Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 29, 2010 12:08AM

Here's an appropriate and JC-related feelgood song:

[www.youtube.com]

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle!

Soon my country will be observing the Memorial Day holiday, and I am going out of town for a few days.

I'm not going to mess with the forums during my vacation, but will check my email if you care to write me.

See you later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 29, 2010 12:45AM

That's the way!

Have a great break....

Date: May 30, 2010 08:45AM

An adled mind concerns intself with peripherals issues of semantics....
(and I must say that I prefer the poetry of the original, authorized translation)...

[www.jesuschristians.com]

Maybe I have missed something in the original Greek (or Hebrew?), but it strikes me that it was some wishful thinking on the part of a few translators that caused people to change The Lord's Prayer to give the impression that God is encouraging us to pray for a soft life, and escape from all trials and tribulations. Kind of an extension of the pre-tribulation rapture teaching, and a convenient backdrop for the health and wealth teaching.

I'm sorry if this interpretation of that part of The Lord's Prayer is not as consoling as the more widely accepted interpretation. But if it is correct, I should think that it will cause us to grow more spiritually, and to have a greater confidence that we really are praying as Jesus instructed us to pray... in which case, we have a much greater chance of actually being delivered from evil... including the evil of convenient doctrines which pander to our flesh.

David McKay 12th May

While the generalizations(which David seeks to sell as his "unique insights"), are innocuous enough, the self important idiocy of the man becomes more (unintentionally) revealed, when we read him discussing the "original Greek(or Hebrew?)"...not a word o which David could in fact, actually read, or the "wishful thinking on the part of a few translators.....David is engaging in his usual practice of "reductionism" here....

Here.....attempting to "equate" the standing of his own self important ideas with those of qualified professionals, as all just so much "opinion"..... a tactic he has stooped to for decades....

The issue here certainly is not whether the "more widely TRANSLATION" (not interpretation....this is a loaded word deliberately employed by David to then lend more weight to David' little " interpretation") is more "consoling"

The issue is, whether or not the translation is ACCURATE...

No where, in any reading, is David's "interpretation" of the Lords' Prayer....of any comparable consequence whatosever!

As is his wont, David prostitutes the scriptural record, belittlling it where he may, for the purposes of his own self-promotion

The principle of self grandiose vanity, we see displayed here.....likely the root of the the wider biblical fraud he perpetrates...

Date: May 30, 2010 09:13AM

After all the wild parties, the vivacious hedonism that one can almost imbibe, the countless nubile woman in thong bikinis' in the streets and beaches of the city as it throbs to Carnivale, Ronnie Biggs, (The mastermind of the Great Train Robbery), eventually just wanted to return to England to die....

Hence, as his empire crumbles, it would not surprise me to see more of "friendly" and "co-operative" David appear....his time in this world is drawing to a close....David would like to indulge once again in the normalcy of children and grandchildren (opportunities he of course continues to continue to deny to those in his retinue....members of the JesusChristians may not marry, as that would threaten to upset the distribution quotas....the immediate (non JC )family of the serfs are not granted "access" to their children unless the agree not to question the psychological imprisonment of their children...)

David wanting to have, (and of course bemoans to the world that he deserves to have) what he routinely denies to others....

I would though be a little encouraged to see this behaviour on David's part however...

There is of course NO "good" David.....only "weak" David......ALL the "plesantries" and "polite enquiries" about his health that have been directed to him by certain others have had not a WHIT more influence than the "nasty" comments made on the RR site....

Old age and the physical contraction of his empire motivates David to "re-engage" ...indeed to ."smile winsomely" at his adversaries....He has not changed whatsoever, there has been no modification of his behaviour, no repentance or remorse....

But "co-operative" David, as he starts to slowly appear DOES have a message!....
He is telling us that he perceives that he is ""weak"...thus he will now use guile to get what he wants.

David would like to continue to be feted by those still trapped in his (diminishing) empire AND access politely behaving sons and grand children on demand....

.....and enjoy the gentile life of a retired criminal.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: May 30, 2010 09:31PM

After all the wild parties, the vivacious hedonism that one can almost imbibe, the countless nubile woman in thong bikinis' in the streets and beaches of the city as it throbs to Carnivale.....

