Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: June 21, 2010 02:01AM

Thanks zeuszor.

We may be witnessing a rare event...the slow, painful death of a weird cult...right before our eyes...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 21, 2010 02:03AM

Sparky
Thanks zeuszor.

We may be witnessing a rare event...the slow, painful death of a weird cult...right before our eyes...

You are welcome, Sparky.

What else can I tell any of you about the JCs? What did I leave out? What else might some of you want to know about them?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 21, 2010 02:06AM

May we continue, or are we all banned, like on Dave's Forum? I was just getting warmed up!

Date: June 21, 2010 02:07AM

Yes, we have worked hard for this.

Date: June 21, 2010 02:09AM

Sparky
.the slow, painful death of a weird cult...right before our eyes.

I like that!

Date: June 21, 2010 02:20AM

I'd like to hear Oerlikon's thoughts on this. I wonder if he's busy right now?

Date: June 21, 2010 02:40AM

In fact he has been strangely silent. Now why could that be?

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 21, 2010 03:03AM

Zeuszor, thank you for the detailed notes about your involvement with the Twelve Tribes, which apparently is not McKay-related at all.

May I ask what motivates you to so openly go into other cults, whether or not they are related to the cult you exitted?

Professional cult investigators generally avoid membership. If they go into a cult to observe it on behalf of a client, they of course would not be posting about that activity, and they don't keep going back unless they are on a rescue assignement seeking someone, and they don't do it alone. If they go into a cult just out of general curiousity, then they are showing that they believe they are invulnerable to mind control tactics within that setting, which of course every professional knows is not true.

The point of gathering knowledge about specific cults, beyond personal recovery, is to be prepared to ask the right questions whenever a cult member attempts to recruit a loved one or attempts to subvert an existing social group. One does not have to go into a guest/membership role in order to gather that kind of knowledge.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 21, 2010 03:26AM

dsm
Zeuszor, thank you for the detailed notes about your involvement with the Twelve Tribes, which apparently is not McKay-related at all.

May I ask what motivates you to so openly go into other cults, whether or not they are related to the cult you exitted?

Professional cult investigators generally avoid membership. If they go into a cult to observe it on behalf of a client, they of course would not be posting about that activity, and they don't keep going back unless they are on a rescue assignement seeking someone, and they don't do it alone. If they go into a cult just out of general curiousity, then they are showing that they believe they are invulnerable to mind control tactics within that setting, which of course every professional knows is not true.

The point of gathering knowledge about specific cults, beyond personal recovery, is to be prepared to ask the right questions whenever a cult member attempts to recruit a loved one or attempts to subvert an existing social group. One does not have to go into a guest/membership role in order to gather that kind of knowledge.

You are welcome. No, the JCs share little to nothing in common with the Tribes. Not McKay-related at all.

If you want to learn more about the Tribes and their belief system, I wrote a veritable wiki article on them here:

[jcs.xjcs.org]

What motivates me to do what I do is not the topic of this thread. I do not mind telling you all about it, but let's chat about that via FB. OK?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 03:32AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: dwest ()
Date: June 21, 2010 08:34AM

zeuszor
dsm

You are welcome. No, the JCs share little to nothing in common with the Tribes. Not McKay-related at all.

If you want to learn more about the Tribes and their belief system, I wrote a veritable wiki article on them here:

[jcs.xjcs.org]

What motivates me to do what I do is not the topic of this thread. I do not mind telling you all about it, but let's chat about that via FB. OK?

Would you consider starting another thread on the Tribes. I'd be very interested in them. Also, it never hurts to get another thread on a cult so when someone does a Google search Rick Ross's thread comes up!

Thanks for considering my request.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.