Current Page: 55 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: December 15, 2006 06:06AM

Zueszor. I only asked that you stop the rhetoric which referred to violence being visited on Dave. That was my concern.

It can be seen from his comments above that he easily twists such comments. But if you want to continue making such comments you need to know that I do not support you in them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 15, 2006 06:07AM

I have learned better no Sir. Walk softly and carry a big stick, very circumspect.

Date: December 15, 2006 06:08AM

That should say, I have learned better now, sir.

Date: December 15, 2006 06:23AM

Thanks Zueszor. I know you are a reasonable person, and that you are concerned about this cult. So are ex members who have friends inside it.

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: December 15, 2006 07:02AM

thanks zeusor from me too for that declaration; one of the peculiar complexes of Dave is that he seeks the appearance of persecution to validate his beliefs and to cement the unity of the group. This is a major reason for courting sensationalism. (Perhaps they should be renamed christian Sensationalists!)

As you have seen, he is quick to imagine impending physical persecution. Unfortunately he has been quick to jump on some of your posts as evidence that he is to be tortured and killed as a martyr. (Of course we all knew you were writing figuratively but this is fuel for his fire of self glorification within his group). I don't think he really wants true persecution, but he does want the group to think he is a spiritual warrior, fearlessly facing persecution.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: December 15, 2006 08:43AM

apostate
Dave wants to tell us some "truth" about how bad ex members are...

[i:789ffb550f]"the ex-members and Rick Ross have conspired together to distort something that was said on this thread about sexual immorality in an attempt to reach a conclusion that I should not only be executed, but that I should be tortured prior to the execution (because execution in itself is too good for me, they say)!

But, hey, maybe I just have a persecution complex, and they didn't say that at all, eh?"[/i:789ffb550f]

eh? lol! Where did anyone say that? :lol: Maybe he just has a persecution complex, and we didn't say that at all, eh? :lol:

Date: December 15, 2006 11:03AM

I reckon.

Nobody knows Dave better than he knows himself. So I would say his self diagnosis was accurate.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 16, 2006 04:15AM

zeuszor
What do you mean exactly?

Yeah, I was implying that too. I can understand the context: the Bible says it one way and McKay does it another? Or have I got it wrong?

Although the Christian myth interests me, I've never read the whole Holy Bible. It's never been an easy read, but I am fascinated enough because it represents a vital link in the chain of world mythologies. I don't mind Bible quotes as long as there's a context (and that can be pretty slim at times) and, for me at least my benefit, a few personal notes (and this can help with context).

For instance, Zeusor wrote:

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

Personally, a sentence/idea like that needs to be broken down. Call me stupid, but 'subjection with all gravity' sounds like Dickens' or Poe. I don't mind the heavy-handed romanticism of the Bible, as long as I'm not pinned underneath... Actually, I have a real interest in Bible quotes/stories because of their effect/impact on our culture and its people.

But like all mythological texts, sometimes the Bible needs deciphering to sustain its relevance to a contemporary audience - and I like to think of myself as one.

Date: December 16, 2006 08:40AM

Say Jack, this isn't the place for theological discussion. You know my email address. Write me, OK?

Posted by: kath ()
Date: December 16, 2006 10:54AM

Then why put random quotes from the bible- plebs like Jack and I :D don't understand unless you explain in what way they refer to McCay.

And not being religious we are interested solely in how they relate to McCay.

It would just be good for me at least if you would explain the context of the quotes a bit in this thread.

Current Page: 55 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.