Current Page: 9 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 11, 2006 08:43PM

Thanks for your insight, cultmalleus. Good Lord, this bunch is far more spiritually unhealthy than I realized. Enforced starvation? No wonder they were all so thin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Xenophone ()
Date: September 11, 2006 10:47PM

zeuszor
Xenophone, write me, man. Let's catch up.

Sorry, but I'd rather not. I really don't have much to say. I've been reading a bit on what you've been posting on the site, and you it seems like you have a lot of hatred in you. I understand you have disagreements with people, but aren't you able to express them without name-calling?

Posted by: Xenophone ()
Date: September 11, 2006 10:54PM

apostate
Drats I wish I got to this site earlier. Interesting to see the "co-founder" of the Jesus Christians referring to himself as "co" something! I guess you have become more laxed Dave, and given some credit to someone else. One wonders who! Maybe you are being accepting of your wife's role in things these days. Good on you if you are.

I always remember you telling your members to make sure they identified you and you and you alone as the "founder"; or as you would like to describe yourself "annointed apostle". That "annointed apostle" rant you gave once... now locked away into the private archives for access only to those who agree with you, goes so against your previous beliefs of anti-hierarchy. Remember that little pyriamid structure on the one side and the direct connection to the cloud on the other. Well, guess which side you are on now... but then maybe you always were. I was just to silly to realise it.

Man, what has happened to you? Now you are even whipping people for crimes committed against you, and boasting about it while appealing to the sympathy of onlookers to agree with you. I know you would love to have a church that got to be like the Book of Acts and get to bury someone in your backyard when you exposed them. It would be just your luck to accidentally kill someone through your foolish actions; then what would you do.

I have signed my name as "apostate", because that is what I am as far as you are concerned.

Hey, Apostate, go back a couple of posts. I already answered the question as to what kinds of ariticles are in the restricted access, so your scare mongering is a bit flacid. There is no Anointed Apostle aricle. BTW Like you I am an ex JC.

Date: September 11, 2006 11:35PM

I stand exhorted, brother. You gotta understand, for one thing I got out of the Army about nine months ago, with alomost a year in Iraq, and shortly after release found myself in cult not so dissimilar to the JCs. Look at the Trinity Foundation of Dallas TX board. You are right: I do have a lot of anger and other emotional issues that I am working through right now, but if I didn't want to get better I wouldn't be putting myself out here like this. I am asking for your help, brother, because I hardly want to alienate anybody. In that case, I'd be just like a cult of one, you know? Just like the JCs. So, yeah, I DO hate religion and all the hypocrisy and BS that is part of that territory, and have stepped on a land mine or two (so to speak), but have none in my heart for any individuals, at least as far as I can tell in myslef now. But I love Jesus and I love people. Please, I am asking for the support of the online community here. I want to get better. :cry:

Date: September 11, 2006 11:36PM

And for another thing, when did I regress into name-calling? Please show me.

Date: September 11, 2006 11:38PM

I repent of this hatred and bitterness right now, in Jesus' name.

Date: September 12, 2006 12:05AM

Aha, Zenophone, I can tell who you are by your pointed writing style! Tell me, brother, give me a hint, does your name begin with a C? As in, C-no-games?

Date: September 12, 2006 01:11AM

Xenophone, I recieve with gladness your exhortation and thank God for it. I have been meditating and praying on this and it occured to me: first off , OK, I'm not Jesus, I'm not John the Baptist, nor am I Paul or some prophet. I am Jesus' disciple, as are you. Jesus is our example in matters of faith, dependance on God, as well as in the area of behavior and conduct (1 Peter 2:21). Now, all of the above, Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul, the Prophets, all at some point or another looked around at what was going on and got pretty irate and started engaging in name-calling! John the Baptist called the Pharisees a "brood of vipers". (Mat. 3:7, Luke 3:7) as did Jesus Himself (Mt 12:34, Mt. 23:33). Jesus saw what was going on in theTemple and started shasing people around with a whip (John 2:15). And let's not forget he "woe unto you" passages in Mt. 23. Paul wasn't afraid to call a false teacher a false teacher, nor a false prophet a false prophet, either. (2 Peter 2:1-3). Not to mention some of the OT Prophet's tirades warning Isreal. And these are just examples I remember just off the top of my head. Paul constantly exhorted the churches to study things out and to speak the truth boldly, but in love (2 Timothy 2:15). So what is wrong with my calling a spade a spade, or a false teacher a false teacher, or an abusive church a synagogue of Satan, or a cult leader a sick, narcissistic snake? I speak the truth boldly, yes, and if I cross the boundary out of speaking it in love, then I repent of that (1 John 4:20). It seems like we both have some baggage we're both carrying around here, Xenophone. You were a JC for five years you said, right? Sititng uder that twisted, sick Dave McKay guy must have polluted your soul more than you realize. I only knew Ole Anthony for four months and left with a bad taste in MY mouth. So let's be friends, brothers, and learn and grow together. Please, don't write me off. I refuse to bury my head in the sand and repeat over and over, "Judge not!" That's how all these creeps in the Church get away with what they do. It's because bold Christians don't speak up and call it what it is.
I speak in love brother. If I step away from the mercy seat and get carried away by my flesh, then of this I repent. Humbly,
B

