Current Page: 100 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: April 23, 2007 12:45AM

I did get a nice letter from Dave':)', explaining how reluctant he was to have to do his own dirty work, but that sadly no-one else on the list turned out to be available at the time ...':(' ... due to family commitments, I think he said... 4th in line he was. Fact is, the man is a complete martyr, and quite unappreciated with it, poor chap. Still not quite sure what number I was on the list tho...(?)

It is quite common for Dave to write "nice" letters to parents after he has caused a good amount of division between them and their child. It's like a sick "good cop, bad cop" routine. He steps in and acts like he is caught in the middle and all he wants is for everyone to just get a long. His only motivation is causing more division.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 23, 2007 10:55PM

I think, following on from the good point that Gladitzover has made here .....that the bag of tricks is running low on gimmicks, and that what we are repeatedly seeing are the same old lies (almost word for word!) recycled with each new episode of deceit to ensnare the next new disciple...and this emphasizes how important that it is that we all be jointly available on this site and elsewhere, to publically repudiate Davids' swindle on behalf of the future families and individuals he will endeavour to devastate....

Lets put an end to it....

(...however before we all get our hopes up too high about "untraceable poisons"....I have to say I don't think they would be powerful enough to work.....what might perhaps do the trick are silver bullets blessed by a priest or cutting the head off and impaling a stake through the heart (...but...then what heart??...and now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure David locks the casket from the inside when he's at rest.....)

Not to mention that he appears even when there isn't a full moon and walks about in broad daylight.....so perhaps we are dealing with some wraith like amalgam of the undeworld here......I don't quite have a positive ID yet!!)

Posted by: Xenophone ()
Date: April 24, 2007 04:00PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST

Lets put an end to it....

(...however before we all get our hopes up too high about "untraceable poisons"....I have to say I don't think they would be powerful enough to work.....what might perhaps do the trick are silver bullets blessed by a priest or cutting the head off and impaling a stake through the heart (...but...then what heart??...and now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure David locks the casket from the inside when he's at rest.....)

Not to mention that he appears even when there isn't a full moon and walks about in broad daylight.....so perhaps we are dealing with some wraith like amalgam of the undeworld here......I don't quite have a positive ID yet!!)

:?: Am I in the right forum?

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: April 24, 2007 05:12PM

Yes Xenophone you are in the right forum, but like yourself I also find the humor Malcolm is displaying at the moment distasteful and as such I do not support what is being said. Malcolm is one individual and does not represent the entire forum, although I am sure that will matter little to Dave who will no doubt use such humor to bolster his paranoia.

Posted by: Xenophone ()
Date: April 24, 2007 06:04PM

apostate
Yes Xenophone you are in the right forum, but like yourself I also find the humor Malcolm is displaying at the moment distasteful and as such I do not support what is being said. Malcolm is one individual and does not represent the entire forum, although I am sure that will matter little to Dave who will no doubt use such humor to bolster his paranoia.

Yeah, I just feel like Dave is so paranoid even when there is no talk (humerous or otherwise) of an organised plot against the JCs. He would really go to town on something like what Malcom wrote. It'd probably give him enough fuel to write an article or two about it, and rave on privatley to his followers for the next couple of months.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: April 25, 2007 12:32PM

Hey McKay: I think that Jesus would spit in your eye were He to appear before you, or at least chase you around with a whip like He did with the money-changers.

Posted by: quakerboy ()
Date: April 25, 2007 11:02PM

Hello! My name is Craig and I live in the US. I am not a member of the Jesus Christians but have had contact with Dave and some of the other Jesus Christians.

I am an active member of a Quaker Meeting here in the US. I've used several of his books which are amazingly simple explanations of what Quaker believe.

While the Jesus Christian way might not be for some, one would be hard pressed to label them a cult. It seems to me that they are a group that is trying to live out the teachings of Jesus as best they can. Hooray for them! In this day and age when Christianity is equated with nationalism, flag worship and material gain, it is refreshing to find people who give their all for the work of Christ.

What really concerns me is the outright lies and half-truths that are being stated as fact here on this board. Come on folks, you're just making yourselves look foolish by making claims that anyone who has anything to do with these folks know are not true.

And what's up with the hateful responses to Fran and others who are trying to explain what they believe? Is that Christ-like? What would Jesus say about this behavior.

Again, I am not a Jesus Christian. I am a conservative Quaker. Dave is also a Quaker and so, in my opinion, he is a part of my faith community and I really find the attacks on him and the Jesus Christians as problematic and an attack on all of us who attempt to follow the Quaker Path.

There are many destructive cults and fundamentalist churches out there which should be looked at with a critical eye. To do so to the Jesus Christians is diminishing what is being said about those cults which are truly harmful to individuals and our nation.

www.quaker.org

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 25, 2007 11:22PM

quakerboy/Craig:

It's really sad how many Quakers have been taken in and fooled by Dave McKay.