You clearly missed your calling...

Date: May 31, 2010 07:24AM

malcolm wesley wrest
There is of course NO "good" David.....only "weak" David......ALL the "plesantries" and "polite enquiries" about his health that have been directed to him by certain others have had not a WHIT more influence than the "nasty" comments made on the RR site....

Old age and the physical contraction of his empire motivates David to "re-engage" ...indeed to ."smile winsomely" at his adversaries....He has not changed whatsoever, there has been no modification of his behaviour, no repentance or remorse....

But "co-operative" David, as he starts to slowly appear DOES have a message!....
He is telling us that he perceives that he is ""weak"...thus he will now use guile to get what he wants.

David would like to continue to be feted by those still trapped in his (diminishing) empire AND access politely behaving sons and grand children on demand....

.....and enjoy the gentile life of a retired criminal.

With respect to authority issues, the JCs are trained to be anti "Roman" and so even after leaving are anti-involvement with authorities, or perceived authorities. Many were anti-authority even before they joined. Therefore they will not co-operate with Government or otherwise official investigations.

They think they are being fair, ethical, etc but they are being manipulated. It's all about control and nothing about dialog with McKay.

Posted by: blacksheep ()
Date: June 01, 2010 12:09AM

I know I've been away for a while. However, I wanted to log in today to wish everyone here a happy memorial day.

I should note, however, that my main reason for logging in was a surprise I found when checking my e-mail this morning. It is my custom to check my spam folder as my filters can sometimes be a bit too aggressive. One item it caught, and the first time I've seen one of these in a long while, was a Jesus Christians newsletter. I did take the time to read it, if out of mere curiousity. Seems they are getting ready to have a reunion someplace in Australia. The newsletter is quite careful not to reveal where, but it seems to involve a cruise amongst other things. I would suggest anyone in Australia be ready for a possible conflict between the JCs and the local authorities as they tend to, as noted in zeusors post, stand in opposition to most authority other than thier own.

Now, regarding the Lord's Prayer. I have read it in Greek and Latin. There is nothing in the original language to even hint towards what McKay seems to say about wishful thinking on the part of the translators. Rather, it would seem that how the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther understood it (he too having studied the original languages) is the most accurate. In like manner, how it has been translated is consistent with the wording as found in both the Greek and Latin sources that are available. The Gothic Bible (also known as the Wuliffa Bible from the 4th century) also lends support to the authenticy of our present translation. Hence, it is McKay's interpretation that is wrong, not the text itself. However, it would seem that classical theological scholarship is not a high priority with the JCs. If it were, I suspect that they would find themselves in conflict with themselves. Classical theology can, will, and does, consistently refute McKay. Two classical theologians of the twentieth century that McKay would certainly have taken issue with are Plueger and Hallesby. Hallesby in particular would certainly have buried McKay with regards to his interpretation of the Lord's Prayer, and Hallesby does discuss the Lord's Prayer in his book on prayer.

Any rate, hope everyone has a good day. I am working on finishing up my last thee courses towards my Bachelor of Theology and a syllabus for a course Church Finance. I will check in once in a while. However, posts will be infrequent. I'm just surprised that I even got a copy of that newsletter as I am certain that I did unsubscribe.

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: June 01, 2010 02:15AM

Hello,

I wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day. I truly believe that nothing just happens. You take a young bright enthusiastic young person in the servitude of Dave Mc Kay. It's pretty sad and despicable to witness someone so valuable wearing a garment of deception. It is finally time that I speak out against the "devil" and his cunning devices. Someone is enjoying their holiday without a phone call, an e-mail, or a visit from their love one because "satan" doesn't want to loose his grip.

The time has come to snatch our love ones from the grip of this "monster" enough is enough. I'm not going to write a long message but this madness cannot continue.