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: September 12, 2006 02:17AM

Xenophone
apostate
Drats I wish I got to this site earlier. Interesting to see the "co-founder" of the Jesus Christians referring to himself as "co" something! I guess you have become more laxed Dave, and given some credit to someone else. One wonders who! Maybe you are being accepting of your wife's role in things these days. Good on you if you are.

I always remember you telling your members to make sure they identified you and you and you alone as the "founder"; or as you would like to describe yourself "annointed apostle". That "annointed apostle" rant you gave once... now locked away into the private archives for access only to those who agree with you, goes so against your previous beliefs of anti-hierarchy. Remember that little pyriamid structure on the one side and the direct connection to the cloud on the other. Well, guess which side you are on now... but then maybe you always were. I was just to silly to realise it.

Man, what has happened to you? Now you are even whipping people for crimes committed against you, and boasting about it while appealing to the sympathy of onlookers to agree with you. I know you would love to have a church that got to be like the Book of Acts and get to bury someone in your backyard when you exposed them. It would be just your luck to accidentally kill someone through your foolish actions; then what would you do.

I have signed my name as "apostate", because that is what I am as far as you are concerned.

Found this post from Dave on an ex Family board.

I am the member who was once associated with the Family. My wife was never a member, and I spent only a couple of weeks away from her and living with the Family more than a quarter of a century ago, before I decided to take advantage of a rule that said one could become a "shepherd" by setting off on their own and getting another disciple or two. I returned to my family, enlisted my children as members, and then proceeded to receive postings from the Family (COGs then) as a shepherd. It always frustrated the Family that they did not have me conveniently under their thumb, and eventually Cherry agreed to leave the church scene if I would leave the Family, and the two of us set off on our own, along with our own children. Thus the Jesus Christians were born.
The similarities between us and the Family are many; but almost none of them relate to sexual matters. We appreciate the idea of more open and frank discussion of issues which deeply concern young people, but our community on the whole tends to be regarded as opposite to the extreme, because we do not believe in divorce, remarriage, homosexuality, adultery, or even kissing and cuddling between engaged couples.
Dave McKay <fold@idl.net.au>
Newcastle, NSW Australia - Nov 29, 2003

link [www.exfamily.org]

I dont think there ever was an article about the 'anointed apostle' of God but he did teach it orally. Only the JC's lived by faith enogh to be true sold out believers working for God and not for money! Ha. There was something called 'True deceivers' or something like that. Also a book of studies to read instead of the bible and the top 40. If you read a book called 'Survivors' it informs of Dave's mad rants and fantasies about the end time (about to happen soon)
There is a review of it here [chickeninabighat.blogspot.com] 'The heroes of Survivors are the Jesans. ( does it sound like the Jesus christians?) The Jesans' leaders - one of whom is recruited after the destruction of the US (oh yeah, the USA gets nuked into barbarism in chapter 1), one of whom doesn't appear "on-screen" much and lives in Australia, where Dave McKay lives - turn out to be the Two Witnesses who will preach against the AntiChrist in the Last Days. They breathe fire and speak the Truth and are guided by God in all things. They witness the rise of the AntiChrist, the construction of a Jewish Temple and Christian Church in Jerusalem next to the Dome of the Rock, the institution of the Mark of the Beast... eventually, they are shot dead by the AntiChrist's forces. At this point, the Rapture happens. (Because, you see, the Rapture only happens after the Great Tribulation, not before.)

He does believe he is anointed and above everyone. Kooky bit about web site being invisible to the agents or the system. In same book or Armag for beginners the JC's get to do nasty stuff in the end and then bury all the bods before they rule the world. Ha!

Anointed or not he istill seems to b one wave short of a shipwreck!

Date: September 12, 2006 02:24AM

Are you saying that McKay believes and teaches that he is one of the Two Witnesses?

Current Page: 9 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.