Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: April 08, 2008 10:03PM

I too am very glad that Chris (Tofferer) has decided to take a break and think and pray about his relationship with God. Chris if you are reading this, i (like many others on here) am not a "hatemonger" I am a human being that actually loves God and wants to see the best for everyone else. I know that Dave likes to call people on here "hatemongers" but i myself have recently discovered that actually they dont "hate" the people on the Jesus Christians forum, they do care and even though Dave makes out as though they this forum is full of hate, you need to read the posts and see that they are not full of hate or anger but concern.

I will make sure you are in my prayers Chris. Stay strong and focused on God, he will show you what you need to do in your life and he will show you the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: muppet ()
Date: April 09, 2008 01:46AM

barbiedoll
I know that Dave likes to call people on here "hatemongers" but i myself have recently discovered that actually they dont "hate" the people on the Jesus Christians forum, they do care and even though Dave makes out as though they this forum is full of hate, you need to read the posts and see that they are not full of hate or anger but concern.

Hello barbiedoll, I do not know everyone here but I agree that there is a great deal of concern and love here for the Jesus Christians.

Dave calls us all 'hatemongers' you say. The question then is how does he define love. Does he define it in the same way as that wonderful passage in Corinthians that we can all learn from.

'If I speak in the tongues[1] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[2] but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.'

1 Corinthians 13

Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: April 09, 2008 06:00AM

Great quote Muppet, Thanks. I think if we are ever looking at love then we should always refer back to corrithians and look at what love actually means and what it entails. Great use of scripture

Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: April 09, 2008 10:24AM

Dave, sorry, I do not post as Muppet (never have) and I am out of town at the moment, but I am well aware of Corinthians 13. The first time I came across it was in a London library when I was 21. I am very old now.... It stunned me and I copied the words by hand so that I could carry them around.

Please update me on your cats and let me know if you were successful in neutering and spayed them. It's the compassionate thing to do and shouldn't cost a lot if you go to the human society or an organization like it.

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: April 10, 2008 02:09AM

Hello dogmother, you may also have copied out this from the bible

'clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.'

Dave rarely quotes the bible passages on love so yes it is strange that he referred to Corinthians a short while after i posted it here.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 10, 2008 04:53AM

The Scriptures simply do not support a "peace at any price" or "hands off" position. False teachers and false doctrine destroy people spiritually.

Please consider the pastoral epistles where Paul calls out the false teachers by name.

Read about Hymaneus (sp?), Philetus (sp?), and Alexander (1 Timothy 1:20).

We can also look at 3 John where Paul calls out Diotrephes by name.

Then, of course, there is the entire book of Galatians in which Paul speaks directly to the false doctrines infiltrating the church there.

Jude 3 commands us to earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints. The context of the passage makes it clear that we are contending against false teachers. 2 Peter says very similar things.

1 Corinthians 11 says that some divisions are necessary so that those who are approved by God may become manifest from those who are not.

2 Cor. 11 also has very strong statements about false teachers.

Another great passage is Acts 20:28-31.

Then there is my personal favorite passage on the topic, Ephesians 5:11-12.

And what about 1 Corinthians 5, where Paul tells the church there to deliver the fornicator to Satan for the destruction of his flesh? Paul didn't tell them to give the guy a hug.

Do you think that you can just give DM a hug or something and expect him to change for the better? Don't kid yourself.

DM is just an evil little man with a need to look better than anybody else and to be right in every given circumstance. All he really wants is to hurt as many people as possible.

But remember, I am mentally imbalanced. I also am possesed by the demon of critical-thinking skills.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2008 05:10AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: April 10, 2008 05:11AM

I don't keep up with the forums very well anymore, but I feel confident in saying that what is happening here isn't about "hatemongering". I, personally, feel a lot of love for the people in the JC's and I don't want to alienate or hurt them. I think that there are many destructive aspects of the JC's that people need to be made aware of and this is a great place to do that. People like apostate have gone out on a limb and sacrificed valuable time to put up some really well written and informative posts. I don't think he does it with hateful motives. IMO, he does it because he wants people to be able to make informed choices. Dave saying that the people writing here are all hatemongers is nothing but JC propaganda.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 10, 2008 05:25AM

Can you share with us please what it was that prompted you to get out of the JCs, Gladitzover? What was the impetus?

Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: April 10, 2008 08:36AM

Jeremy, the youtube video you posted is from Al Franken's book "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them," which I read, loved, and mentioned to you guys several months ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2008 08:37AM by Dogmother.

Date: April 11, 2008 10:41PM

While it's a "bad" way to find a good thing....what is most amazing about the entire JesusChristian experience is that some people still somehow survive them....God knows how!.....yet after giving years of their lives and everything they owned, to be ultimately betrayed when they come to see that it was always only "love of David" and never "love of God"....David is a "testimony" (in his own twisted way) through the light of those who have encountered him, and fallen temporarily under his sway,...but still managed to escape his deceit and be people of worth....ergo there must be something "out there" greater than all the little David McKays of the world....

Jeremiah Chapter 23:

28The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.