Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 21, 2010 10:34AM

Was David Berg a fat guy with a beard whose acolytes wore white robes when they visited a campus to evangelize for him back in the 1970's?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 21, 2010 10:36AM

No, Berg was the founder and leader of the Children of God/Family, and is/was one of David McKay's biggest influences.

Date: June 21, 2010 11:18AM

SO, the question on everyone's lips, Malcolm, is why did you call Oerlikon "Zeuszor"?

Dear "Kevin",

I have unfortunately misremembered titles of authors on a number of occasions....one reason for this is that I happen to often only read in detail the actual page in which I post....and all the preceding pages I just "skim" (at best)...(the other reason being that my postings are often made in the early hours of the morning when the children are asleep)...I DO try to remain faithful to the thought that was expressed at the time however, even if I'm not always completely accurate in relation to the author....If you can point out where I have MISREPRESENTED what some actually said (and not simply confused contributers).....I will feel genuinely "reprimanded"....otherwise...I may not!

....this is a "policy" that I also have in relation to the writings of the old goat himself on the JC page.....I have not read a SINGLE (long-winded) posting of his, in it's entire length, in years....that's why I actually miss quite a few of the more choice lies that he comes to make.....McKay is just so much "meat" now....there's nothing there, to "save" or "negotiate" with....I simply "pick and choose" a little, out of the voluminous shit he produces....I rarely take the time to go through it, in any detail.....

(...like the excreta that still remains in a corpse....has a medical term,....you can look up it up....it's not a field that I intend to "specialize" in....)

The postings on this thread are in my opinion,

only to dissuade others who may be seriously considering throwing away their lives to the man,

NOT to do so!

...as McKay lies poorly and repetitively....I feel that there is ample "material" to choose from, with which to discredit him......

Mistakes with names and (seriously!) less than "comprehensive" analysis...

You many find the company of the "professionals" on the xjc site more fitting to your expectations....

Date: June 21, 2010 11:25AM

Thanks for correcting that, Mal.

"I am Valentin Gregorievich Mironov and I am free."

(Not off-topic; long-time followers of this thread will understand the above quote.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 11:31AM by zeuszor.

Date: June 21, 2010 12:31PM

It is curious that Brian is convinced the Jim Roberts group, with whom Dave had a brief and contentious encounter with in 1990 is such a major influence that he mentions it in his one page fact sheet, but then dismisses any relevance to the 12 Tribes communities.

I was amoung the JCs who visited their community in Strathfield regularly over several months circa 1997. Boyd lived and worked with them for several weeks and their leader, Yonak visited the JCs in the Baulkham Hills house where he had a little toe-to-toe with Dave telling him what a failure he was. I believe apostate recounted the temper tantrum Yonak had during one of their meals when he didn't like the food that had been served up to him.

At the time Dave opposed Yonak as an empire builder, but there is probably a stronger case for suggesting that the community restructure that occurred less than a year later was influenced by that encounter. That involved Dave removing himself from living directly with the teams, and becoming the touring executive. Don't know much about the attempt to run a restaurant in Kenya, but one could even link that to 12 Tribe M.O.

Personally, I can see traces of many different groups that Dave encountered over the years.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

Actually, the factsheet was two pages in length, but I am not going to distribute it anymore, after all.

Wow. That's good stuff, Kevin. Thank you. With respect,
B

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 12:39PM by zeuszor.

Date: June 21, 2010 09:40PM

"Dsm, you explain your concern that between a blogger who is pro-Palestinian, those who imagine they are rebuilding the 12 tribes of Israel, the homophobic Westboro Baptists, the red-neck militias, the Hebrew Israelites who believe God is black, the white supremacists, and the JCs there is a common system and some greater evil lurking:
dsm
...something far more sinister seems to be just out of sight, just barely out of sight, in the common system of these cult-daddies.
And then you describe those who fail to share your concerns.
dsm
It is like sitting in a room full of loud brawling relatives while trying to listen for the baby's cry from another room...
...analogies escape me! The McCarthy era comes to mind.

Perhaps you need to take a chill pill and find a nice, quiet corner where you can work out who the "baby" is and what the lurking evil is that it seems only you can discern, and then determine what YOU are going to do about it.

You had mentioned the effect being more important than the intent and how the ignorant farmer who provides fertilizer to the bomb makers is just as culpable as the perpetrators themselves.

On that level I think you need to see how paranoia feeds paranoia.

Now THERE is the "Lucifer effect" that Dr Zimbardo exposed!"

Please do not flood this thread with conspiracy theories and matters peripheral to the Jesus Christians, "Australian cult," and Dave McKay.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 09:42PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 21, 2010 10:16PM

dsm:

This thread is not about Fred Phelps, Westboro Baptist Church or Twelve Tribes.

There are other threads to discuss those topics.

Please exclusively focus on Dave McKay and his group "Jesus Christians" here and not other subject.

Also, the discussion of who is or is not a "terrorist" should be dropped.

Enough has been said about that.

Date: June 22, 2010 04:21AM

[www.mp3-codes.com]

Wow, I'm thinking about downloading it and making this song my new ringtone...on second thought though, I'll pass.

Date: June 22, 2010 05:44AM

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Of course, if we asked Brina for the name and place where he is/was receiving medical treatment for his mental illness, so that we could speak to his doctors personally about the best way to interact with him, I'm sure he would feel that was a violation of his privacy.

I wonder how he would feel if we did some investigating of our own to find that information? Perhaps it's all in the "public domain" as he so often likes to quote when posting private information about JC's on public hate forums.

Nope, I would not feel it a violation of my privacy at all, Casey. In fact, please DO call them; they'd love to hear from you, I am sure. I'd give you the phone number myself, but posting contact info here is a violation of the forum rules. I'm sure you could figure it out, though, and it'd be easy enough for you to find the number anyway. I was never in any mental hospital, and have posted here as to exactly where I was receiving counseling for a year. No need for me to post it again. Heck, it'd be good for you to meet and speak with MH, and perhaps you can receive counseling there yourself, once you leave the JCs. You're going to need it.

Date: June 22, 2010 12:18PM

rrmoderator
dsm:
Please exclusively focus on Dave McKay and his group "Jesus Christians" here and not other subject.

What do your paranoiac ramblings here have to do with the Jesus Christians or Dave McKay?

This is the same person who thinks that eBay is a multilevel marketing cult, that the JCs are jihadists, and that Westboro Baptist Church and the Twelve Tribes are somehow related.

This one seems to be coming unglued.

OK. Have a nice life, dsm.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 12:38PM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.