Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: August 20, 2009 03:07PM

Brian is a good friend of mine, who frequently researches behind the deceit that David McKay tries to disguise himself with....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 21, 2009 02:06AM

You are a good man and a good friend, Mal. Thank you.

Cherry has been receiving a disability pension from the Australian government for many years; it is believed that she was first diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 1975.

David receives a Carers pension from the Australian Government.

They obviously are not poor folk. Like I always say: in the JCs, everybody has to "forsake all" except for David and his consort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 02:06AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: luckylady ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:33AM

Anyone know who Laura Bosanquette is? I would like to talk to her.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:52AM

On the matter of the JCs' financing, now that I have given it more thought:

The JCs' main source of income is book sales and other literature and media distribution, and not the kidneys or other body parts and fluids (liver lobes, eggs, etc).

I can only offer conjecture on the matter of how much the JCs may or may not profit form the organ and fluid donations.

But, I have no evidence either way to suggest the group makes money from that. But there's lots of money to be made there, I'll put it this way.

Anyway, the books are printed in India (I believe Chennai, specifically), and once in Australia they are then delivered to Melbourne.

For some reason it’s cheaper or more convenient to get them delivered there, and the Jesus Christians travel by van to pick them up.

Then there's the comics sold on the streets all over the world.

And also the books sold by Amazon i.e. Survivors.

Over 1 million copies of Survivors alone have been sold. Say that they got one dollar USD per copy of Survivors.

And that is just one book of the several that they offer. Adds up, doesn't it?

The Easy English reading books are sold in multiple thousands.

A quote from David:

“I believe that the members of our community are largely convinced that they have a special message from God himself. It just so happens that it has come first through me. They are happy to repeat it in their own words to others outside the community, but they have found that the most efficient way to get the message out to the maximum number of people with the minimum distortion is for them to distribute my writing in print.”

Excerpted from, “Something to Say”, circa August 2000

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

McKay has in the past received grants from the Australian Quakers.

There is a reference to David McKAY receiving a $ 2,000 grant to bring refugees to Australia in a set of minutes from the Quakers.

A further set of minutes has been located in which they pledge another $ 3,000.

It has further been reported that a Quaker woman gave them a loan to help purchase the property in Kenya.

DM and his consort are surely not broke, I'll put it that way.

Does this answer your question satisfactorily, Malcolm?

Date: August 22, 2009 08:34AM

Thank you, Zeuszor...yes!

I'm sure that David is positively "aghast" to hear himself described as rich as he'd (be the first to )tell you all about the "sacrifices" he has made for the "cause".

I doubt that they have a condominium on Sydney's palm beach nor would they the JesusChristians have invested in a Lear Jet, just yet.

However, they most assuredly NOT the "penniless, itinerant preachers of the Gospels" modelled after Christ, that they claim to be!!

Posted by: pimento ()
Date: August 23, 2009 10:03PM

[welikejesus.com]
joe
I think it would be a good idea for me to inform people about the outcome of the legal proceedings against my folks. Reinhard and I have both taken out restraining orders against my parents and against my older brother, and we have dropped the action against them.

For the most part, this came about as a result of differences of opinion between ourselves and Reinhard's lawyer. Reinhard's lawyer took the case, knowing about my parents owning three different houses and having half a million dollars in insurance coverage against damages happening to anyone on their property. However, due to the current depressed economic climate here in the US, he felt that it would be easier to get money from the insurance company than through the equity that my parents had in their homes.

From the very beginning we have held the position that the insurance company was not, in our opinion, responsible for the damage done to Reinhard. We would have preferred to get a judgment against Jared and John for millions of dollars, even if we never saw a cent of it, than to have the insurance company further embellish in the minds of my folks the lie that they have done nothing wrong.

I think most of us here believe that all of this trouble has stemmed primarily from people like Rick Ross, who generate fear and hatred and who encourage dishonesty (e.g. false reports of kidnapping) as a way of manipulating the legal system to force separations between religious groups and relatives. How ironic that they should be guilty of the very thing they falsely accuse us of.

[welikejesus.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:02AM

Interesting.

Other than the self-serving rhetoric and attempted personal attacks, does this mean the lawsuit is now dropped and finished?

Can anyone verify this?

As far as I know it remains an ongoing litigation.

Date: August 24, 2009 09:34AM

Not sure but I will look into it.....and verify what exactly has happened.....

