Current Page: 7 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: muppet ()
Date: September 10, 2006 08:42AM

[[color=green:3703469d05]quote="jinnythesquinny" It's abundantly clear that it's Jesus they are following and not Dave. /quote][/color:3703469d05]

Dave does not even believe in the Bible Jinnythesquinny and he leads the group slowly but squarely away from him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: muppet ()
Date: September 10, 2006 09:36AM

Dave McKay

Sorry puppet, but you failed!

No I merely choose to respond in a way that I choose. You've had trouble finding all that positive stuff..huh?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 10, 2006 02:08PM

Xenophone, I am pretty darned sure that we have met in the past, in Dallas TX in the Spring or early summer of 2002.

zeuszor@hotmail.com

Date: September 10, 2006 02:21PM

SumYou probably remember me too Fran. I visited you JCs once in Dallas in Spring/Summer 2002 and you all gave me the willies. But, your website has had a profound impact on my Christian life. As a whole, you just all seemed to be a pretty pissed off bunch to me. I saw no fruit of the spirit in my brief visit, just judgementalism and anger. I remember the Bible study I sat in on was called "No More Mister Nice Guy." And you were all skinny and dirty and smelled bad. Call me superficial, but is this the way to bring people to Jesus?

Date: September 10, 2006 02:28PM

Also: I was going through a rough spot in my life at the time (emotionally speaking) and you probably remember me as a bit of a kook, too. :-)
Remember when I just abruptly left? That probably had you wondering.
No hard feelings, I hope? I think that you guys' message is pretty right on actually (not your approach to dealing with people, your message. More correctly, JESUS' message) but the problem is you're not speaking this Truth in love. You are speaking it from a judgemental and condemning spirit. I hope our paths cross again someday, brother.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 10, 2006 08:16PM

If you follow Dave McKay's posts here they fit the same pattern you describe zeuszor.

McKay doesn't answer questions. And then either egages in childish name calling or arrogant pronouncements.

Not very "Christ-like," but rather revealing.

Who do you think the so-called "Jesus Christians" actually imitate, "Jesus" or Dave McKay?

It seems like they mirror McKay's failings and personality traits much like the followers of other groups called "cults."

Cloning the leader a salient feature of many cults.

Date: September 11, 2006 12:48AM

Well, I do not know much about McKay in terms of his background and personality, but as evidenced by the tone of his ranting posts here, and my experience, albeit brief, in meeting the JCs in the past, it looks like the JCs are McKay-ites, just like the TFI bunch are Ole-ites, and the IHOP people are Bickle-ites, and on and on and on. In short, I see your point, Sir.

Date: September 11, 2006 06:23AM

Hey Dave and all the rest of you JCs...what's up with all the "private teachings" on your site? True Christianity has no "private teachings", no secrets. It is proclaimed joyously and publicly from the rooftops. Christianity has no "private teachings". Are you disciles of Jesus and servants of the Most High God, or some Gnostic cult where I can't learn the "private teachings" until I am part of your group? Don't you realize how weird that seems?

Date: September 11, 2006 06:26AM

Hey Xenophone, spills the beans, man: what are the "private teachings"? The secret Jesus Christian handshakes? :lol:

Date: September 11, 2006 06:29AM

Xenophone, are you and your wife named James and Ufuoma (I believe that is her name)? See, I told you I remember you!

Current Page: 7 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.