Date: June 01, 2010 05:47AM

JESUS CHRISTIANS NEWSLETTER #124, JUNE, 2010

Film Production

All around the world we have been working on interviews for the two documentaries that we are producing. In Kenya, shortly after doing an interview with a prison warden and a police officer, where they pretended that mob justice is rare in Kenya, Casey and Joe walked into a situation of mob justice on the streets. A man accused of being a thief was attacked by a passer-by. Casey got between the man and the attacker, which led to him taking some blows himself. Joe was able to hold back two other attackers who had started to pummel the "thief"'s head and body. However, it seemed that overall Casey and Joe's presence had a pacifying effect on the crowd, deterring others from joining in, unlike what usually happens in such situations. Interfering in a "lynching", as Casey and Joe did, can be quite dangerous, as the mob often believes that anyone defending the "thief" is an accomplice and should also be killed.

Jesse and Jayme visited (and filmed an interview with) Suelo, also known as "Zero Currency Man", in Utah, USA. They lived with him in his cave, and slept in the open air under the stars one night. On the way back to L.A. they distributed in Las Vegas, which could possibly be the hardest city in the world in which to distribute Christian literature!

Jesse did quite a few other interviews with people on the streets of L.A., and a lot of editing for the film project.

Back in Kenya, Joe and Alf interviewed a Peace Team Coordinator who was impressive in terms of describing the efforts of himself and his co-workers in restoring relationships between warring sides in East African countries like Rwanda, and the District Republic of Congo. He spoke of using face-to-face dialogue, often between genocide members who had killed more than 40 members of the opposing tribe, and friends and families of those killed by the other side.

Bob and Alf interviewed a local representative for M-Pesa, an advanced banking service enabling people to send and receive money through their mobile phones. Apparently 90% of people in the local (very rural) area use this service. The lady they interviewed felt that a microchip implant (which is obviously much safer than a mobile phone for the storing of credit) could well take off in future. It shows how people, even in a tiny, poor village in rural Kenya, are being primed to accept the Mark of the Beast.

Joe and Bob were also able to arrange interviews with theology professors at two leading Kenyan universities about the topic of justice and mercy.

Man on the street interviews were also conducted by team members in Sydney and London.

Freeganism

In the U.K., however, the media was busy interviewing Alan, as a national TV film crew went on a two and a half hour bin raiding trip in preparation for a future broadcast. The producers were astounded by the vast amounts of food that Alan was able to lead them to, and they plan to confront the supermarkets over their (false) claim that no food was put into bins while still in date.

Ambulance Rescue Missions

On two separate occasions, our vehicle in remote Kenya needed to be used as an ambulance for a serious victim of a nearby road accident.

In addition, two of our volunteers, Obed and Harro, contracted serious cases of malaria, with Harro admitted to hospital for treatment.

"Dental" Outreaches

The L.A. team has been combining outreaches with trips to the dentist. They have spent more time than normal in an area of L.A. where there is a friendly and very helpful dentist who has treated all members of the team.

Jayme, who needed some more complex root canal treatment, went to Mexico, where the cost of such a service is much cheaper. The dentist mistakenly thought that the nerve had already been removed, and so he ignored Jayme's repeated pleas for pain-killers as he drilled away. While Jayme was being subjected to this tribulation type torture training, a few miles away, the others were receiving a good reception at colleges and car parks of selected shopping centres in San Diego, where they were distributing copies of our books.

The Cruise

Dave and Cherry have been busily finalising the bookings for the cruise later this year, which will accommodate 21 Jesus Christians and 21 friends and relatives. Bookings have included many flights from overseas, as well as hotel and train reservations within Australia. The excitement continues to build as the date approaches.

Personnel Movements

People are already starting to work their way toward Australia for the big reunion which begins next month.

The team in Los Angeles has sold one vehicle, with four guys crowding into the other until they depart. Reinhard was kept busy with maintenance jobs on both vehicles during the month.

Fran and Kim arrived in Sydney, where they spent around two weeks with relatives before joining Dave and Cherry in the secret location where much of the reunion will take place. The four of them are working on final preparations.

Joe, Alf, and Bob flew out from Kenya to the U.K. on Sunday. They will be travelling with a large contingent from Europe in a bit over a week.

