM

It's unfortunate that you need to be so cautious in defending yourself against bizarre allegations. People can look at the source and see that this person blames the world for her depressing life. Her extreme assaults on people are well documented on the internet and even McKay accepts that she is very very disturbed. This encouragement and audience she has with McKay could lead her towards actually acting on her hatreds. I wonder if McKay is that far gone that he can’t see his own culpability when he goes out of his way to provide her with information she can use to go after people? Would anyone with any sense of responsibility and decency give a known pedophile the map to some nursery schools? Sure, the person giving the map didn’t commit the crime but they sure helped along someone they knew could. It could well be tragic to see where this fiasco ends up and one can only hope some people are just fat loud windbags and not worse.

Some people have expressed pity for her, because of her obvious issues but sympathy ends when she says the despicable things she says, with plans to cause devastation to actual strangers that have no connection with the Jesus Christians. She seems unable to control her fury and it looks as though she stays up all night stalking the internet and building up these bizarre theories in her mind. I believe she posts based on what she has imagined. McKay has asked her for evidence on occasion, when he fears she goes too far, but when he does ask for proof, she gets very offended and defensive and suddenly reticent to provide any proof at all saying she "can't talk about it". She then moves off to another topic hoping, I guess, that people forget she has never provided proof of her complaints. I don’t think McKay cares if she’s lying because he enjoys seeing the drama and couldn’t care less what happens to her when the authorities end up visiting her and maybe even forcing her into some treatment because there is no way the videos she makes would ever do anything but confirm that this is someone who has lost the plot. It actually might be the best end result for her, to have to deal with her issues head on. Considering the atrocious comments she regularily makes about people, I have no idea why she thinks other forum members wouldn’t respond to her but her style seems to be that she can say what she chooses about anyone, no matter how vile but still she expects no one should dare to react and post comments directed at her. What does she think she is going to get when she trips around the internet creating enemies? Of course she’s going to get negative reactions and comments. If she wants people to leave her alone she should perhaps start by not calling people terrorists, killers, sluts and bastards. Then I might have a little sympathy if she is unjustly attacked but currently I see she +might+ have had a dose of what was coming to her and she doesn’t like it. Again I’ve seen nothing to make me believe anyone has said anything about her but she loves McKay’s attention, it’s served her purpose to play victim so she can have an excuse to go off on her tangents of hate. She seems so unable to grasp the consequences for herself, never mind others, when she goes after people’s personal lives and careers simply to revenge acts and wrongs that I doubt ever took place at all.

McKay is using her as weapon but he knows how that weapon is prone to misfire when things don't go her way so it's evident he has counseled his clan to mollycoddle her so she keeps her mania directed at people that McKay is threatened by or dislikes for whatever reason. He doesn't want more of her videos going up that feature him, as she did last time she felt rejected by McKay. I think she has become obsessed with him personally and the lonely life she has written about now has some male attention in it. How distasteful McKay's wife has to watch him court this depressed woman for the sole purpose of being his weapon.

Cherry McKay strikes me as being beyond caring much about anything as when I have seen her on video she is so flat and so distant. One often sees this body language and lack of facial expression, lack of voice inflection in an abused person. They almost leave their body and mind behind to stop feeling the pain. It's a protection device called +disassociation+ and you can see it in cult members as well, a self protection that kicks in so they can survive. I'm not saying Cherry McKay is physically battered but I think living with McKay would be exhausting and draining. If the way he treats people on his forum, his rages and his belittling is what any man visits upon his wife, then she would be considered abused. Again, I am speaking of any spouse and I have no proof myself that Cherry McKay is abused; I am simply speaking about any spouse that has to live with a bully.

[therapist4me.com]

If you view the videos of the Jesus Christian members you can often see a very flat affectation in their voices. Roland G. was a prime example and many people have posted on the almost robotic affect in numerous Jesus Christians. You can also read it in their posts, with Joe J. being a prime example as he writes replies to parents he has been out of touch with for 4 years yet there is no emotion and no warmth at all. Just a very cold, combative and defensive posture, like he is speaking to total strangers or worse, enemies. You can see how carefully his parents are trying to write, so as not to raise the rancor of McKay and give him any excuse to sabotage the communications.

