Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: new2this ()
Date: June 12, 2010 08:12PM

Hello...donating kidneys!! Is this normal to you? Why not just cut off your arm and give it to the nearest amputee? When you start talking about removing body parts for fundraising you go far beyond the bounds of normalicy. Why doesn't this make sense to you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: June 12, 2010 08:19PM

blackhat
I can understand the Jesus Christians being alarmed at Brian's response to my goading him, and I believe it showed a great gulf between Brian and others who are concerned about the Jesus Christians for legitimate, measured reasons.

Why were his replies in this exchange so shocking to you, and are you saying that zeuszor is concenred about the cult for illegitimate, unevaluated reasons? And why were you goading him?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 08:20PM by Oerlikon.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 12, 2010 09:07PM

Why were his replies in this exchange so shocking to you, and are you saying that zeuszor is concenred about the cult for illegitimate, unevaluated reasons? And why were you goading him?

1.Why were his replies in this exchange so shocking to you....Well, I actually thought that he would see the ridiculous situation of someone in another country reporting a vehicle siting to him (he had previously posted vehicle registration numbers on this forum) and I thought he would get how silly it was if I sent him a bogus siting, and asked him what to do about it. The rest is history.

2. Are you saying that zeuszor is concenred (sic) about the cult for illegitimate, unevaluated reasons? No.

3. And why were you goading him? Because everyone else had run away.

Oh, hang on, this thread is about the Jesus Christians...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 09:19PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: June 12, 2010 11:42PM

I wish Zeuszor well, and think his idea of a break is a good one.Sometimes taking time for perspective to develop is a helpful thing.
And Overlikon it is my personal opinion that bringing him up constantly on this board is not being helpful.
I hope however that you are indeed being supportive and helpful to him, as a friend should be, off this board.
You have indicated in the past that you don't believe some people should be criticized on this board.Perhaps it is a courtesy you might consider extending more broadly?

re what Zeuszor said,about reporting sitings, there was without doubt an unintentional humor to it.I am surprised you missed it..
Perhaps a quick run through of a supposed call would be in order;

Caller; Hi I am calling to report a siting of a white (vehicle id info)

Police; thank you sir, a stolen vehicle is it?

Caller ; no, but it was being driven by Mr McKay

Police; ah, wanted man is he?

Caller :no
Police (confused) performing an illegal action was he?

Caller; oh no, he was buying groceries.

Policeman; so you called to tell us you saw a man buying groceries, driving his own car.

Caller; Yes. I thought you needed to know.

Policeman, carefully filing report next to Mrs Jones report of fairies stealing her flowers for the third time this week, "I see sir."

I am not saying the above to give Zeuszor a hard time; I think he gets very caught up in things sometimes and does not see the forest for the trees. And Zeuszor, if you read this, I am hoping that things are going well for you,and you are doing some fun things that have nothing to do with cults for a little while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 12:00AM by yasmin.

Date: June 13, 2010 12:47AM

It has been established that the McKays have been committing welfare fraud for many years, and they went into hiding once evidence of their illegal activities in that respect began to come to light. Do you think that Centrelink, for example, might like to ask them a few questions? What about the Australian taxation authorities?

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: June 13, 2010 09:19AM

Hi dsm,

The whole whipping thing was indeed a disgrace but it revealed that his group is heavily influenced by one man. What is so disgusting is the fact that McKay could never admit that it was a horrible mistake. It further typifies his arrogant and foolish attitude. He lost a tremendous amount of credibility, and respect of the public. What he used to inflict emotional harm to others has turned against him. People lost total respect for McKay and his followers. He took a violent act and attempted to exploit it but he was the one who fell villain to his own ploy. The great strategist got so caught up in his pride that he opened himself up to the world to see his fragmented personality disorder. He is indeed a desperate old man who refuses to change. The world has pity on him because he is his worse enemy.

Date: June 13, 2010 07:44PM

....this was an isolated effort to cope with a truly horrific attack on one of their members that was followed up by a truly horrible refusal of the police to bring the attackers to justice.

Dear DSM,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this thread....David McKay specifically requested that my own contribution to the Jeremy Kyle show (a taped message, played at the opening of the program) be specifically deleted from the program that was ultimately aired (although the studio audience of course heard it).....McKay persistently abuses claims of "procedural justice" (for HIMSELF) in attempts to thwart the views of his critics being given more wider air time...

When I first joined the JesusChristians....I actually donated my "life savings" (not a great deal, as I was a simple student at the time) to a charity....behaviour that the JC literature claimed they championed....imagine my surprise to learn how disappointed David was when he learned I had done as much, during my first few days in the communitys' (then) headquarters in Tallangatta, Victoria ....David of course actually despising Christs' command to the young man to sell what he has and give to the poor......and wanting no less than that I donate everything I have to him (NOT to be "held in common" as Acts 2:44-5 states....but to "held at Davids' pleasure in accounts he controlled".....I just (ever so wrongly!) put it down as a minor foible on his part....

David did get his revenge however, organizing a "home visit" for me on one occasion so that he and the other JesusChristians present could ransack my home of anything I possessed......literally going in one, after another to take whatever they could, place it in the van we were travelling in at the time. for it be sold off in order to raise whatever cash could McKay could make out of it for "the cause" (David of course point out to me that I had not truly "forsaken all" while I still had possessions in my own name).....this all took place under the despairing eyes of my parents.....David rubbing their nose in the fact that he "had " me now....and that they no longer did...I again fortunate that as a student, largely all I really owned were books of one nature or another....

