Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: March 22, 2007 07:33PM

cait
ashwyn
Hi Muppet, I have sucessfully posted on the Rick Ross forum only once, but have tried only three times. Every post on RR is moderated, and although I can give you my word that I have not been negative or abusive or anything of the sort, two of my posts have been rejected. I simply can't be bothered writing long replies if I have no way of knowing whether they will ever even be posted.

Hi Ash, it's really good to see your post. Can I just mention that I have noticed posts actually arriving instantly on this forum. I think it less likely to be a matter of censorship when posts do not turn up, than some other issue.

We were really sorry to learn of your departure 2 days after the event, from a third party - had hoped you would have been inclined to speak with us or respond in some way before leaving - a shame that was not possible for you on this occasion.

I would also like to mention my puzzlement at the great interest in advertising and PR that you and your companions keep showing. I love getting news of you, esp with pictures, but am also sure that your testimony on the jcs web-site denounces the grahpic design course you dropped out of, for fear that it may have lead to a career in advertising had you completed it : is this media attention you have currently elicited not the fruit of the same tree?

Jesus never advertised his good works : was he not known on occasion to instruct people he had healed to tell no-one of it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

You will have arrived in Canada now and be preparing for your donation. We are very disturbed - you may have noticed. We do hope all goes well for you there. All we are really worried about is your well-being and your future. We very much hope that you will feel able to communicate with us directly now, both before and after your procedure, and greatly look forward to hearing of it's success from you.

Dave is on the living donors online forum talking about being in a Canadian hospital with a "friend"... funny how he does not use the word "follower" or "group member" or "fellow Jesus Christian". I guess he is scamming yet another hospital ethics board, and abusing the system which has been designed to protect donors and recipients.

Cait, be sure to make mention of Dave's tactics of using the Bible to backstop the giving of body parts to any media that contact you... oh yeah, don't forget to mention the Kenyan volunteer they whipped. I am sure Dave won't mind, after all he thought the idea up. Feel free to email me privately if you want any input.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cait ()
Date: March 22, 2007 08:31PM

apostate
Dave is on the living donors online forum talking about being in a Canadian hospital with a "friend"... funny how he does not use the word "follower" or "group member" or "fellow Jesus Christian". I guess he is scamming yet another hospital ethics board, and abusing the system which has been designed to protect donors and recipients.
It would seem that Dave has had plenty of practice at having to lay out his own welcome mat, as well as at re-jigging his own rules to suit the company line of the day : just what the doctor ordered really, isn't it.

apostate
Cait, be sure to make mention of Dave's tactics of using the Bible to backstop the giving of body parts to any media that contact you... oh yeah, don't forget to mention the Kenyan volunteer they whipped. I am sure Dave won't mind, after all he thought the idea up. Feel free to email me privately if you want any input.
Quite right. If the opportunity presents, I won't be passing it up. I know that prayer does the real work, but what we say counts for heaps too.

Date: March 23, 2007 05:01AM

cait
apostate
I know that prayer does the real work, but what we say counts for heaps too.

As a saying I heard the other day goes: "Trust God, but don't forget to tie up the camel"

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: March 23, 2007 08:54AM

ashwyn
muppet
Dave surpasses himself again with his myths. There has been no excommunication but Dave craves the limelight. There has been coverage of the group and it has been negative on the whole. What does he want? Does he want the Catholics church, the AOG and all the other churches he has infiltrated to start preaching his evolving message? Unlikely!

It is a myth that all the JC's have been 'excommunicated' or banned here. To my knowledge, Fran, Ashwyn and Josh are free to post here and have not been banned. Rick could you comment ? Is this true?

Hi Muppet, I have sucessfully posted on the Rick Ross forum only once, but have tried only three times. Every post on RR is moderated, and although I can give you my word that I have not been negative or abusive or anything of the sort, two of my posts have been rejected. I simply can't be bothered writing long replies if I have no way of knowing whether they will ever even be posted.

Hi Ashwyn,

Glad to see that you can still post here.
In my experience the first ten posts here are delayed and do not appear on the board immediately. After that they do appear automatically and you can use the PM facility. Moderation is common on forums. You are also probably aware that the JC site is also moderated and that posts there have been edited, moved or deleted as well.

Reading other posts I understand that you are posting from Canada at the moment. I wish you well Ashwyn.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: March 24, 2007 07:08AM

matilda
Any reputable journalist interested in speaking to JC critis should be able to post their contact details here. No reputable journalist would ask Dave to supply these and he should not have made that request.