I have been doing my work for 25 years and testified in court as an expert witness acrossa the US.

IMO--McKay is using Quakers as he does others, to fulfill his own needs. And the group "Jesus Christians" is little more than a personality-driven cult run by McKay, who appears to be a deeply disturbed person.

Media reports and former members posting here and elsewhere seem to have McKay pegged pretty much, as a megalomaniac that preys upon Christians.

Dave McKay is hardly a "Quaker." He may be using Quakers, but he has more in common with Moses David Berg and the so-called "Children of God," a cult where he once spent some time many years ago.

McKay hasn't even managed to acheive happiness or order in his own house, which disqualifies him according to the bible for the role of deacon, elder or evangelist. His own children have walked away from him and his group and is evident from the media, he is not someone who has good reputation or "good report" about him generally.

I have received very serious complaints about McKay from his former followers, affected families and others conerned.

I see nothing to commend about the McKay group, other than that many of those led by McKay have good intentions and are sincere, but they are sincerely wrong about McKay in my opinion.

Fran and others that follow McKay have posted here like little more than sock-puppets, attempting to spin stories and apologies for McKay.

It is sad to see how this man manipulates and manages people that he wields influence over.

Date: April 26, 2007 09:23AM

Dear Craig,

I occasionally attend the Quaker meetings in Seoul , (and I first went to a Quaker meeting long before David ever decided that it was “politically expedient” for him to do so). Probably I will take my child to attend the local meeting, once she is old enough to be able engage with the other children there, as I much prefer the Quaker approach to spirituality compared to what else is available here. Does that also make me a member of your faith community? You are welcome to contact them and enquire about me!

(Unlike David, I am honest enough to say that I will never be able to become a full member, as were North Korea to ever attack (an unlikely but theoretically possible eventuality) I would have no moral dilemma in shooting North Korean soldiers were I to be suitably armed….I doubt that there’d be a moments hesitation on my part….and of course you know what damage modern weaponary causes, don’t you).

If Robert Mugabe decided to join the Quakers (just after pulping the face of more of his political detractors) do you think the Quakers should “vet” his application at all? (Of course Robert would tell you how he’s not responsible for any of this unfortunate violence and that he is strongly opposed to the ongoing attacks on basic freedoms). If not, well obviously the Quakers you meet with have believe they have no standards worth defending but if so…..

Would you then vet the application of the leader of an organization who takes every cent an individual owns, prohibits private livelihood after persuading new members that only their organization takes the teachings of Christ seriously and to not be involved is effectively a decision to follow the Devil. An organization that then prevents individuals communicating privately with friends or relatives external to the group (at the penalty of being excommunicated from the “faithful”….) determines your location and role in the wider world, masked behind “group meetings” where you are free to vote or express an opinion on any matter of unimportance, but in all matters of consequence you will follow the directions of your spiritual elders….

I presume you have some familiarity with Penns’ religious community in the United States (which in many ways became the model for the principles behind the later Declaration of Independence in my opinion).

Would you “support” an organization that flies in the face of every principle the most successful Quaker community ever stood for (Religious tolerance, Rights of Freedom of Expression, Movement and Association, right to adhere to matters of conscience, Separation of Powers and Equality of all under the Law to name a few….)

If you or other Quakers defend such behaviour, (or are apparently so simple as to believe whatever “spin” is thrown their way because someone sits in your meetings and mouths “pieties” they know you like to hear), then yes, you and they will be “attacked”.

If I quoted “Mugabe” to defend Mugabe, I’d obviously be criminally culpable. Why are you then defending David with nothing more than reference to what he says about himself. It’s a logical (and legal) nonsense.

Perhaps regrettably YOU may not really be a Quaker, Craig. (If you consider any kind of commitment to the Biblical principles evidenced by Penn and the early Quakers as a standard)…..if you choose to deliberately remain blind to the experiences of the VAST majority of members of the JC’s I’ll have to assume you are not.

I’m easy enough to find if you look for some of the contacts in the Seoul Quakers…I’ll leave all the details this coming Sunday!!

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: April 26, 2007 06:14PM

quakerboy

What really concerns me is the outright lies and half-truths that are being stated as fact here on this board. Come on folks, you're just making yourselves look foolish by making claims that anyone who has anything to do with these folks know are not true.

Hello Craig, could identify these "outright lies" and "half truths" which are stated on this board. Surely you should have no difficulty doing that seeing that you have bold enough to call us all liars.

Dave is also a Quaker and so, in my opinion, he is a part of my faith community and I really find the attacks on him and the Jesus Christians as problematic and an attack on all of us who attempt to follow the Quaker Path.

Again, provide the quotes we have said which support your accuations that we are engaged in "attacks".

Current Page: 100 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.