Pimento is presumably (yawn!) yet just another JC operative....but they are almost right! Pimento writes

I think most of us here believe that all of this trouble has stemmed primarily from people like Rick Ross, who generate fear and hatred and who encourage dishonesty (e.g. false reports of kidnapping) as a way of manipulating the legal system to force separations between religious groups and relatives. How ironic that they should be guilty of the very thing they falsely accuse us of.

and (barring few typological errors and misplaced invective) of course actually meant to say....

I think most of us here believe that the end to all this trouble has stemmed primarily from people like Rick Ross, who generate fear among those who spread hatred and encourage dishonesty (e.g. foolhardy retorts to kidnapping) as a way of systematically manipulating others to force separation between religious cults and relatives, who "dare" complain about their abducted children. How predictable that these cults could attempt to sow doubt among us by falsely accusing us of the very thing that they are guilty of.

If only David McKay could just somehow avoid attracting the unwise and the illiterate,

all manner of the miscommunication that so frequently bedevils him might finally disappear.....

Date: August 24, 2009 10:37PM

This is the full quote....

by joe » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:45 am

I think it would be a good idea for me to inform people about the outcome of the legal proceedings against my folks. Reinhard and I have both taken out restraining orders against my parents and against my older brother, and we have dropped the action against them.

For the most part, this came about as a result of differences of opinion between ourselves and Reinhard's lawyer. Reinhard's lawyer took the case, knowing about my parents owning three different houses and having half a million dollars in insurance coverage against damages happening to anyone on their property. However, due to the current depressed economic climate here in the US, he felt that it would be easier to get money from the insurance company than through the equity that my parents had in their homes.

From the very beginning we have held the position that the insurance company was not, in our opinion, responsible for the damage done to Reinhard. We would have preferred to get a judgment against Jared and John for millions of dollars, even if we never saw a cent of it, than to have the insurance company further embellish in the minds of my folks the lie that they have done nothing wrong.

I honestly believe that my parents, and John in particular, continue to represent a real physical threat to myself as well as my friends. That was the purpose for us getting restraining orders. I am convinced that John and Jared intended to kill Reinhard on May 5, 2006, the day that they attacked him, and that they continue to feel that their action was justified. How sad. Neither of them, nor Sheila, have shown any remorse for their actions since then. The best that they have been able to say is that they are "sorry" for what "happened" to Reinhard on the 5th of May. But not an ounce of responsibility has been taken for their actions in the matter. There would have to be a very serious change in their position before I would even consider having any further contact with them. In fact, in a lot of ways I feel that even the little contact that I have had with them over the past three years has only helped to further convince them that they have done nothing wrong. I don't want to contribute to that lie any longer. This is, obviously, quite uncharacteristic of the usual Jesus Christian position with regard to contact between parents and children. But it is my decision nonetheless.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

joe

Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:59 pmhttp://welikejesus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2704#p27981

(Oh and by the way Joe, the scripture you attempt to self-importantly prostitute DOES NOT read;

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you truely, for David McKays' sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Please read the Bible without assuming David McKay and what he glibly tells you, to be the "cornerstone" of it)

"Spin", "spin"...and more "spin"...then again some "spin.....just so much "spin"...Joe is desperately trying to justify what has occurred by "re-writing" history to suit him

(the amount of bullshit on public display is always an indication of just far David has fallen short).....this is looking very "factual" then indeed....

DAVID has been advised that he has LOST the case and thus has, no doubt pulled out in order to avoid full costs being awarded against him.....

.....and in order to continue to be able to "cloud the issue" and avoid having a court award publicly denied to his face!!

...the restraining orders would be David's attempt at a spiteful come back.....to "take away" Sheila's son from her in a tantrum of sulking hatred...

David LOST! David LOST! David LOST! David LOST! David LOST! David LOST!

He would have wasted a small fortune here not to mention the fact that he's now got to spend a LOT of time trying to cover up

(i.e. we "nobly" decided to "forgive" John & Jared)

the evidence that he's not anywhere as "invincible" as he makes himself out to be....

.....a MASSIVE "loss of face" for this little monster....

What a L-O-S-E-R!!....BIG-TIME!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 10:39PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 24, 2009 10:59PM

Has it been confirmed that the case was in fact dismissed?

BTW--In the US the loser very rarely pays the costs or legal fees of the prevailing party.

This has enabled groups called "cults" to file endless frivolous litigation in an effort to silence critics, e.g. Scientology.

FYI--In the US personal injury lawyers usually work on a contingency basis, i.e. if the lawyer wins he gets paid a percentage of the proceeds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.