This is what McKay does to people. He creates enemies, he fosters hate and etrangement. I believe it's because he is so despised himself, he wants everyone else to either despise or be despised so he doesn't stand out as such a lone loser.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 03:14AM by Agur.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: October 14, 2010 11:24PM

I was first made aware of the Jesus Christians after watching and reading various media reports. I decided to look more closely at the group. I visited their website which confirmed everything i had read and watched. The Jesus Christians are a dangerous brainwashing cult. Their leader Dave McKay is a callous, malicious, controlling and manipulative individual.

They encourage people to sell everything they own and to join them in 'working for God'. They are against working for money, instead preferring to beg for donations on street corners, rummaging through bins and cheating the benefits system. Thanks to tax payers money they were recently able to enjoy a luxury cruise for 30 people.

Dave McKay breaks up families. Dave McKay causes division between children and their parents. Parents are a hindrance to Dave McKay. Parents offer a genuine threat to Dave McKay's cult and he will do everything in his power to ensure minimal communication.

The most disturbing story i've read regarding the Jesus Christians would have to be the Joe Johnson story. The Jesus Christians like to target naive teenagers and that's exactly what they did with Joe Johnson. Joe Johnson was a teenager with the world at his feet. He was an intelligent young chap who thrived in the sporting arena. He had the potential to become an NBA player. He had been offered scholarships at several top universities. They first met Joe when he was 16 and continued to secretly meet him behind his parents back right up until the age of 18. During which time they were able to convince Joe to turn his back on everything he'd worked so hard for. Why did they secretly meet him behind the parents back? Because they knew what they were doing was wrong. Once Joe turned 18 he decided to go on a trial week with the Jesus Christians. He in fact stayed with them for 10 days without informing his parents of his whereabouts. Naturally his parents were very worried. They eventually found a note which confirmed their worst fears. After 10 days Joe decided to return to his parents house alongside two middle aged cult members to inform his parents that he'd like to join the Jesus Christians. I can't begin to imagine what Joe's parents must have gone through at this moment. This is a religious cult who had been secretly grooming their son from the age of 16. There was an incident which took place at the house. It was an incident which went through the courts. The matter was dealt with in the court of law and then again in Dave McKay's kangaroo court. This however was not the end of it. Joe decided to completely turn his back on his family. A mother and father who had done absolutely everything for their son. This is the power of mind control. This is the sort of control Dave McKay has over his followers. He's able to convince his followers to turn their back on their loved ones, all in the name of 'god' of course. Anyone who has read the Jesus Christians website will notice the two Johnson's threads, one for Joe and his parents and one for 'third parties'. The main Johnson thread really is a heartbreaking read. It shows a brainwashed young man communicating with his parents as if he's communicating with the devil. The third party thread is a platform for Dave and his followers to control and manipulate the whole situation. Every post the Johnson's make is negatively analyzed. Joe comes across like a brainwashed zombie. It's as if he's speaking through the cult leader McKay. 18 years of family life thrown out window and all in favour of a brainwashing cult. I certainly don't blame Joe. They were able to get their claws in at a very young and naive age. I just hope one day Joe wakes up and sees McKay for the conman that he is. Many of his followers have eventually seen the light and left the cult so there is hope yet.

Date: October 15, 2010 04:29AM

Don't know if anybody saw the chat Alf posted on the JC forum? I thought that the lady he was chatting with gave him some good responses and knew how to handle him. He obviously doesn't think so, but I think she has had some training for sure.

[jesus-teachings.com]

All David ever did was elbow his way into the forefront, try and take credit for other people's labors and talk as if he were the one who did all the work.

Just like David Berg pimped sex with the FF-ing, David McKay similarly pimps spare organs and thinly-disguised and unoriginal, derivative books.

Instead of pimping women, his version of creating a "living sacrifice" is in pimping kidneys, liver lobes, and eggs.

He hijacks established movements and others' ideas; once a given group of people gets wise to him, he simply moves on and finds a new group to feed from, a new host to leech off of, so to speak.

He was doing it with the Quakers, then he tried the Freegan thing, and now he's going for the anti-microchip "movement."

Always trying to be a part of some movement or other.

He's been trying to outdo Billy Graham and be some great man of God all his life.

