Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: April 23, 2009 10:13PM

Dear Oerlikon,

It is of course the work of Lifton...please forgive the typo (too many late night postings....!)....it is really not too difficult to google "austlii" select "nsw" and under "Consolidated Acts" find the "Crimes Act (NSW) 1900"....the challenge is being able to do so throughout all the different nations where David will seek to operate his scam given half the chance...certainly some familiarity with English and American Law (the JC's will reconvene as one community in the States in the not too distant future??) is likely to prove a little useful as well one day......however David does so "inspire" one to go the effort!!

I did have a look at the link you posted to A piece of blue sky at the top of the earlier page...and indeed the startling similarities (as one transposes a few names about) are indeed striking....well done! A clever parody!

...but would McKay be more offended by the likeness?.......or Hubbard?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 10:14PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: April 23, 2009 11:41PM

Oh, Lifton. Of course I am familiar with his work. Soon I shall start a book he wrote, entitled Destroying the World to Save It: Aum Shinrikyo, Apocalyptic Violence, and the New Global Terrorism. Both the book of Lifton's and Lalich's book that I mentioned earlier contain signficant sections on and analyses of the Heaven's Gate group, and I would contend that there are several salient features that Heaven's Gate and the Jesus Christians share.

Heaven's Gate performed what one might call a kind of "do-it-yourself Rapture" and I fear that the Jesus Christians will at some point in the future likely decide to do the same.

There are many differences between the two groups; a desire for privacy and a very low profile (in the case of Heave's Gate) vs. a constant grabbing after of attention and a need for prominence (in the case of the Jesus Christians) and the lack of an overt sci-fi, Star Trek theme on the part of the Jesus Christians being the most obvious differences.

However, there are also many similarities. It'd be good to do a more comprehensive, comaprative analysis of the two groups. Maybe someday I'll do just that. There's a dissertation or good thesis paper there.

There are indications that McKay and his wife consider themselves to be the Two Witnesses from the Book of Revelation, as well as indications of certain Messianic delusions on McKay's part. McKay likes to skate around the edge of delusion as he claims he is the annointed one, the Divine Authority as it were, so he is only a small step away from directly claiming to be one of them. His "co-founder" terminolgy could also be linked to this line of thinking.

Applewhite and Nettles were at one time overtly claiming to be the Two Witnesses, who would be assassinated and then ressurected three and a half days later, and then shortly after taken away into space with their students in and event they called The Demonstration.

The McKays apparently expect to one day help rule and reign over the earth with the Virgin Army.

They apparently believe that a starship will take them all to heaven and that they'll one day be watching the Marraige Supper of the Lamb on huge big-screen televisions.

The aliens/angels explain how the New Jerusalem has been hidden in a secret dimension all this time, and how when the great marriage of God to the Church takes place everyone in New Jerusalem will be able to watch it on big screens).

Very sci-fi stuff, the inner core of JC teaching. Seems like it's right out of the Ti-Do mold. Crazy!

Date: April 24, 2009 02:36AM

Don't believe me? Then read the last few chapters of Survivors, especially the chapter entitled New Jerusalerm, and see for yourself. Very Children of God inspired, from Berg's vision of Space City and all that. Very Heaven's Gatey, too, Star Trek Sci-fi stuff. Apparently, the angel's name will be Bob. They will be able to read minds, walk through walls, and fly. The Jesans, the Twelve, and the Two Witnesses will rule and reaign with Christ after the final battle, blah blah blah.

[cust.idl.net.au]

[www.xfamily.org]

[www.xfamily.org]

Date: April 27, 2009 03:18AM

Rasputin, Rasputin
Was he a hero or a heel?
Depends on who's telling the story
Someday the truth will be revealed...

[www.deeptruths.com]

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: April 28, 2009 04:31AM

deeptruths.com is run by James Japan (Arendt) , a member of the Family (Children of God).

Not sure I understand the last post.

Date: April 28, 2009 08:16AM

No matter, it was meant to be cryptic. I am sure that McKay understood my last post though.

BTW: I got the words wrong. The verse is supposed to go, Depends on who's writing the story/Someday the truth will be revealed...

Selah

Date: April 28, 2009 10:27AM

Dear Oelikon,

A tract that David McKay would have cheerfully distributed during his years with the COGs?....chock full of the leading questions, false dilemmas and circular reasoning that David would also later employ in his own efforts to induce others to commit themselves to the "Kingdom of Heaven"....

...you may have noticed that of late David doesn't even deny being "manipulative" and "deceitful"....in his own twisted mind, no principle is too "great" that it can't be sacrificed for the sake of the "ultimate cause".....winning souls....hence he believes that a few minor idiosyncracies on his part (He is a "strong" and "forceful" leader you see, simply due to the urgency of the war he is fighting with the Devil) will ultimately only pale into insignificance compared to the great spiritual "victories" he eventually wins....

....and "we" (me in particular for example), have the temerity to see fit to trouble him, with these trifling inconsequentialities.....

..... in dismissing every principle Christ stood for (personal integrity, faith, honesty).....
.....his little cult is now utterly Christ-less!

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: April 30, 2009 08:03AM

Aye am not Jessie. Sorry Jessica, ef u loze eny sleeep oer diz.
Dave iz wrong agin. Duh, how wrong kan an apostle b be4 desky falls , duh...uh...?he b permanently miztaken in a brainded fashin.

Date: May 01, 2009 03:55AM

This IMO is fascinating stuff and I wanted to bring everybody's attention to it.

The Jesus Christians have just released this documentary they made about themselves.

I have not watched the whole thing yet, only a couple of segments, and will offer my thoughts once I have watched it all and thought it over.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 05, 2009 09:50AM

Dear Oerlikon,

Thank you for the link....I have looked through a couple of the "melodies"....(the documentary is where exactly??)....David had (IMO) his first big break with the coverage that the Mike Willisee current affairs program gave the Christians (as we were called in those days) to the "free work" program (voluntary community service.....David pulled the plug on the program once the coverage drew "thin"....we were of course always just "buying" so much publicity for him in his scheming little mind)...

The image that has been carefully cultivated since then tends to be an unimaginative repetition of the COG targeting strategy (...young people disillusioned with "materialism" are enticed into a system of dependance and subservience to Berg/McKay)....

Same old same ol' here but with a new audience......

Jeremy's number is quite entertaining though....

Yes you ARE living a lie Jeremy, entrapped in a soulless existence, duly living out David's bidding.....you ARE though what you choose to be.....deliberately listening to whatever prevarication David requires you to accept, the very David who would dump you at the drop of a hat (remember Vicki and her children?) without a thought after all the literal years you have spent of your life selling him, if you dared cross him in the slightest...an inspiring reflection there, from Jeremy indeed!!

QUIT your (completely unpaid) job with Mckay today!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 09:54AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.