You're absolutely right! There is no precedent in objective journalism that uses one side of the argument as a 'casting' mechanism for the other side of the argument...unless the project is not objective journalism but a promotion for one side. There is no need for McKay to do the work of a true, 'blood-hound' journalist because any journo would know how potentially tainted their story may become. Imagine if criminals could decide their judge and jury!

Date: March 24, 2007 04:12PM

Jack Oskar Larm
matilda
Any reputable journalist interested in speaking to JC critis should be able to post their contact details here. No reputable journalist would ask Dave to supply these and he should not have made that request.

You're absolutely right! There is no precedent in objective journalism that uses one side of the argument as a 'casting' mechanism for the other side of the argument...unless the project is not objective journalism but a promotion for one side. There is no need for McKay to do the work of a true, 'blood-hound' journalist because any journo would know how potentially tainted their story may become. Imagine if criminals could decide their judge and jury!

Australian Story from ABC are doing the story on them. The journalist has been reading the posts in the Flame section of the JC forum.

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: March 24, 2007 09:35PM

[www.abc.net.au]
The website says
Stories are 'narrated' by the subjects themselves. The program aims to present a varied and contrasting picture of contemporary Australia and Australians from many different perspectives and to contribute to the wider spectrum of coverage of issues and individuals.

Not sure how this works. If Dave is to narrate his own story it will make bizarre viewing. Do the producers believe that this is an ethical thing to do?
Are they aware of this thread?

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: March 24, 2007 11:52PM

Gladitzover
DJ lacks compassion and empathy for his followers.
Example: He will confiscate their travel docs. and tickets if they get out of line in a foreign country. Then he has been know to expell them from the community. Knowing very well that they will be left to sleep on the streets until they coming groveling back or demand their possessions and decide to break from the community permanently.

DJ is a controlling manipulator.
Example: He seperates families and causes division between them. That is inside and outside of the community.

Example: I have been present when a letter from DJ has been read to the community concerning kidney donations. I can't remember word for word but something along the lines of, if you DON'T want to donate a kidney I will wonder what is wrong with you, was written. That was just one letter there were many.

Example: In a community grievance he often interprets what people mean for the followers, rather than just letting them figure it out themselves e.g. he might say you don't know this person like I do, they may sound like they are saying sorry but they really mean blah blah blah.

We of course fall for it hook line and sinker. Why? Well, he is the divinely chosen leader of the movement, right? If we disagree surely it is just signalling some unspirituality in us!

Now wee know he choose himself AND No god picked him. And he keeps lying to outsiders bout this. He sayz he never claimed 2 b divinely chosen but he does He still does He still does only to the chosen he should say it on the tv go dave tell them wot you told us

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: March 25, 2007 05:35AM

I trust the ABC to do a fair job. If it was one of the commercial channels I'd be more skeptical. Perhaps this is what we've all been waiting for. The truth to finally surface. And we know too well how McKay can't help but be his own worst enemy. I mean, the guy is simply stupid. Yeah, I know, he's cunning and quite articulate, but this, I'm sure, is outweighed by his own notions of grandeur.

Folks, I think our 'good work' is beginning to bear fruit!

Date: March 25, 2007 06:41AM

Jack Oskar Larm
I trust the ABC to do a fair job. If it was one of the commercial channels I'd be more skeptical. Perhaps this is what we've all been waiting for. The truth to finally surface. And we know too well how McKay can't help but be his own worst enemy. I mean, the guy is simply stupid. Yeah, I know, he's cunning and quite articulate, but this, I'm sure, is outweighed by his own notions of grandeur.

Folks, I think our 'good work' is beginning to bear fruit!

I agree Jack. Dave hates truth, especially when he is exposed to it. He likes to duck and weave, and then zig and zag. He thinks he is avoiding issues, while forgetting that the ducking, weaving, zigging, and zagging speak volumes about his ability to be straight up. There is plenty of evidence of that on the living donor forum where he trying to smother "whistleblower" and stop the asking of questions.

The jounalists name from the ABC is Ben Cheshire, if people wanted to email him to give their side as he is looking for ex members to speak. His email address is 'cheshire.ben@abc.net.au' If for some reason this email address gets moderated because I do not know the rules about his emaill address can possibly be gotten from the ABC directly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.