Paul and Ulrike have joined up with Ross and Barry in Sydney for outreach work there. It has been a blessing having a bigger team for fellowship and counsel. They will be on hand to greet the others as they arrive into Australia.

Visits with Friends and Relatives

Just before Joe, Alf, and Bob left Kenya, Karl made a brief visit to see his family in Western Kenya, since he will not have many other opportunities to get away while the centre is short-staffed during the reunion.

Most of the Kenya team spent a day visiting Collins, a frequent volunteer at our compound, who is now organising volunteer work for handicapped people in his own village. This includes a project at a local school and one at a tree nursery.

A surprise visit from Jesse's family included an invitation to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Los Angeles. It was an enjoyable experience for everyone.

A friendly supporter (April) stayed with the U.S. team for a few weeks, getting some good insights into our lifestyle and teachings during that time. We continue to maintain positive links with her.

Grace invited us to a 40th anniversary celebration of the Catholic Workers in Los Angeles. It was a great party, and we were able to get to know many new people. Jesse brought his saxophone over, and played alongside the dance band that had been booked for the afternoon. It was good practice for him as he has not played the instrument for quite some time.

Simon had a trip to see his aged grandmother in the U.K., who spent a brief time in hospital.

Roland and Alan went to the south coast for a surprise 60th birthday party for Alan's sister.

A friendly South American contact invited Paul and Ulrike to her home for some nice Latino food. She teaches English to children with special needs, and was keen to get a whole set of Easy English books.

Other News...

Bob had the unpleasant job of executing those chickens which have not been laying eggs, in a bid to use up the meat stocks here at our compound in Kenya. The result has not only been some great chicken dinners, but also the remaining hens deciding to get their act together in the egg-laying department!

A churchy crusade (organised primarily by a South African preacher) ran for a week in the small field next to our compound. It was very noisy, but it brought together the local community, turning into something of a family event where people could dance and listen to the preaching (which varied in quality).

Roland fitted the second of our U.K. vehicles with a solar panel this month.

Simon has been taking driving lessons, and he should be taking his test in the next week.

Ross was invited to sing at a Uniting Church mission in Sydney, where a special (and unexpected) offering was taken up for him at the end of the meeting.

New Articles

There is an important article on the difference between how Christians react when talking about sin, and how they react when talking about crime. It relates to some of what we will be covering in the documentary video that we have been calling "Beyond Justice". It's called "Crime vs Sin":

Crime vs Sin:
[www.jesus-teachings.com]

In addition, Dave has done two more articles on phrases from the Lord's Prayer:

Lead us Not into Temptation:

And Thine is the Kingdom:

The Forum

Here are some topics that have been raised this month on the forum, and links to where you can read what people have been saying about each of them:

The New World Order and conspiracy theories (by Ross)

Are Christians really Jews? (by D. Brown)

The root of all evil. (by D. Brown)

What is Truth? (by CrossReach)

Media talk about microchip implants (by Sue)

A new song by Fran

Comments on "Crime vs Sin" article by Dave

It only takes a little bit of faith (by Paul)

10 Ways to Tell if You're Brainwashed (by Joe)

Messages from the other side (by Mandy)

Ten "Unless" statements by Jesus (by CrossReach)

The Violence Debate... source of the "Killers for Christ" myth (by Christine)

A Letter from a Visitor

The amazing prison system in Greenland (by Frytan)

www.jesuschristians.com

Date: June 01, 2010 11:16AM

The Cruise

Dave and Cherry have been busily finalising the bookings for the cruise later this year, which will accommodate 21 Jesus Christians and 21 friends and relatives. Bookings have included many flights from overseas, as well as hotel and train reservations within Australia. The excitement continues to build as the date approaches.

What one might pray, is that there are in fact 21 JesusChristians and 21 "fifth columnists" aboard the vessel, who exactly like Hosea's parents are playing along with McKay and giving him just enough of the appropriate "lip service" in order to remain in touch with their children, with the actual intent of welcoming them back, and encouraging them to move out once they become aware of the slightest wish to escape servitude to McKay and the wider coterie of misled "boot-lickers"....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.