Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 21, 2010 01:42AM

So are you sure you and Oerlikon don't inhabit the same skin?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 21, 2010 01:44AM

There is a Twelve Tribes cult up in New England. Do they have anything to do with McKay? Do they share any important "doctrines" that affect their daily lives with the McKay cult?

I ask this question because the direction in which a cult leader pushes his followers is related to those doctrines that affect their daily relationships. Former members of one cult can easily feed another cult if they do not understand the full picture of what happened in their first cult experience. McKay is not the problem in the McKay cult. The entire group dynamic is the problem. That is what a successfully-exitted ex-member needs to understand.

[en.wikipedia.org])

So, since I have a lot of relatives up in the Boston area and I have been hearing about this 12-tribes cult, I want to know if there are any similarities.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 21, 2010 01:45AM

I've answered your question already. Give it a rest and stay on topic.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: June 21, 2010 01:46AM

I doubt very much that zeuszor and Oerlikon are one and the same.

This would be a violation of the posting rights and rrmoderator would have banned him/them long ago. What would be the purpose? This is a fairly active board and this thread in particular so there is no need to "gin up" the activity.

Back on topic, how large are the Jesus Christians currently? Are they growing or shrinking in size as of this date. With their abusive floggings/canings and the need to donate a kidney it seems this group MUST be small.

Are they confined to Australia or have they "branched out" to N.Z. and other countries?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 01:49AM by Sparky.

Date: June 21, 2010 01:47AM

But did you answer it truthfully?

Oh Twelve Tribes, now there's a diversion...

Date: June 21, 2010 01:50AM

dsm
There is a Twelve Tribes cult up in New England. Do they have anything to do with McKay? Do they share any important "doctrines" that affect their daily lives with the McKay cult?

I ask this question because the direction in which a cult leader pushes his followers is related to those doctrines that affect their daily relationships. Former members of one cult can easily feed another cult if they do not understand the full picture of what happened in their first cult experience. McKay is not the problem in the McKay cult. The entire group dynamic is the problem. That is what a successfully-exitted ex-member needs to understand.

[en.wikipedia.org])

So, since I have a lot of relatives up in the Boston area and I have been hearing about this 12-tribes cult, I want to know if there are any similarities.

Not much similarity to the JCs, no.

The Twelve Tribes are a very high-control, totalistic and destructive group, or a "cult" if you prefer.

I have personally spent a good deal of time among this group (participant/observer for research purposes) and know them pretty well.

Further, I have visited and spent time in four different Tribes communities in two different states and have been to a couple of their weddings.

I have been to their communities in Hyannis, Boston, and Plymouth, as well as their farm in CA.

So I could tell you all about this group if any of you have specific questions. Basically, I'd characterize the group as being a cross between the Hutterites and a hippieish, Rainbow Family type group. Hippie Hutterites.

...they are a classic study of how a group begins with the best of intentions but, over time, evolves into something far different than what was originally intended. The "apostle" of the group, Elbert Eugene Spriggs, essentially has a "direct pipeline" to God and no real accountability. This is a very dangerous combination in any situation.

Does this remind anybody of somebody we know? Oh yeah, that statement could apply equally well to David McKay!

[neirr.org]

Date: June 21, 2010 01:50AM

They have expanded all over the world. They are active in almost every shopping center you might visit, handing out their vile copies of "Survivors" - it should all be pulped for recycling....

Date: June 21, 2010 01:54AM

Sparky

This would be a violation of the posting rights and rrmoderator would have banned him/them long ago. What would be the purpose? This is a fairly active board and this thread in particular so there is no need to "gin up" the activity.

Back on topic, how large are the Jesus Christians currently? Are they growing or shrinking in size as of this date. With their abusive floggings/canings and the need to donate a kidney it seems this group MUST be small.

Are they confined to Australia or have they "branched out" to N.Z. and other countries?

I answered her question already. Now she's just beating a dead horse. And TDP again; they are not in just about every shopping center you might visit.

The JCs presently consist of less than two dozen members who operate in semi-autonomous cells in the United States, Kenya, Australia, and the UK.

They have shrunk by about one-third in the last four years. That is to say, in the summer of 2006 they were about 35 or so in number, and now they are down to about 22.

What we have been doing appears to be working, in the sense that they are shrinking, not growing.

The Dude Abides!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 01:56AM by zeuszor.

Date: June 21, 2010 02:01AM

Sparky

This would be a violation of the posting rights and rrmoderator would have banned him/them long ago. What would be the purpose?

You'd think so, wouldn't you. Yet Oerlikon seems strangely quiet in all of this......?

David McKay's distribution seems to get no income tax on the earnings. How can that be?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 21, 2010 02:01AM

Here we go again with petty bickering and off topic comments.

First step may be to take away pre-approved status.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.