When you describe the "truly horrific attack" on Reinehardt......could you be specific about the injuries which Reinehardt suffered (and are you aware of the fun run that he participated in, in less a month later, which exposes McKays "alleged injuries" as the gross exaggerations that they are.....and an event which McKay makes absolutely no mention of....Liesel and Brian, probably not aware at the time of the program being braodcast, of this event).....and that "horrible refusal" of the police to bring the attackers "to justice" was in the course of a home invasion (similar to what I experienced.....however Joe Johnsons father just that tiny little bit less able to restrain his feelings than my own father) and that the American legal system has further vindicated the Johnson family (David of course attempting to wring whatever cash he could out of the situation by privately suing a father, who only reacted out of frustrated love for his son,....my own fathe,r probably only just, not doing exactly the same!)

....by ALSO placing a restraining order ON Reinehardt (he is not to go anywhere near the Johnson home)....a gentleman who had already been thrown out of the States by the US Immigration Dept. for working (selling McKay's literature to raise funds for the JC's) on a visitor visa.....McKay, naturally enough, routinely flouting whatever immigration Law prevents him sending his "newsboys" out across the word....

Does any of that put McKays' "protestations of innocence"

perhaps, in a slightly different light?

EVERY word that comes out of God forsaken McKays' mouth

is calculated to win him "sympathy", "attention" or cold hard cash!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 07:46PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

National Geographic documentary The Second Coming
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: June 14, 2010 02:09AM

Thought you guys might like to know about this-

On Wed, June 16 National Geographic is broadcasting a documentary called The Second Coming. They are profiling three people who claim to be Christ. It should be very interesting to compare with McKay.

The Second Coming National Geographic documentary

From the National Geographic website:

For the love of God

Some people have a calling to grow up and achieve monetary and material success, others desire to help the world, and others believe that Jesus was the one and only savior of the world and their calling is to spread the Gospel. While many Christians are very strong with their faith, meet these three men who believe they have a serious relationship with Jesus.

Vissarion, "Jesus of Siberia"
• Vissarion was in a construction unit of the Soviet army from ages 18 to 20. He took a job as a night shift traffic cop in 1985.
• In 1991, with the collapse of the Soviet Union, the Military was in total disarray. With their pay and self-esteem at rock bottom, many military personnel were at a crossroads of their lives, looking for something such as religion. It was during this transitional period that Vissarion and his followers first established the Church of the Last Testament in Siberia.
• The birth of Vissarion's Church of the Last Testament was far from easy. In the 1990s, devotees were reported to have died, either by suicide or due to the harsh living conditions and lack of medical care.
• Residents of the Abode of Dawn were plagued by ticks and other biting insects and many have been infected with Lyme disease. Vissarion’s ministry includes writing letters to people outside his following, with some including addresses to conservationists, former Russian President Putin, and even to the Muslim world.

David Shayler
• Before he claimed he was the Messiah, David Shayler made several disclosures about MI5, Britain’s domestic secret service, leading to his eventual imprisonment.
• In 2007, David Shayler claimed in an interview with a British news program that a psychic who channeled the spirit of Mary Magdalene had anointed him as the Messiah.
• In July 2009, David Shayler revealed a new alter ego, one that claims the world will end in 2010.

Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy, Appointed Son of God
• Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy was born April 25, 1950, in a small village in the foothills of Mt. Apo, in the Philippines. He was the youngest of nine children and claims to have heard the voice of God in dreams many times in childhood.
• Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy claims to have started preaching in the 1970s, becoming so good he was dubbed "the preaching machine.”
• On April 9, 2000 Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy began work at a college to operate within the grounds of his Jesus Christ compound in Davao City, Philippines. Today, Jose Maria College offers education from preschool, right through to college graduation, with Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy as President.

Read More

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: June 14, 2010 06:36AM

Hi dsm,

The story stinks and it brings shame and dishonor to the cult. They sued the Johnson's, tried to falsely imprison them, and they even tried to get restraining orders against Joe's parents. From what I understand they received an enormous settlement . So much for turning the other cheek, as Jesus commanded his followers to do.

Date: June 14, 2010 10:28AM

[jesus-teachings.com]
sue
Yeah, I have had a few people on the street this week ask me if I was on Jeremy Kyle, and then hand the book or DVD back when I said yes. One lady asked if I was still with the same people" and when I said "yes" she handed the DVD back and walked off. Gee! If I met someone I disagreed with from the TV on the street, I would just LOVE to tell them why I disagreed with them, or at least question them. But instead, people don't seem to want to even discuss anything with us when they disagree, they just run away.

I'm very disappointed in what appears to be a very un-thinking or un-questioning attitude amongst so many people here in the UK. I guess that's why Jeremy Kyle type shows are so popular, because people don't have to think, they just boo or applaud when told to by the crowd controllers.

Even Jeremy Kyle was being told what to say and what to do by his superiors, as he had an ear piece and someone was directing him from offstage. Jeremy was just a pretty face who "helped" his producers make a lot of money!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.