The best he's been able to do put the Church down as a bunch of hypocrites and liars, and ride on the coattails of others' works and successes.

No more though; that is over now.

He is ruthless, shameless, a man without empathy or conscience, a pathologically destructive and malignant individual.

He is a parasite of the lowest order.

He is a damnable snake.

He is evil.

Nobody will miss him when he leaves his body except for the people in his group and a handful of others.

If one wanted to help try and make the world a better place, then one would be better off joining Greenpeace, Food Not Bombs, or the damn Army rather than joining the Jesus Christians.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 04:40AM by zeuszor.

Date: October 15, 2010 06:43PM

Apollo
After 10 days Joe decided to return to his parents house alongside two middle aged cult members to inform his parents that he'd like to join the Jesus Christians.
This is not entirely accurate, Apollo. Joe J. was not accompained that day by two "middle aged" cult members. One of the two would have been about forty at the time, and the other was actually 28 years old, hardly middle-aged. Everything else you wrote above is accurate though.

And Joe was not the only teen that DM had been courting in 2006. That was a busy year for DM. They got two other kids on the West Coast that year, too, both of whom are now out. Joe was recruited in CA, the other two in OR. All three were barely 18 years old when they joined.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 06:52PM by zeuszor.

Date: October 15, 2010 10:04PM

What is most shocking to me is how badly he treats new visitors to the site. He attacks for no reason at all acting as though these people are all after him some how.

- Agur

Dear Agur,

I think that David has been "traumatized" by badly he was taken in by Peter Strong, and in consequence to having his "soul" revealed (e.g. he regrets having relinquished "official leadership" to Joe and Alf, and disapproves of Caseys' "independence") he has became ultra-paranoid...hence makes a point of "asserting himself" immediately....(..no more Mr "Nice Guy" routine....).....

I have heard the arrogant nonsense asserted by one or the other of the JC's that "You can't offend a sheep" (..those that are truly "receptive" to the message, will not be offended by "correction).... a self important assertion of the psychotic.... but presumably all part of David's "rationale"...

I have actually already posited that David's death would be the cathartic event in the course of events...however well before his physical demise, it appears that possibly he will be so demented, that as you have suggested, perhaps even his cowering minions will feel obliged to distance themselves, from him as far as they possibly can....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 10:28PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: October 15, 2010 10:16PM

While I agree with you Zeusor, (..and your earlier comments, Apollo)...

....I can still remember an impressive individual that I once met on the campus of Melbourne University, by the name of David McKay, who had the courage to question the "interpretation" of the Gospel, that was widely promulgated by the Churches....a warm and supportive individual, with a gentle wisdom and a sincere conviction....Yes the "roots" of the problem, must have existed then (and I was too immature at 19 to perceive them)..... but I still acknowledge that there was a "good side" to McKay at one time, that in many ways is still influential in my outlook on life....

....even if, to all extent and purposes, the good "Dr Jekyll" that I once knew, has now, long, long since utterly died out to "Mr Hyde"......

It was a wild, wild "ride"....a long, long time ago....[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 16, 2010 12:52AM

zeuszor
Don't know if anybody saw the chat Alf posted on the JC forum? I thought that the lady he was chatting with gave him some good responses and knew how to handle him. He obviously doesn't think so, but I think she has had some training for sure.

[jesus-teachings.com]

This person was not aware that her "private" chat had been posted online and edited to bits. But she is now!

Fantastic. Another person who will be more informed about this group.

Malcolm Wesley WREST
While I agree with you Zeusor, (..and your earlier comments, Apollo)...

....I can still remember an impressive individual that I once met on the campus of Melbourne University, by the name of David McKay, who had the courage to question the "interpretation" of the Gospel, that was widely promulgated by the Churches....a warm and supportive individual, with a gentle wisdom and a sincere conviction....Yes the "roots" of the problem, must have existed then (and I was too immature at 19 to perceive them)..... but I still acknowledge that there was a "good side" to McKay at one time, that in many ways is still influential in my outlook on life....

....even if, to all extent and purposes, the good "Dr Jekyll" that I once knew, has now, long, long since utterly died out to "Mr Hyde"......

It was a wild, wild "ride"....a long, long time ago....[www.youtube.com]

Those were the days, huh Mal?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2010 12:58AM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.