Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Date: September 09, 2020 10:54PM

It would be 'nice' to find someone who has emerged out of their time spent with the JesusChristians and who has somehow managed to stay a little more than psychologically 'damaged goods'....

Perhaps Boyd and Sherri and family...just about the only ones that come to mind...(although I have of course not met ALL of the former members)....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2020 10:55PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: September 10, 2020 02:19AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be 'nice' to find someone who has emerged
> out of their time spent with the JesusChristians
> and who has somehow managed to stay a little more
> than psychologically 'damaged goods'....

Malcolm, you are the only former member who I know of who is willing to do anything publicly about Dave McKay and his cult. All of the rest of them, in my experience, 1) were (like the Gianstefanis) either kicked out of the group, and are still somewhat sympathetic to the the group (this type will not call it a cult at all) or 2) are psychologically scarred, very much believe Dave to be a bad man and the group a cult, and refuse to say or do anything about the cult because they're scared to death, or else otherwise unwilling to talk about their experience with Dave McKay. This type generally does not even like to think about Dave McKay. So you are a rarity in my experience with this group, Malcolm. You're very well-adjusted and are very willing to do something to stop McKay, and I salute you for it.

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Date: September 10, 2020 05:16AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
>
> Malcolm, you are the only former member who I know
> of who is willing to do anything publicly about
> Dave McKay and his cult. All of the rest of them,
> in my experience, 1) were (like the Gianstefanis)
> either kicked out of the group, and are still
> somewhat sympathetic to the the group (this type
> will not call it a cult at all) or 2) are
> psychologically scarred, very much believe Dave to
> be a bad man and the group a cult, and refuse to
> say or do anything about the cult because they're
> scared to death, or else otherwise unwilling to
> talk about their experience with Dave McKay. This
> type generally does not even like to think about
> Dave McKay. So you are a rarity in my experience
> with this group, Malcolm. You're very
> well-adjusted and are very willing to do something
> to stop McKay, and I salute you for it.

For example, Malcolm, I know of at least one ex-member, a male guy left the group (I am not sure if he was kicked out of if he left on his own), who will not do anything against (whether in public or behind the scenes) the cult, because (basically) he is embarrassed and ashamed about having been tricked into giving up a kidney. That poor guy. He might have real health problems one day.

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Date: September 13, 2020 06:41PM

Thank you Whirlwind,

I think (hope?) that the majority of those who donated a kidney...live to a 'healthy old age' and that their gift was ultimately genuine (..and was not provided primarily out of a wish to either fund or advertise McKay)....

....'we' (I?) should work 'our'(my?) way through some of McKay's written work...the 'write up' in Wikipedia is clealy designed to cast them in a favourable light (completely excludes David's years in the Children of God for example...thus does not identify the origin of a lot of the Jesus Christian theology)....

Date: September 17, 2020 02:28AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Whirlwind,
>
> I think (hope?) that the majority of those who
> donated a kidney...live to a 'healthy old age' and
> that their gift was ultimately genuine (..and was
> not provided primarily out of a wish to either
> fund or advertise McKay)....
>
> ....'we' (I?) should work 'our'(my?) way through
> some of McKay's written work...the 'write up' in
> Wikipedia is clealy designed to cast them in a
> favourable light (completely excludes David's
> years in the Children of God for example...thus
> does not identify the origin of a lot of the Jesus
> Christian theology)....

You are welcome, Malcolm. I've never tried to edit their Wikipedia page at all. Have you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2020 02:28AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: September 26, 2020 04:30AM

Interesting. The YouTube channel "Truth Convoy", which is supportive of the Jesus Christians and the McKays, has gone quiet. That crazy wench has not made any new videos in over six weeks. I wonder why. Maybe she's done the world a favor, and left it (as in, hopefully she has passed away).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2020 04:31AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: October 02, 2020 10:33AM

Greetings. I tried engaging with one of the Reddit users I mentioned in a previous post. They told me that their friends (people they live with) have told them that conversations with me are unfruitful, which is why they are not engaging with me in a discussion.

I find it interesting, because this user told me: "I would still encourage you to see what the Jesus Christian community is truly about and not to base your assumptions from what you only see on the outside or from other "cult buster" type people who have spoken about us."

It seems it is okay for them to judge and condemn me based on the hearsay of their peers but it's not okay when I do it. I wonder if they've read Matthew 7:2...

They've also encouraged me again to post on the JesusChristian forum if I "truly want an in depth discussion", yet they refuse to engage me on the very forum they're using to promote their teachings. I do not believe going into their echo chamber where they are able to outnumber me then simply ban me when I don't agree with David's theology will be fruitful, so that is on the back burner for now.

I have been busy reporting the posts the users are making and messaging the moderators of the subreddits they are posting in and informing them of the cults activity. I have gotten many posts removed and several users banned from subs they post in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2020 10:34AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: October 03, 2020 10:51PM

Please ask that 'kindly soul' to get in touch with me ....via this website...

After all my years in the 'Christians' are likely to outrank their membership standing.... to slightly paraphrase their excuse to engage with you Whirlwind....

I would encourage that user to see what the JesusChristian community is really about and not to base their assumptions from what they only see on the outside (of the 'inside') or from from other 'cult-invested' type people who have spoken to them.

I presume that they are mindlessly unaware for example that the number of individuals who have left the JesusChristians or been purposely found unsatisfactory down the years greatly outnumbers those currently within the organization....

'Matthew 7 ; 14' ..amended version...

(Because strayed in gait and narrow is the wayward mind of David McKay which leadeth until death and few are those who wish to find it.)

Matthew 7 : 15...somewhat more orthodox version

Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

As I have pointed out in previous postings...40 years ago, in 1980 David McKay wrote literature predicting that the United States would be totally destroyed in a surprise Nuclear Attack... which was distributed in public and which of course has to date not eventuated....

(I have committed myself to a date for this event prior to mid May 2026...most probably sometime in April 2026....at that point I become a false (or at the very least unreliable 'prophet' myself...McKay has held official FALSE PROPHET status for several decades now!)

David McKay is demonstrably a false prophet.

Matthew 6 : 1

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

David McKay does all his 'alms' in public....(volunteer work, kidney donations) specifcially to engineer media coverage for himself.... he will receive no reward in heaven for these...and nor will his gullible minions... when they persist in remaining deceived...

David McKay is demonstrably one of the 'Pharisees' that Christ warned of!

Matthew 16 : 6

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2020 10:58PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: November 03, 2020 11:31PM

I have been reporting the posts they make in each subreddit and messaging the mod teams to alert them of the group and their behavior. The fact that they've openly taught that one should harm themselves as a means to build discipline in resisting temptation is coming back to bite them in the rear and I've been including it in every message to the mods.

[removeddit.com]

[www.removeddit.com]

The first link is a post by a user No_Work_6000, the second is a comment by SlowObjective4. Both were removed, but luckily there's a way to view removed / deleted content on Reddit. They both link to the same AVID video.

Posted by: ImagoDei ()
Date: November 06, 2020 07:37PM

I have encountered another member of the Jesus Christians on Reddit, as well as another one of their YouTube channels. The member goes by /u/JesusMeansWhatHeSaid and here is a link to their profile.

[old.reddit.com]

Here is a link to the YouTube Channel, The Teachings of Jesus.

[www.youtube.com]

Compare these two videos:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

They are the same video.

I suspect this user will not engage me, but I pray to be proven wrong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.