Current Page: 93 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: February 22, 2007 06:27AM

jason25
have'nt heard from gladitzover and xenophone lately, hope they're ok and not intimidated.

Thanks for the concern. I'm just very busy. I'm reading the board as time allows.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sWord ()
Date: February 22, 2007 08:34PM

muppet
The titles of his teachings here should be changed to [i:26b9009e9c]How to get them all out distributing and collecting donations.[/i:26b9009e9c]

Do you have a link to the [i:26b9009e9c]Eight ways to know his will[/i:26b9009e9c] ?

It's at: [jesuschristians.net]

All the files I could find are there, on the jesuschristians.net site, in alphabetical order.

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: February 22, 2007 10:30PM

Also thank you to the member who PMed this article.

Date: February 23, 2007 03:46AM

Dear Muppet,

At the time I was in the Christians (81-5) it was called the SEVEN ways to know Gods Will (The Word, quickened Word, Revelation, Counsel, Circumstances, Desires and Signs) and had been lifted directly from the COG's I believe (?).

In his inimitable way, I guess David has felt obliged to "leave his stamp" and "improve" the original and from his "apostlic brief" has comically introduced "conscience" (as distinct from desires)....they very thing that I would argue that he deliberately sets out to eliminate. (....hence a "Freudian slip"...David feels the need to pay lip service to an ideal he otherwise crushes mercilessly as a means of displaced "compensation"...).

I take your point Muppet from an earlier posting that "Members engage in actions that they would not normally..." due to the wider influence of the group. I question that this can continue indefinitely however. The "cognitive dissidence" this would require (always over-riding your conscience and giving preference to the "groups" opinions) must eventually (after years and years) lead to the "death" of an individuals conscience...."as though seared by a hot iron" as the scriptures put it.

I think Apostate noted something similar when he commented on Fran, having too much "investment" now in the Jesus Christians" to be able to "concede" anything on this forum.

"Cognitive Disidence" is a term Cherry (Davids' wife picked up from some brief psychology studies and that David employed to show how "erudite" he is).....as far as I know you are correct Muppet that he has had no formal studies in Pyschology....(although now that David has completed some studies in "Nursing"(?), he has now doubt become an "expert" in his own eyes in all matters of physiological health.

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: February 23, 2007 04:24AM

Yes Malcolm. Berg wrote the SEVEN ways to know Gods Will. The Word referred to the entire Bible as interpreted by Mo. For Dave , The Word refers to the red lettered words of Jesus as applied by himself.

Date: February 23, 2007 10:26AM

Hi Malcolm,

Interesting post. The significance of the number 7 is lost in the revised edition.

Date: February 23, 2007 10:46AM

Would respond to latest PM if I could figure out how to get a message to move from the outbox to sent mail.

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: February 23, 2007 09:40PM

Dave endlessly makes mythology to make followers believe they are doing wonderful things.

The truth is that Dave thinks he's a great writer, but he thinks the publishers of the world and the editors of newspapers fail to recognise his "brilliance".

Out of frustration, and seeing how succesful the COG's were at making vulnerable youth into servants, he made his cult and got them to sell his writings on the street as a way to get published.

When you think about it, visiting the JC's is like visiting....

a grumpy booksellers convention.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: February 24, 2007 02:57AM

Good analogy, Cultmalleus.

I also imagine that he's like the cook who thinks his 'creations' are divine. Everyone around the table not knowing what to expect. Some will be gracious and tolerant (and self-sacrificing) and won't complain, while others chew and chew and have difficulty swallowing (perhaps, waiting for an opportunity to spit it into their napkin). And yet others will have the nerve to 'tell it as it is' and push the plate aside.

But I suspect he's more like the tyrant cook: if he sees his naughty children not eating he'll force feed it to them.

Posted by: hello ()
Date: February 24, 2007 06:27AM

Cultmalleus
so very true and so very funny............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it weren't for all the distress McKay causes- the JC story would make a great sitcom- with McKay as Tony Hancock- ever seen The Rebel? He is very unintentionally funny....and such a fraud.
In fact- it really reminds me of the whole Hitler situation- perhaps if he got into Art College he wouldn't have become a dictator- perhaps if Dave found himself a publisher he wouldn't have needed to indoctrinate the young and vulnerable.

On a serious note- hope everyone is O.K. It was really sad reading Ash's parents testimony. That is so typical of Dave- instead of behaving like a true Christian and trying to make things better between Ash and his parents- Dave delights in family discord- so sorry to all the parents out there.

Current Page: 93 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.