Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 24, 2009 11:20PM

rrmoderator
Has it been confirmed that the case was in fact dismissed?

BTW--In the US the loser very rarely pays the costs or legal fees of the prevailing party.

This has enabled groups called "cults" to file endless frivolous litigation in an effort to silence critics, e.g. Scientology.

FYI--In the US personal injury lawyers usually work on a contingency basis, i.e. if the lawyer wins he gets paid a percentage of the proceeds.

My internet's been out all weekend and I had to reset the modem today, so that's why I didn't get to write you back, Mal.

OK, let's not jump the gun here. Nothing has been confirmed.

We do not know the whole story behind this communique.

Nobody ever said that the case has been dismissed.

Joe wrote that the action against the Johnsons has been dropped.

But, we do not know exactly what he means by "dropped."

We'll see. It could be some cruel joke, more taunting or some such thing.

When I found out, I'll let everyone know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 25, 2009 12:06AM

(Welcome back into cyber space, Zeuszor!)

You are of course quite right...this could simply be subterfuge....(although it seems too obviously "disproveable" to be the nature of lie that McKay trades in...)

rrmoderator's comment that FYI--In the US personal injury lawyers usually work on a contingency basis, i.e. if the lawyer wins he gets paid a percentage of the proceeds.

could also mean that Reinehardts attorney pulled out of the case (and no-one else would take it on!) in the anticipation that he would not make anything out of it (i.e. it would be irretrievably lost)...I would still see that as a "loss" for McKay...he'd be sulking in that case, and we'd be able to observe it in the venom he would try to then unleash on the Johnson family through his son...the brattish "behaviour" always revealing to us what is really, actually on Davids' demented mind..!

...threatening not to communicate with them ever again, EXACTLY as I was instructed to do, way back in 1981 ......oh you ARE an accursed DOG, Mckay!!

(...but in your heart of hearts, you know it's all a lie don't you Joe ...you just feel "trapped" having to defend the "truths" of the "gospel" from your parents who David has explained to you, just can't understand the "truth" you are trying to live out because they are simple "systemites"....!)

Date: August 25, 2009 05:21AM

Thanks Mal, it's good to be here.

What follows is IMO is one of the best and most well-written, cogent and articulate posts ever made to this JC thread of ours.

It's nearly three years old, is by muppet, and I thought that this post would be worth bringing out again.

Muppet, you really hit the nail on the head with this one. My compliments. I return to it again and again in my ongoing effort to really understand this group.

Somewhere deep down in his soul, Joe must know that he has been tricked.

DM is particularly concerned that professional 'cult-busters' can impact negatively on their recruitment. He claimed that they have a fairly high record of success in 'brainwashing people against groups if they are able to get the person before they have had deep personal involvement in the group'.

This is one reason for the JC's ruthless recruitment strategies. The object is to get the recruit IN quickly before they have time to assess and question the beliefs and practises of the group with anyone else. Once the recruit is brought in, they are taught that they have already been brainwashed by their families and by society since birth and encouraged to be suspicious of them. Slick. Anyone who is convinced they have been brainwashed becomes very keen to alter that. Decisions made by the group are then slickly presented to the recruit alongside a less attractive option (eg choosing eternal damnation or choosing to die an unbeleiver ). Reminders that no one who puts his / her hand to the plough should look back are added. Questions are sidelined as evidence that the recruit does not have faith. Fear is the only alternative presented by the group who claim that society lives in fear (and not by faith) In this setting when a new recruit 'decides' to stay after the trial week, they are unaware that they have been the victime of coercive persuasion. The group are constantly reminded of how evil 'cultbusters' are and one by one are inducted to recruit in the same way, on the basis that we will all try to justify our own behaviour. Therefore the recruit who attempts to recruit others becomes doubly convinced that thry are doing the right thing. DM's letters on cognitive dissonance explain this. DM constantly reminds members that everything they do is their own decision ( lie) and that 'there are no locks on the doors' (but the only alternative option presented is going to hell ) . Door locks are not necessary when a mind has been chained.
Ex members are very brave people.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: August 25, 2009 08:43AM

pimento
http://welikejesus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2704&p=27989#p27989
joe
I think it would be a good idea for me to inform people about the outcome of the legal proceedings against my folks. Reinhard and I have both taken out restraining orders against my parents and against my older brother, and we have dropped the action against them.

So, according to Joseph's announcement, he and Reinhard have taken out restraining orders against his parents and older brother AND ' we have dropped the action against them'

I have to admit to being as confused as everyone else about this announcement.

When I initially read this, I thought it was great news, or at least that it would be great news, if it were true. Then the questions begn to surface.

