Current Page: 25 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: October 30, 2006 05:39AM

muppet
apostate
muppet
Can you remember when it was issued and we will request it from Dave.

What more can you say on insurance claims?

RE: insurance claims, one of his members in the past received a payout for an injury. It became a courtcase with his mother trying to block him giving it to the JC's.

Was this in Australia? When ? Who won ?

It was in Australia. The mother lost

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: October 30, 2006 05:45AM

rrmoderator
Interesting.

Does this mean that McKay in part lives on the dole?

So you are saying that welfare payments from the "World" (government welfare) is in part how McKay lives rather than working at a regular salaried job or providing labor for hire?

And apparently McKay also subsists through taking in some money donated by Quakers.

Does "Jesus Christians" have the Australian equivalent of nonprofit tax-exempt status as a "charity"?

Yes, he gets some money from welfare. His "labor for hire" would be the times he sells tracts and books on the street.

No, the Jesus Christians do not have tax exempt status, unless they have become a registered charity. If they had become a regsitered charity they would be a bit more forthcoming with their annual budget.

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: October 30, 2006 06:04AM

apostate

His "labor for hire" would be the times he sells tracts and books on the street. .

He rarely works the streets. He writes articles and books and they are sold on the street daily. Books may also be marketed to schools.

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: October 30, 2006 08:47AM

Not just on the streets!
On www.amazon.com Zion Ben Jonah's (DM ) book 'Survivors' retails at $6.99 The Spanish version costs more.
This dude has also attempted a condensed version of the dictionary! Easy English series.

Here is the editorial from amazon site.

'Author
Dave McKay won a trip around the world in 1962, as the U.S. 'Newsboy of the Year'. The trip was sponsored by Qantas Airlines, and it featured five days in Sydney. McKay, who married his high school sweetheart, Cherry, when they were both still in their teens, returned to Australia, to live there with his young wife in 1967. They now have dual citizenship (American and Australian).

In 1977, after working as a journalist, public relations officer, and television news reader in Australia, McKay decided to "stop writing news and to start making it". The couple started the first alcohol rehabilitation program in the Northern Territory, one that was exclusively for Aborigines, before going to India as a family, in 1984, where they were soon involved in teaching English to local children.

McKay, and his artist son, Kevin, devised a program for teaching English through pictures, which is presently being used in schools in India and Africa.

As other young people joined them in their adventures, a religious community formed around their family. Although they were referred to as 'Gandhians' in India, they preferred to think of themselves as Christians, and the community later adopted the name "Jesus Christians".

The "Jesus Christians" have never been far from controversy, but their most common activity is just to faithfully distribute copies of McKay's books on the streets of such major cities as London, Sydney, and Los Angeles.

The group's best seller is the novel, 'Survivors', which is an attempt to settle some disagreements they have with the popular 'Left Behind' series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. The book had sold over a million copies by mid-2006.

Dave and Cherry presently reside in Sydney, but travel extensively in order to maintain contact with the string of Jesus Christian communities that have sprung from their influence. '

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: October 30, 2006 09:29AM

Scusi! questo e en Italiano!

[www.cesnur.org]

Date: October 31, 2006 04:41AM

matilda
Scusi! questo e en Italiano!

[www.cesnur.org]

Interesting link Matilda, what does it say?

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 31, 2006 06:09AM

The true 'survivors' of DJ's cult haven't even begun to speak up. The above transcript could be likened to the recent McDonald's advertisements trying to persuade us that their food is good for us. Truth is fabrication; facts stand on their own. Personally, I've heard repeated accounts of what occurs behind closed doors, but, to be fair, it is not my place to go there as I don't have first hand experience.

So, come on all ye faithful and tell your stories (because I've heard some really disturbing ones).

Jack.

Date: October 31, 2006 06:18AM

Jack Oskar Larm
The true 'survivors' of DJ's cult haven't even begun to speak up. The above transcript could be likened to the recent McDonald's advertisements trying to persuade us that their food is good for us. Truth is fabrication; facts stand on their own. Personally, I've heard repeated accounts of what occurs behind closed doors, but, to be fair, it is not my place to go there as I don't have first hand experience.

So, come on all ye faithful and tell your stories (because I've heard some really disturbing ones).

Jack.

Who is DJ? Are you on the right thread ?
What disturbing stories have you heard?

Posted by: Dave McKay ()
Date: October 31, 2006 06:51AM

DJ is a nickname for me, since my middle name is John. Jack knows that because his daughter was a member of our community for a number of years.

Perhaps, Jack, you could start the ball rolling by telling the shocking story of two visionless hippies who joined the Jesus Christians, got married, and were sent off to college to become a nurse and a doctor? Those are 'facts', Jack. But if you want to fabricate something from your imagination, then don't even bother trying to call it truth.

There is something to be said for all the enemies of the Jesus Christians who post on this forum not being able to come up with more hard cold facts. Surely, someone must have really suffered some factual abuse or other atrocity that could be held up in a court as justification for the unbridled hatred that exists here.

Instead, we get things like Tony asking stupid questions and concluding when I refuse to play his games that my refusal constitutes 'evidence' that his wicked imagination is correct!

Posted by: snuggles ()
Date: October 31, 2006 08:04AM

Is the Deborah, who suffered violent abuse at the hands of her father the same Deborah that david may metions when he offers a kidney from 'genuine' young african girl on the doner site.

it seems fast that she rejoined the group in jan and by july has decided

This is tragic! Deborah won't be in an emotionaly fit state to make a decision like this. It's heart breaking that this girl could well being doubly abused.

This is what bugs me;

These cults prey upon nieve and suseptable people, and mostly those who are young and in the transitional stages of 'reliance to independance'. Then along comes a 'cult' to replace the parental role. Not allowing members to 'grow' or mature, take on responsibility or become a functioning , thinking adult or member of society. Cults never end up helping these people, from the fire into the frying pan IMO.

They shun and slander the 'system' for it's ills and evils, yet never see the harm or evil in what they do.

No wonder the family in this other case felt so angry and distraught after losing their son/brother. These cult leaders can't know love or how to love otherwise they wouldn't cause this family such heartache.

They all do step on everyone around them, all manipulation, no heart. God knows they lie and distaut the truth for their own, can't be explained to everyone, motives.

Which brings us to money and power. Has this guy really become a quaker, or has he alteriour motives for associating with them. in the COG was at one stage it was common for disicples to infiltrate denomonations in order to recruit.

Apostate, why have you deleted some of your posts, are you feeling intimidated or some other reason...........

Current Page: 25 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.