I was not aware that Joseph was involved directly in the litigation against his parents, and am therefore surprised to read his words, claiming to' have dropped the action'. I wondered about US law and whether that entitles him, as a co leader of the group, (assuming he still retains some chunk of the leadership title) to drop the action?

What does he mean by 'drop'? Does he mean that they have forgiven the family or is there some deal or settlement on the cards?

However, if it were true, that Joseph and Reinhart had 'dropped the action', it would still be very positive in many respects, if only it did not mention those restraining orders.

I dont understand the need for such an order, given the circumstances, and hope that the decision to take one out, was not made out of spite or as a means to continue the action.

I hope that the lawsuit is over and that healing can begin to take place for everyone but if the lawsuit is just being replaced by a restraining order, then one would have to question the motivation for it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 08:57AM by matilda.

Date: August 25, 2009 09:40AM

[jcs.xjcs.org]
Kevin from the XJCS says
Dave is claiming systemic persecution and hatred, but his continuing efforts to sustain baseless accusations and lies against myself, apostate and this forum in general makes him guilty of the very thing he accuses us of. The fact that Dave demonstrates such anger at Blackhat for not directing MORE criticism against those he hates, just reveals how similar they are to the RR forum in needing a polarised camp from which to hate their defining other.

Kevin,

I have have been holding my tongue on this one for a while but you have brought it up a few times now, so I will attempt to respond.

I will spek only for myself, although I am aware that there are others who share my views here. I do not hate any of the posters on the JC site, the XJC site or the RR site. I did not adopt or buy into any creed before logging in and I post as an individual here.

Dave would like the JC's to believe that we are all 'rebels', and that we all share the same sentiments and agenda because it serves his purpose. He describes both forums as collectives, as 'hate' sites in an effort to diminish our views.

In actual fact, some very tense recent postings here prove the opposite. We are in fact just a bunch of individuals with very individual views and beliefs. Emotions have run high on all sites at times and whenever it happens, someone will speak up and counter what they are offended by.

I dont need to 'hate' any defining others and I dont need a 'polarised 'camp or a cloned camp either. I have not agreed with everything that has happened on any forum that I have posted on. I dont ever expect that I will. Dave ttries to discount both of these forums by using the ' hate' label, labelling them as 'cults'and claiming that RR leads one and you lead the other. What a load of old tosh!

With much love to all, Matilda

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: August 25, 2009 07:14PM

Thanks for that Matilda.

My sentiments exactly!

Date: August 25, 2009 09:13PM

Blackhat
Thanks for that Matilda.

My sentiments exactly!

:) :)

Thank you also for responding so graciously Kevin. I agree with you that at times things have been really heated, but there are a few people who step in, although we do not always write a lot (alot!)and perhaps our posts get lost in the volumes here. I do not have time to respond to or even to read every post here.

I recall when I first started posting here, all of my posts were delayed for reading, before appearing on the board. I wonder if that is the case with Sisi / Lady Jayne.
I do not see any reason for banning her, but then I also saw no reason for banning any of the JC's.

Let us ask the moderator. Rick, has Lady Jayne/ Sisi been banned or are her posts censored on this site?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 25, 2009 09:38PM

Unless someone is pre-approved all posts must be moderated/approved before appearing on the board.

Moderation may be delayed depending upon the available time of the moderator.

Lady Jayne was never pre-approved and has been banned.

That's not "censored," but rather a reflection of the rules being enforced.

Lady Jayne was attempting to post personal attacks that were little more than rants.

When people break the posted rules they get banned.

This should come as no surprise as each member has agreed to follow the rules before posting here.

Date: August 25, 2009 10:45PM

How else to manage people like Glenn, Al, the Split crew, Sisi posting dribble every 5 seconds, other than by banning participants who contribute nothing other than ad hominem attacks and annoying background noise? This would all become a farce otherwise. It's a "lost cause" as long as anybody feels obliged to welcome the likes of Glenn or Al for condescending to appear on one of these forums.

As far as DM and the JCs go, they'd contribute less then nothing to a discussion. DM derives pleasure from manipulating people, period. If he figures he can take someone down the garden path by exploiting some ambiguity of language, then he will. But if that doesn't work, he has no problem with out and out deceit. It doesn't matter to him, the only point is to get a reaction. His behavior is similar to that of serial murderers, who, once in custody, pretend to wish to divulge information about unsolved crimes, but really don't want anything but attention. He loves to make folks dance. He isn't concerned with his own credibility, just with exerting control over other people, whether it's by enraging them, or deceiving them, or as he must do in his work exploiting people's misery, feigning empathy. The only goal for him is to get a response that he feels he controlled. It's all about control and nothing about dialogue with DM.

Date: August 26, 2009 12:30AM

.......could you clear a little of your inbox out, Matilda...I cannot get a PM through currently.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.